CBD & mental clarity

razrbak94

Looking for first hand experiences here.  Anxiety relief?  Are you in a fog?  What has been your real world experience?

I have gone into detail here a few times but overall didn't feel it was very well received by most so I don't bring it up ant longer. There are a handful of members medicating this way however.  I will be glad to discuss my success mentally and physically with edibles in detail with anyone seriously interested. Feel free to message me here or email me (preferred) - wildaugherty341@yahoo.com -    

51 minutes ago, Willis said:

I have gone into detail here a few times but overall didn't feel it was very well received by most so I don't bring it up ant longer. There are a handful of members medicating this way however.  I will be glad to discuss my success mentally and physically with edibles in detail with anyone seriously interested. Feel free to message me here or email me (preferred) - wildaugherty341@yahoo.com -    

Thanks Willis, I suppose "search" truly is my friend in this situation.  Not meaning to stir anything up, just wanting real feedback, not hype of hyperbole.

1 hour ago, razrbak94 said:

Thanks Willis, I suppose "search" truly is my friend in this situation.  Not meaning to stir anything up, just wanting real feedback, not hype of hyperbole.

It is a curious subject these days and it has helped many, me for one. I think the fact that it does have enough medicinal value to legalize it to that point speaks to the fact that it can no longer be denied. I didn't feel I was ever stirring the pot (pun intended)😁. I do understand the attitude towards it of because of what we have all been told and preached over the years. I am pain free physically and mentally with no side effects. I only get a little of that from my BP meds.   

I'm a fan of CBD . I use the vape pen but not on a regular basis. The thing that people don't like/understand CBD oil is you don't feel the euphoria you would normally expect to feel to know it is working, The thing about CBD , or at least mine, is it just happens.  Most people complain that it doesn't work when it's just they don't realize it. Again, this maybe just my brand.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2020 at 9:24 AM, razrbak94 said:

Looking for first hand experiences here.  Anxiety relief?  Are you in a fog?  What has been your real world experience?

razrbak94, forgive me that I hadn't posted in your thread concerning your question about using a CBD product. I did however post in the other thread about CBD use concerns with an aneurysm. I was both hesitant in posting in either because I use medical cannabis products that are infused with both CBD and THC hybrids. I posted mainly in the other thread because my stroke was associated with an aneurysm. And though I did not experience any neurologic pain associated with the stroke directly after the surgery, the pain first reared it's ugly head within a year following. Actually I didn't even connect the two until many doctors visits, testing, and treatments later. It took almost a year and an extremely experienced neuro ophthalmologist at the Bask and Palmer Eye Institute here in Miami to properly diagnose the pain and it's origins. So, I thought that this may be of some future relevance to her possibly should any pain occur as a result of the surgery as mine did.

Since I use a legal form of medical cannabis (legal at the State level) using this form infused with THC does have the potential for euphoria at higher doses, it can cause a fog during onset, but pales in comparison to many of the opiates I was prescribed during the course of treatment of my pain issues. And much more controllable. I'm mostly homebound so I never drive or get behind the wheel of my car while using the cannabis products, so if anything, the fog as you asked about helps more I guess in reducing any anxiety and helps with sleep...in my experience. Like Willis, I'm somewhat hesitant in posting about medical cannabis products because of the legal issues on the Federal levels and the taboo associated with use. My guess is that at this point with so many states on-board with some kind of legal use of cannabis for medicinal uses, soon or a later it will be accepted by the medical community at the Federal levels and will finally be restructured under the controlled substance acts and legalized completely. 

So, aside from the legalities, for me it has been a Godsend in managing neurologic pain. And my decision to pursue this alternate treatment was at the tail end of my search for pain relief following several years of both prescribed medications which included opiates over a course of several years, homeopathic remedies, and respectively acupuncture and acupressure. I nearly tried everything in a desperate search for pain relief. A last ditch effort if you will. 

In retrospect, I wish I would have tried this path earlier. It would have saved me so many doctors visits, time and money. This has been such a small part of my real world experience using a medical cannabis hybrids containing both CBD and THC infused products. Sorry that my post comes late to your query, as I was trying to separate the CBD and THC products from discussions. Hope this may help..

I use two droppers of cbd Canadian Hemp oil each morning, they seem to help, but I can't be sure.I did get some cbd gummies w(ith 5% thc )they helped me relax with zero pain and I felt great, Cant get these where I live though, so they were a one time thing.

Wish my state would relax the laws.

5 hours ago, alansd said:

I use two droppers of cbd Canadian Hemp oil each morning, they seem to help, but I can't be sure.I did get some cbd gummies w(ith 5% thc )they helped me relax with zero pain and I felt great, Cant get these where I live though, so they were a one time thing.

Wish my state would relax the laws.

Hi Alan, as of 2020 there are 35 states in the US that have implemented some kind of medical cannabis programs and 11 that have legalized it for recreational use, so soon or a later it will become more widely acceptable on the remainder state levels and in the long run my guess is that it will have a profound impact at the Federal level in reclassifying it away from being Schedule I on the Controlled Substances.

Personally I could care less about the legalization of it's recreational use, my needs are strictly medicinal and I'm proof that it does have an impact on pain management along with many of the other purported uses. 

May I ask what state you currently reside? It's a darn shame that your access is restricted by your states legislature. With so many other states currently operating some form of medical cannabis programs, I hope that soon you will have this benefit. Locally in our state, I have read so many stories from patients that have enrolled in our Compassionate Use Program regulated thru the Dept Of Health here in Florida, about the many benefits people have by doctor approved recommendations. And a good many of them are older adults that are looking for alternative choices than many types of prescription medications, though they will always have their places and uses.

Good luck Alan, and I'm optimistic that it may just be a matter of time, I wish you well.

• 2 weeks later...

OK showered this afternoon as I will be using all my strength to get through 2 oral surgeries tomorrow. Should go smooth as I have been through this before. The 48 hours following are important for me and I've put some thought into my recovery and am comfortable with my set up, Heck we even dug the walker out again to make it simpler to get to the bathroom in the middle of the night for a night or 2. It has been awhile since I've seen that old friend, but I got sidetracked here.

So I am a leftie and the brain bleed took that side out. As I  have said before the left hand doesn't like being left out but it has to be with some things. As I had eaten my 2 medicinal canna-butter nuggets (that contain all the CBD and THC that was in the plant) about an hour before they were were just kicking in as I was showering. We have a detachable shower head that I have always( since my stroke over 5 years ago) left attached when I shampooed and rinsed that way. As I mindlessly went through my shower routine I realized I had pick the shower head up in my left hand and I was efficiently rinsing my hair like the old days. I was suprised to say the least but it's not the only time it has happened whilst medicating with the magic plant, just sayin'. After my next dose at 6 hours before bed my side effects will be deep sleep.

That sounds great Will I do hope that leftie continues to be useful. When things work without you having to think about it that's magic that only people like us truly understand or appreciate.

9 hours ago, heathber said:

That sounds great Will I do hope that leftie continues to be useful. When things work without you having to think about it that's magic that only people like us truly understand or appreciate.

and isn't that uplifting when it does happen. No fantasies about ever being close to normal again but I am continually amazed at how our brains continue to fight and look for ways to make things work again. 

• ksmith pinned this topic