Im so sad.

mikem

As some of tou may remeber i suffered a stroke oct 2010 then dec 2014 my older brother had a stroke and heart bypass  weveived together  after my mom died my dad was paralized and we took care of him then in 09 he died  borh parents deathert were a fast shock. This past week my brother got a low blood cell report and instrucked to go to rhe ER. And he had a cold but rhey being safe tested him for covid and put him in a covid wars and told me to  not enrer and leave. After waiting 5 days to get a negative report they did a bone marrow test for the low blood platylets   Turns out he has Acute myeloid leukemia. And agressive treatment dosent work wirh heart disease Just when i though we could enjoy our older age and go fishing 

im verry afraid of being alone 

Mike, life is uncertain these days and now you have this to cope with as well. No advice except to take each day as it comes. If you are close enough see your brother as often as you can, make new memories, find something that makes you both laugh. If the worst happens you will remember the happy memories. The dream of going fishing may still come true, none of us knows what the future holds.

Like Sue, I can't think of any words to say except that I'M SORRY THAT YOU AND YOUR BROTHER HAVE ANOTHER ORDEAL TO GO THROUGH. i THINK THAT SUE'S SUGGESTION IS good one: Yes, see your brother as often as you can,  Bring in old family photos to talk and laugh about. TAKE WALKS OUTSIDE WHEN HE CAN. Make fishing trip plans. Whatever makes you both feel good.And remember that you both have a lot of friends here at Strokenet who are praying for you both.   Becky

Mike,

I agree with spending as much time together and say everything you want to talk about.  My heart aches with the sadness you have to go through but I'm glad it will be shared between the both of you  💓

I me and john live togatger. We are the only family we have. John is verry confused in the hospital and wants me to come get him when he get confused at night. I dont know yet what the furure holds but i will continue to yake care of him when he come home. I feel so helpless now when i cant go sit with him. He was calling me at night on facetime as f i was in the room all night  bit the nurses  moved his phone last night. He may come home with me today but its hard for mento get good info 

I do hope they let him come home to you soon. Especially as it sounds like there's not much they can do for him in hospital and he is getting distressed.  I suggest you call the ward and ask the nurses to let him have his phone at night, although if he's in a shared room they are probably concerned that he is disturbing others. Hugs for you both.

-Heather

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Mike, so sad to read this news of your dear brother.

Please take care of you, so that you are ready to welcome your brother home.

💚👑

• 2 weeks later...

My heart goes out to you and your family Mike. Prayers that your brother comes home soon and that you can spend as much time as possible together as a family. ❤️

• ksmith pinned this topic