I'm absolutely sure we have discussed this many times before, but right at this very moment, it's worrying me. 

I've got a slight cold (no Rona here) and had a few dizzy moments, which always worry me. 

What is bothering me the most, is tingling sensations all over my head. There's one at the back of my head now. That will go, then I will get one at the front, on my face, across my forehead. 

Nothing comes of them, but they do worry me.

Are they normal?

💚👑

Janelle, I can't say that they're normal but, I often get these migrating pains and/or throbbing similar to a headache that moves about. The only thing that kinda bothers me is it's post stroke so now I take these type of anomalies a little more serious. 

If you're concerned it would be wise to check with your provider.

GQ, i THINK THAT THE STANDARD ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION IS THAT IF ANYTHING HAPPENS OUT OF THE ORDINARY, TELL YOUR DOCTOR.HAVING SAID THAT, IN OUR PAST DISCUSSIONS ON SIMILAR ISSUES, IT HAS COME TO LIGHT THAT MANY OF US HAVE EXPERIENCED SIMILAR SENSATIONS, WHICH CAN BE SCARY. WE   HAVE  CONCLUDED THAT SINCE THESE SENSATIONS COME ON QUICKLY, AND LEAVE JUST AS QUICKLY WITH NO HARM DONE, THAT THEY MUST BE PART OF THE BRAIN'S "SEARCH AND RECOVERY"PROGRAM IN WHICH IT TRIES TO ASSESS  AND FIX DAMAGES DONE BY THE STROKE.   BECKY

Thank you both.

I will definitely tell my doctor when I see him next.

Might be time for another mri.

💚👑

Janelle I definitely agree with everyone. I can't say that I have had similar pain but I do get headaches a lot mostly in the back of my head. Mine is definite neuro fatigue and happens quite often if I am stressed, it's raining or something raises my anxiety. I'm sure having a cold would do just that for me at least. Let us know how things go. Huggs!

• 1 month later...

I had my mri today.

Will have results next week.

💚👑

Thanks Becky.

Going from past experience, the doc won't ring unless something has changed.

So hopefully he won't ring, I'll just go to my appointment next week!

💚👑

On 8/18/2021 at 8:09 AM, GreenQueen said:

I had my mri today.

Will have results next week.

💚👑

Janelle, I'm in the camp that having had a brain injury it's not such a bad idea to have an MRI every once in awhile anyways, just for peace of mind. Those annoying migrating odd pains every now and again always kinda raise a red flag for me. Always one of those added bonuses of being a member here, knowing that other survivors in recovery share many of these common concerns. Though our individual brains may widely vary in recovery, just knowing that others here experience similar experiences helps me to adjust my anxiety levels accordingly. Thanks as always for sharing! Did you use contrast with the MRI? My last was without.

Will yes they are definitely head aches as appossed to headaches...if you know what I mean!

I'm allergic to iodine, I'm pretty sure the contrast that they use here has iodine in it.

The machine in town is an old one a Perth hospital didn't need when they upgraded. It's not the greatest, but much better than going to Perth just for a scan!

I'm pretty sure all is good, haven't heard from the doctor yet!

💚👑