Motor planning still a deficit after decades

Hi Janelle, DST is good in the south, especially for TAS and VIC, we are far enough south that if we don't do it in Summer the sun is up at 4am and goes down at 8pm. So it's easier to pull everyone forward by that hour so we get light time after work when the weather is nice.  QLD don't do it either. It used to be that DST only started at the end of October. But then someone decided that the start of October was "better" I don't understand why so the sun now comes up at 7am and goes down at 6pm but as the days get longer that will change and be very nice for summer. It's just these first few days/weeks where it's hard, as I try to readjust my body clock to new clock time. Especially as most of the external time triggers don't exist when you are working from home.

Unfortunately a covidiot from the last big cluster in the suburbs has now taken the virus into a country town and infected 3 people by eating in a restaurant. He was allowed to be in the region for work , but was not supposed to be mixing with locals.  So now of course our promised let out date is under question, and they are talking about keeping the 5km rule to keep us out of regional areas, even if they do relax some of the local restrictions. If I ever meet that man I'm going to do something really nasty to him. I know he probably didn't know he was infectious, but my patience is running out.

Heather I bet. Things really don't seem to be improving there.

The unfortunate thing is that it really does just take one person to ruin it.

Is your beloved cat over you being all up in her personal space?

I am pretty sure our girls love it when we are all out.

💚👑

Yep Jade's attitude to me being home fulltime varies from day to day. Sometimes she insists on being under my feet, and gets her paws trodden on, and/or sleeps on my desk while I'm working. Other times she very pointedly ignores me for hours, but then comes asking for grooming and play time.

Heather,

So sad that the area has been increasing due to lack of following the need to stay safe and take requested precautions.  It happened today in the largest trauma hospital in the state and invected large wings of the hospital.  It is a large country truama center and so many are infected and they do not know how the units were contaminated.  

It is either carelessness but the dangerous groups have been causing a lot of havoc in our country.  This whole situation makes me feel, like I am sure many feel in my country and other stroke victims in other countries.  Stroke made me feel totally helpless as I am sure it did for many or us.   Some for months and some for years thereafter, but others for many years of little or sporadic recovery.

Think we all can empathize in some way how so many are feeling in the world.  Perhaps better than most  who work with trauma.  Hope you and everyone on here are fairing well.  

So sorry, still not sure how to maneuver the blogs or even a new post as perhaps that would have been better.  Honestly, I do not feel safe in my own country due to other things than the virus, for the first time time in my life, which makes life a lot harder.  I also felt unsteady on a forum when I know very few folks.   Fortunately you kind folks who have known me and those who did not responded and that gave me courage.  Thanks one and all.

Marcia that's so sad about the outbreak.

It's usually one who spoils it for many.

We have strict rules here. 

Hopefully after the first Tuesday that follows the first Monday in November you'll have stricter rules.

Take care

💚👑

Janelle and Heather,  

It is upsetting as there is a deficit at the top for making sense to those who need guidance instead of attack motives, using the pandemic as a political weapon.  The governors, for the most part, are trying to keep us safe, especially in our state.     I suspect this recent infection was purposeful, which is extremely upsetting just like our major forest fires.  

We have a deficit at the top which makes me feel like we have an "unfit" doctor who forgot to get his education to operate a country.  Anyone who cannot understand is lacking in empathy or compassion for humanity and suffering a major mental deficit.    I agree with Heather, I feel the same way regarding the nasty people who promote deception and ignorance.  

Deductive reasoning is needed here and the hope that common sense is finally gaining for the health of this country and our standards.   Deductive reasoning is lacking here.   I try to lay low and make some avenues to help change where I can but is it hard to tolerate ideas lately.   I know most people are unaware of reality in this fear based country or just the opposite people who are so totally naive to reality  until they suffer a loss of a loved one. 

Hope you all stay safe and healthy.  You all deserve a quality of life and have worked hard to gain yours back.  Keep up your work on this forum as you are both helpful wonders to so many on this forum.  Take good care.  Share any great ideas of how I can be helpful both here and abroad. 

I'm pleased to report Victoria's outbreak now seems to be pretty much under control.  14 day average is now 6.2 cases/day They extended our travel circle from 5km to 25km on Monday. But they are keeping metro residents separate from regional still. So while I can now arrange a meet up (outside) with my metro based family members, we have to do a meet in the middle as 25km doesn't quite get us to each other homes and anyway home visits are still very restricted, I still can't visit Mum and Dad or go to the country house.

The situation in America is very scary, this thing grows exponentially. As we found here in Victoria when 2 cases "escaped" quarantine in May and we were up to 700+ per day by mid June. With the case count as it is in most American cities there's no way to get it back under control without some very tough restrictions and 100% cooperation with them, which in your current political landscape seems pretty much impossible. Sorry to be a downer. Marcia all you can do is keep yourself safe and do your best to squash the spread were you are. Hopefully enough people doing that will start to slow it down. That was the approach taken by Sweden from the outset. If everyone does the right thing for themselves and their family members it will work eventually (although the toll will be much higher)

Yes it is getting totally out of control and the anger is exponentially increasing which does not help matters.  Never thought to see this country in such depression with a man who has not understanding of the chaos he has unleashed on this country and the world as well.  Fortunatlly your have smarter leaders.  We had reasonable ones but not ilike this person who cannot say one kind thing to anyone but himself day in and day out while people are dying around him.  How this happened is behind my comprehension except no one was aware of the extent of what a sociopath can do or how he thinks.   The psychiatrist wrote a book for the senate to warn them before he went on the podium but they did not listen.  Too large population of totally unaware citizens full of many outside influences to confuse the situation and he capitalized on the situation.   People think think this is not as bad as it seems, thanks to the president but I know different as it is obvious from the beginning when the country was finally informed.  I hope you can get to see your parents soon.  I know that just be so hard on you.  I am hoping I will get to see my family members again as ow they are quarantined in other states.  Take good care and I will send good energy to them opening up your ability to see your folks.

• ksmith pinned this topic