Diabetes medication

So two weeks ago my doctor put me on more medication for diabetes. 

Not only does it add to our expenses, it makes me feel bad.

Apparently the unwell feeling will only last about four weeks!!

I know it's for my overall health but wow. Over it.

💚👑

HI Janelle as an NDIS participant you should be on a Health Care Card, which means PBS scripts at $6.90 a time, so the financial side should be minimal. But adjusting to new meds can suck, especially with gut side effects. I do hope it settles before the 4 weeks is up, but if it doesn't talk to your doctor. Sometimes changing the time you take it will mix things up enough to mitigate the symptoms. e.g. consider taking it before bed rather than in the morning so you sleep through the worst bit.

4 hours ago, heathber said:

. consider taking it before bed rather than in the morning so you sleep through the worst bit.

Good idea. Will try to remember that for Monday. 

I didn't know about the health care card. I'll look into that.

Yet another confusing thing about the ndis.

💚👑

Because I'm now on NDIS I lose my Mobility Allowance. I'm supposed to now have my required transport costs covered by my plan. But the HCC stays even though the money is gone. NDIS did not give me any transport allowance. I'm planning to fight them on that one.  Wayne's Carers payment should also qualify you for a HCC I think.  Fingers crossed.

I'm waiting to hear from my support coordinator about the HCC.

I get a travel allowance now. So much better than the vouchers I used to have.

Can't complain about ndis too much...yet!

Also Heather, I'm eligible to have my hair washed and blow dried once a fortnight.  I'm so doing that.

I wonder if you might be too?

💚👑

Hair dressing is not covered by my plan, I'm too independent with self care, but my manicure is covered! My OT wrote a "prescription". Just hanging out for lockdown changes allowing us go to beauty salons again.  The other one I need to get organised is my weekly kitchen support for cooking.