How Complaining Rewires Your Brain for Negativity Mission Mission

Repeated complaining rewires your brain to make future complaining more likely. Over time, you find it’s easier to be negative than to be positive, regardless of what’s happening around you. Complaining becomes your default behavior, which changes how people perceive you.

Well. I'm gonna agree with that 100%.

I always try to look on the bright side.

I do my nut occasionally, though. But I don't hold a grudge.

💚

As we know the brain rewires itself to the patterns you feed it most often.  Why should that only apply to physical movements. This is one reason why the daily happiness lists work to change your outlook.

👍

I try to be POSITIVE and upbeat  most of the time.I also pray often.

I do the same and I sometimes have a short in my brain and I have a brief moment anger. I shout or "freak-out" but that lasts for only a minute then I bounce back. I tell people that I need to get it off my chest, which is true, and once I say or do what I need to say, or do, I feel immediately better 

Ah yes Kelli, the song Le Freak by Chic comes to mind.  Momentary  melt down.  Reset all the other stuff clanking around in that mind.

Finding it very hard to do this today. I think I'm going to give myself a crash day, and then kick myself in the shins and get on with it.

I CUSS A LOT. It does help some to release my frustration. If I try to do something and fail, I say "OH, *beep*," AND TRY AGAIN.

15 hours ago, becky1 said:

I CUSS A LOT. It does help some to release my frustration. If I try to do something and fail, I say "OH, *beep*," AND TRY AGAIN.

yes!!!!!! I do , as well , and I can't help it. I remember hearing somewhere that where , on the brain, you have damage or something like that opens the door with cursing. I tell people that cursing is something I do like breathing air. I never cursed as much as I do now. I found this article cursing

I get freaked out for stupid problems, like taking ten minutes to put on a shirt,  i never get used to how frustating it can be, but I also watch "dry bar" comedy on youtube which is very funny to lighten up my attitude.

I was leaning on the bathroom sink with one hand and trying several times before finally getting a leg in the correct hole I commented to my wife that I have almost forgot how easy that use to be. We looked at each other and laughed and laughed.  

laughter truly is the best medicine. 

It really is the best medicine and it is weird because there are times I feel like crying instead and I'm not always sure which way it will go.

yep can often go either way, aim for laughter whenever possible

I do aim at laughing at myself but I think even the sadness of what has happened to us gets to each of us from time to time.

Yeah, it's linda laughing thru the tears,Becky

For sure Becky1. We are faced with keeping "a stiff upper lip" no matter our daily challenges. Only we understand how deep we have to dig for that strength at times. I try not to as The Pretenders said in a song "sob around" because I know it makes my wife's job that much harder..

True no one is perfect and sometimes a little wallow helps make it easier to pick yourself (and your lip) up and keep going. Nothing goes up all the time. If you are having a down day I find it easier to acknowledge the fact of it which somehow makes it easier to laugh it off.

You are so right about those "breakdowns" being valuable. This is another mystery of my stroke to me. I do always feel so much better after emptying some tears from my eyes. It is like a cup that day after day and becomes so full it finally tips over and spills eventually.