I don't know if this is the correct forum.

My doctor has prescribed a Lexiscan Stress Test and I am wondering how safe that is my history having a stroke six years ago. I try and steer clear of anything that could cause another stroke. Does anyone have information as to weather I should decline the test?

Mark

I had something similar to help locate my SVT so the doctor could fix and find it. I felt like I peed myself lol Drink plenty of water both before and after.  Having this test could prevent further health issues . 

** Bring a list of your medications ( allergies) You are closely monitored.  As I said, I had SVT  which was a rapid heart beat so it felt like when I had a 'bout. I had something SIMILAR for this test wouldn't have been good for me.

With everything, there is a risk of further health issues and that has to be  mentioned.

If you aren't sure about a test your Doctor is recommending, get him to explain exactly what is involved, what the risks are and why he wants you to do this. What is the benefit?  How safe something is depends on the nature of your stroke and how well you have physically recovered. There are often things they can't tell us about why we stroked in the first place, and they don't really know when or if someone will have another. So all you can do is understand your risks and manage them. Usually if a doctor is asking for a test they have a good reason to ask for it, but in the end it still comes down to how you feel about taking that test. and does to make sense to you to take it. Will it tell you something you need to know, and how sure are they that this particular test will provide an answer to the question they are trying to answer.

Good luck.

-Heather