we were sitting on the porch of our new "cottage" home enjoying the dog walkers going by when we saw a young muscular guy with a huge

great dane in solid grey.Beautiful hound. we waved at the guy and complimented his dog.
On his way back he came across our lawn to speak to us, but though his lips were obviously moving no sound was heard,

when he came close enough I could hear his almost perceptible words, He showed us his cell phone where he has a text that explained he is Bob who suffered 3 strokes at age 28 after a mosquito bite gave him encephalitis. So wow! I remarked at his physical condition and he said he works out at the nearby gym.Looking like a bodybuilder, and walking quite well.We spoke about my stroke and my tiny Yorkie who stood up to his massive Dane.She's such a tiny beast!or thinks she is, ha! I invited Bob to stop by and chat anytime.

Nice to meet others who understand

I still go to Ray's stroke recovery group as I have good friends there. One of the women is a whisperer like your new friend. She can sing though as singing img comes from a different and undamaged part of her brain. She belongs to an Aphasia choir associated with our group and really enjoys it. You might tell the young guy that and maybe he will find that a boost to his social life.

That was some pleasant reading before settling in. A stroke, no wait 3 at 28 years old . Good God in heaven! I think back to 1978 when I was 28. As always "how unfair". It does show youth can sometimes be a huge advantage in recovery. Then the gal who could sing in spite of speaking difficulties. Wow! I have heard of people  who stuttered terribly but not when singing. It sounds like the move is working out nicely Alan.   

Bob is a can do kind of guy.

I like him already!

What a lovely gesture Alan, talking to him to start with, and befriending him.

You superstar!

💚