I’m so happy for this time of year for it starts to get lighter later. So this always causes anxiety for so many people and I think that it’s mainly folks from states or territories that do not normally observe. I know remembering something that only happens two times a year can be very difficult. I can’t wait for this time of year for the warm sunshine returns.  And when we turn the clocks back I am the first person to complain about it getting dark earlier, but in the beginning I’m celebrating the extra hour of sleep. 

In the beginning of the time change it  tends to mess up the figuring out the chat times for some being accustomed to,

so please don’t get upset about coming late it takes everyone a little bit to get in the swing of this..

((again :: This only applies to those who have always have been taking part in DayLight Savings Time)))

Most areas in Europe (last Sunday of March 01:00UTC to last Sunday of October 01:00UTC) 
 most areas of Africa and Asia do not. In South America, most countries in the north of the continent near the Equator do not observe DST, whereas Paraguay and  most of Chile do. 
The practice of observing daylight saving time in Oceania is also mixed, with New Zealand (last Sunday of September 2:00am NZST to first Sunday of April 3:00am NZDT) and parts of southeastern Australia (first Sunday of October 2:00am local standard time to first Sunday of April 3:00am local daylight time) observing DST, while most other areas do not.

{As of 2020, the following states and territories are not observing DST: ArizonaHawaiiAmerican SamoaGuam, The Northern Mariana IslandsPuerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.}

AFEFD6B7-65BE-4DBE-AE08-418A4B2F3E71.jpeg

This is so helpful for me and my body clock. I'm pretty useless until sometime after noon and usually even a little later no matter how good I sleep. I very rarely do my bike exercise before say 2pm and even as late 5 or 6pm some days. With the warm weather I can ride around on my mower soon cutting grass into the evening if I have to. I do like my riding mower because it has become my mode of transportation around the property and for visiting neighbors near me. Now fall back not as much fun but it does give us a chance to hibernate and I now embrace that.  

I'm have trouble understanding time differences, I live in the Southern hemisphere in New Zealand. Today the chat forum will change its time by moving the clocks forward an hour. We do not change just yet so tomorrow when I want to chat I will have to do it an hour earlier than my norm. I will soon get used to this, BUT, in a few weeks we will move our clocks back an hour and again I will have to find a new time to chat.  I will now be two hours different from you in USA and I'm having problems getting around the logic of this!

I'd welcome a logical explanation.

Deigh

Deigh, I believe the time you would normally get to chat wil be one hour later for you now before your clocks change. Sorry took some time to get back to you, I’ve been working the midnight shift at my job I haven’t been getting on early enough

Don't think so Keli. I'm expecting an hour earlier!

Deigh

We don't do Daylight Savings.

All the best with it, everyone!

💚👑

Poor Jade, Heather!

Maybe leave her feeds at her hungry time? Or is that ALL the time?

🤣🤣

💚👑

I have been anticipating this since it changed last year in fall/winter! I feel life filling in my cold dark spots. YES YES YES FREAKING YES! This totally brings on the spring fever and I am particularly a fan! 🌞😎🧘‍♀️

On 3/22/2021 at 6:44 PM, GreenQueen said:

Poor Jade, Heather!

Maybe leave her feeds at her hungry time? Or is that ALL the time?

🤣🤣

💚👑

She's one of the least food driven cats I've known. I guess she's never had to wonder where\when the next meal is coming from. She always has crunchies available and is pretty good at telling me when the bowl is empty, although her version of empty and mine don't always coincide 🤣. With me working from home for the last year she's taken to coming to get me when it's dinner time rather than her being fed when I get home from the office. I wouldn't mind that but her way of getting my attention is to stick her claws into my leg/trousers. I'm trying not to reinforce that by responding when she does it but it's tricky.