Scared...again

GreenQueen

So last night I was the most scared of recurrence than I ever have been before. 

What started this whole thing was the right side of my lips going numb.

Last night, the left side of my lips were numb.

So I panicked. 

I did the look and see test, and everything was fine.

Everything is still fine this morning,  but boy, did it freak me out.

I do have these funny 'turns' where I get numbness etc, and I just deal with them.

They've never started at my lip though.  Particularly my good side.

My heart is still racing a little, just thinking about it.

💚👑

Thanks ladies. 💚💚

Sue I was exhausted last night before bed, and planned on getting up quite early (for me)

I guess it was my body telling me enough is enough. 

💚👑

holy cow.  I agree with Sue with feeling weird when tied. Has it happened since?

Thankfully no, Kelli. The usual numbness etc, but the scary stuff has abated .

Mind you, I've been listening to my body and sleeping, instead of getting up to an alarm.

💚👑

One of the most difficult things to do it to listen to my body. I start doing something, want to continue, and then overdo it.

I am slowly learning ( after 2 years) that it is okay to do things in small steps, to stop when I am tired, and it's really important to sleep as needed.

After all, the brain needs rest too!

And it's a great idea to ditch the alarm clock!

I am so glad it hasn't happened since.

Sue

Wanting to do stuff is definitely a problem Sue! Being a card maker yourself, you know that when the mojo is strong you have to run with it!

Thanks Becky. Starting in your face, you would totally understand how I felt!

💚👑

I've not had the numbness you experienced but can accept that it is probably due to your overdoing things. I've had a couple of meltdowns recently  for the same reason. Desperately trying to complete projects and getting upset when something unexpected goes wrong. I've overcome it temporarily by moving my unfinished projects off my den table and out into the shed where they are out of sight. 

You would have expected that at my age I would have learned how to handle unexpected holdups, but unfortunately I hav'nt, so it is no point me trying to teach you how  to take things easy.

Deigh

Janelle, in reading your post I was reminded a time pre-stroke that my work partner would on occasion come in with a condition named Bell's Palsy in which what you posted reminded me of him. One side of his face would be affected and from the eye to the mouth would droop down and go numb, it was such a distinct look that really stood out. I worked with him for 25yrs and was so used to him looking perfectly Mikey as his name, that I can now kinda understand what some may have thought about my condition after making a gallant effort to return to work. My Supervisor sent me home the first time after 4-1/2 months of rehab because he was fearful I was returning too soon. All it took was him watching me try to climb the stairs to our office. 

Though he was right, I just was so desperate not to fear having to be put out to disability pasture that I came back prematurely. I couldn't shake off the stroke deficits anymore than Mickey could shake the facial numbness from the Bell's Palsy.

I'm relieved Janelle that your numbness has abated. To add, my left side numbness from the top left half of my head on down has never let up, except in dreams of course. There have been those days in my 13yrs post stroke that I'd often felt I'd give anything to feel numb-free. It really gets intense in these colder months, my left arm and hand almost feels like a solid bag of sand if you've ever touched a bag filled with sand in the lawn and garden section of a home remodeling store..that is my best description I can think of. In the colder months even typing on my laptop, my fingertips of my left hand feel like wood fingers, and forget typing on the iPhone keyboard, it's definitely a one handed task.

And finally, Deigh, as of late I've had my share of run-ins with any kind of home projects. We're allowed 2 bulky waste pick-ups a year for my small town. We are to just put it all out front of our homes in piles and call for a pick-up. They allow tree cuttings, furniture, small electronics, to be placed for the trucks to come with their cranes and collect it. I just have so much stuff that I've accumulated over the years that it almost mirrors the clutter in my mind that I haven't use for. So with the help of my wife and the aid of a 2-wheel cart I cleared out some patio furniture that has been unused on the pool deck, computer desks in my room that just take up space, even almost tossed my bed because I now have been sleeping in a chair for several years and since the wife and I haven't slept in the same bed, it just a waste of space. That limited day of work so fatigued me mentally and physically that it took several days to feel somewhat restored.

Yea, definitely for me too, sleep from mental and physical fatigue is a must to be recharged. I do make it a necessity to try and do whatever I can but also within my limitations, which often vary.

Janelle, I wish you and all here a good Holiday and a wonderful fulfilling New Year!

Geez, I can ramble and it's such a blessing to do so at times, thank you for the opportunity to vent small bits of stuff..:wink:

Hi Mark, yes most the weird sensations are on my good side. Sometimes the affected side of my face, like right now my cheekbone area is a little strange.  But so is the top of my head on my good side!

It's frustrating as the sensations don't have a permanent home, they turn up all over the place!

Will2 bells palsy was my first diagnosis! My face has the definite droop and my right eye has real problems staying closed.

The rubbish collection you mention, we call vergeside pick up.  Before the rubbish collectors pick everything up, most of it's gone!  Apparently you are not allowed to rummage through other people's junk, but who's that gonna stop!?

Many blessings this Christmas time to you Mark and Will2.

May Christmas be a wonderful joyous occasion for everyone, and may 2021 bring good health to us all.

💚👑🎄🎄🎄

9 hours ago, GreenQueen said:

Hi Mark, yes most the weird sensations are on my good side. Sometimes the affected side of my face, like right now my cheekbone area is a little strange.  But so is the top of my head on my good side!

It's frustrating as the sensations don't have a permanent home, they turn up all over the place!

Will2 bells palsy was my first diagnosis! My face has the definite droop and my right eye has real problems staying closed.

The rubbish collection you mention, we call vergeside pick up.  Before the rubbish collectors pick everything up, most of it's gone!  Apparently you are not allowed to rummage through other people's junk, but who's that gonna stop!?

Many blessings this Christmas time to you Mark and Will2.

May Christmas be a wonderful joyous occasion for everyone, and may 2021 bring good health to us all.

💚👑🎄🎄🎄

Good Morning Janelle, oh yea somebody snapped up the patio chairs in a heartbeat at nighttime. They were very good poolside patio chairs but the fabric materials just started falling apart, they've been outside on the pool deck over 15yrs in our blazing South Florida sun just eats the materials up without a pool screen enclosure. I noticed this morning that somebody also added to our pile some big wood table top also. It is scheduled for pick-up but estimate times allow up to 11 days. Thats the part I'm really concerned about is others driving by and tossing their stuff into the pile that could exceed the height requirements before they add costs. I don't know about you or others here but I'm not sure if folks are expressing their displeasure of the pandemic restrictions or unhappy about how it's affecting their job security but in my otherwise quiet town they've been at the fireworks every night it seems since Thanksgiving and it's driving the cat bonkers he scrams under my wife's bed and won't come out. Even the other night they were setting fireworks off at 4am someplace in the neighborhood. I'm afraid the cat is going to have a heart attack New Years Eve. I did a search online and it's not a local problem it's happening all over the US. I read that the Mayor of New York wants to completely ban them even on New Years!

I've been including you and all here in my daily prayer log, especially for Alan's stem cell procedure. I wish him great success.

• ksmith pinned this topic
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Paul.

I've had a couple of similar episodes since, but that one takes the cake for scare factor.

My doctor and I are always amazed at the curve balls my brain throws at me.

💚👑