alansd

just bought a new house

in this pandemic mess, my wife and I visited a new development just down the road from us and fell in love with the numerous attractive one story cottage like homes.

Our present home is a farmhouse style and with our grown sons now in their own homes, it is way too big for just us two.Also

i watch my wife struggle  with maintaining it , though she enjoys the yard and garden work,it is too much. So, we struggled with the decision, then just went ahead as everything fell into place.The builder gave us a great deal, a realty company offered to buy our home for a good amount, and so on.

The best thing is the zero entry shower with built in seat and grab bar, beautiful kitchen, tech upgrades like super insulated foamed walls, video doorbell, wifi enabled control over thermostat and lighting. Gas filled windows that are highly insulated. All on one level, no stairs.We are excited but now covered up in shaking off so many things we don't need, to downsize.It is a challenge but we've already committed and started.We close in mid to late June and move on.

I am excited and mildly apprehensive, with the fact that this will likely be my last home, though suitable and comfortable.Meanwhile I got my new Trike to ride around our neighborhood.     its all good .

Congrats on your new home,Alan. I hope that you will both be very happy there.   Becky

Brilliant move Alan, best of luck with it, tell us about your new triped.

Deigh

Oh that is so exciting! Enjoy!

Fantastic!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! :bravo:

How exciting!!

It will be great for you, being single storey and having an accessible bathroom. 

Your wife will love a brand new kitchen!!

All the best with deciding what NOT to keep!

🥰

cleaning out and selling stuff like crazy, its kind of saddening to see tools I've had for so many years go. but we are paring it down.this is hard, realizing what I cant do anymore, spent years restoring cars and trucks and motorcycles

Oh so hard to do, but supposed to be freeing for the soul too. Best of luck with the move and new house, it sounds perfect.