My bad leg is so very painful just lately.  Incredibly painful. 

My muscles like us all, are weak and under-used.

I'm trying very hard to get into a routine; every morning after breakfast I make the bed, tidy the kitchen and empty the dishwasher, put on washing and tidy up any area that has been left a bit of a mess.

I'm not a neat freak but I really don't like junk hanging around.  Ok I'm a neat freak. 

My next step is to add in riding my you beaut recumbent bike, but I'm not sure how. By the time I finish my tidying routine, I don't think my leg, or back, for that matter, could cope with more.

How do I stop my darn leg from stopping me doing things?

💚👑

Janelle, If the cause is underuse, maybe the cure is to use it. Try using the recumbent for just 5 min. at a time, then resting .Or use any length of time that you feel comfortable with, with your goal being to increase your time. Or take a walk. Or do stretching exercises while seated if you want to. Do anything that you can to move that leg around. I have found over the years that movement of any kind helps.   Best, BE4CKY  

Becky have you been talking to my husband? 🤣🤣

Yes, that does make sense.

I seriously did not think that way, so thank you. 

💚👑

Yep some morning just getting onto the bike is the exercise. So if you just do 1 minute or even 30 seconds it counts.  There is a thing called micro habits.  That may be the way to go.  They say do a very short thing every day and if possible link it to an activity you already do.  So if your goal is to floss your teeth every day, start with flossing one tooth every time you go into the bathroom. and once you are doing one tooth every day increase to 2 teeth. etc.

https://hbr.org/2020/01/to-achieve-big-goals-start-with-small-habits

Two days in a row, Becky and Heather, on my bike!

Not sure if you all know, but James Blunt is my absolute favourite singer. He's just about all I listen to. I've made a playlist of his songs.

A four minute song, a three or less minute song, another four minute song.

The idea is to ride to a four minute song, rest during a short song, then ride during the next four minute song.

Not sure how many songs I'll do, but like your teeth thing, I'll add the next song when ready.

💚👑