Memorable Experiences in Rehab

This incontinence comments brought up another point post-stroke, for me that is. Now I sit to pee and no longer stand. Additionally it could be medicine related and/or age related but it's harder to get started and takes a little time thus the sitting for the duration. Though my time in the bathroom has increased exponentially, it's a good time to think and plan or just reflect. It's an odd topic to discuss but there's added humor in there too.

Thanks Janelle, hugs back at you. And to all the 4-legged lovers everywhere, it improves my quality of life each and every day for me and such a Godsend. I only wish that I could sleep this relaxed...

p1314522887-4.jpg

2 hours ago, will2 said:

This incontinence comments brought up another point post-stroke, for me that is. Now I sit to pee and no longer stand. Additionally it could be medicine related and/or age related but it's harder to get started and takes a little time thus the sitting for the duration. Though my time in the bathroom has increased exponentially, it's a good time to think and plan or just reflect. It's an odd topic to discuss but there's added humor in there too.

Thanks Janelle, hugs back at you. And to all the 4-legged lovers everywhere, it improves my quality of life each and every day for me and such a Godsend. I only wish that I could sleep this relaxed...

p1314522887-4.jpg

I was sitting also for a while to pee for a couple reasons. Less splash, less work for the maid and I it was a good way to use the legs. After April said I didn't have to because it didn't make much difference I got use to standing again I kept doing it. The tub or shower is on my right when standing there so on the wall of each I have a good strong grip I hold while standing there. Here's the antidote William that was the old house I would sit as we had upgraded to an elongated bowl and higher seat it wasn't a bad up and down. The two baths in this new house have regular round bowls and are so low they might be fit for a young child. Even April who has to always sit can't sand them and knows how they challenge me. There was a back up like everything but two upgrades shipped today and our "guy" will install them when they arrive and haul the old away. 

18 hours ago, Willis said:

I was sitting also for a while to pee for a couple reasons. Less splash, less work for the maid and I it was a good way to use the legs. After April said I didn't have to because it didn't make much difference I got use to standing again I kept doing it. The tub or shower is on my right when standing there so on the wall of each I have a good strong grip I hold while standing there. Here's the antidote William that was the old house I would sit as we had upgraded to an elongated bowl and higher seat it wasn't a bad up and down. The two baths in this new house have regular round bowls and are so low they might be fit for a young child. Even April who has to always sit can't sand them and knows how they challenge me. There was a back up like everything but two upgrades shipped today and our "guy" will install them when they arrive and haul the old away. 

Actually Wil, when I first moved into this home built in 56' they had those low-riders in both bathrooms. Maybe Hobbits lived here prior. I installed the higher elongated bowl in the master bath when I remodeled but the guest bathroom still has the Hobbit bowl. I have a split floor plan and my wife took up one of the spare bedrooms and likes using it. I'm in the master bedroom on the other side of the house. We decided that we would sleep better without my tossing and turning trying to get comfortable, if we split up rooms. I ended up getting and fully reclining office chair w/foot rest to sleep in. I cannot get comfortable sleeping flat in a bed anymore. I've been a chair goer now for a couple of years. I sleep so much better. It seems we always find that work-around to make things happen!

14 hours ago, will2 said:

Actually Wil, when I first moved into this home built in 56' they had those low-riders in both bathrooms. Maybe Hobbits lived here prior. I installed the higher elongated bowl in the master bath when I remodeled but the guest bathroom still has the Hobbit bowl. I have a split floor plan and my wife took up one of the spare bedrooms and likes using it. I'm in the master bedroom on the other side of the house. We decided that we would sleep better without my tossing and turning trying to get comfortable, if we split up rooms. I ended up getting and fully reclining office chair w/foot rest to sleep in. I cannot get comfortable sleeping flat in a bed anymore. I've been a chair goer now for a couple of years. I sleep so much better. It seems we always find that work-around to make things happen!

That's our special skill now I think, learning how to work around things and work out a useable solution. I will email the article I just read about the benefits of sleeping separate. Forget the stigma. We do in the new home and I have the luxury of the hall bath steps away and we both are better rested usually😴.  

Man! Toilet humour!!

Totally get the struggles...we are in the process of upgrading the bathroom and first thing is a higher toilet and bidet.  

Trying to turn to wipe is not the funnest thing ever, then I seem to have back pain for a little while after.

Wayne and I still sleep in the same room, same 'bed' but we've just upgraded to what's called Long Single beds. Put together they make a king size. 

Separate bottom sheets but one top sheet and blanket. 

We are both sleeping better, but I think eventually we will go the twin bed road, as the rugs are too heavy for me to pull up and make the bed in the mornings. 

The bed bases also adjust, you know, can have the head end raised. Sooo much better for my reflux!

💚👑😘

8 hours ago, Willis said:

That's our special skill now I think, learning how to work around things and work out a useable solution. I will email the article I just read about the benefits of sleeping separate. Forget the stigma. We do in the new home and I have the luxury of the hall bath steps away and we both are better rested usually😴.  

Thanks Wil, received the article and read thru. A good read. The wife and I thought that having purchased a Sleep Number bed with the separate individual adjustments for each side would help with the toss-n-turn issue, it would still keep me awake because I couldn't get comfortable and I'd often be up and about trying to occupy my time till the fatigue would overcome my restlessness. Since the wife was still working at her job at the time it wasn't fair to disturb her needed rest before work. So sleeping apart was a simple solution in the short of it. Eventually I discovered that I actually slept better in a good comfortable chair that I purchased  was the ticket for me. Nothing has changed in our relationship though, and if anything like the article mentioned, we're both improving our sleep and makes for better exchanges in the morning because of feeling more refreshed. Good sleep=happy home:2thumbs:

4 hours ago, will2 said:

Thanks Wil, received the article and read thru. A good read. The wife and I thought that having purchased a Sleep Number bed with the separate individual adjustments for each side would help with the toss-n-turn issue, it would still keep me awake because I couldn't get comfortable and I'd often be up and about trying to occupy my time till the fatigue would overcome my restlessness. Since the wife was still working at her job at the time it wasn't fair to disturb her needed rest before work. So sleeping apart was a simple solution in the short of it. Eventually I discovered that I actually slept better in a good comfortable chair that I purchased  was the ticket for me. Nothing has changed in our relationship though, and if anything like the article mentioned, we're both improving our sleep and makes for better exchanges in the morning because of feeling more refreshed. Good sleep=happy home:2thumbs:

Yep well rested and still a typical (I assume) senior marriage lol. I know, same on the comfort thing and being restless keeping a partner awake also. It all makes so much more sense than giving a crap when someone might ask in shock "You 2 don't sleep together"? It really is quite common.  🤗

Sleeping in same bed, separate beds, separate rooms...no one's business but our own!!

Being younger, Wayne's mates were giving him heaps about separate mattresses!!

I don't know why other people feel they can judge when they don't understand the reasons why decisions were made.

💚👑

2 hours ago, GreenQueen said:

Sleeping in same bed, separate beds, separate rooms...no one's business but our own!!

Being younger, Wayne's mates were giving him heaps about separate mattresses!!

I don't know why other people feel they can judge when they don't understand the reasons why decisions were made.

💚👑

Yep and often those comments and judgements are coming from blokes (how's that for speaking Australian?) who have failed at any kind of real friendship with another. 👫