yep that loss of trust in others is super sad, but it's also sort of inevitable, and it's not that we don't really trust people but many people are carrying the virus without knowing they are and that means it could be anywhere we go.  Our "freedom day" is Friday and intellectually I know that means it's going to get worse before it gets better, so I'm not sure how I feel about it, our freedom day does not remove the mask mandate, it just loosens the travel restrictions and allows us to have visitors to home again (in limited numbers)

Hang in there Kelli and keep looking after yourself and others.

I went out to two events on Tuesday, a lunch with the Craft group and the first Lions dinner since June. I did have to think about it for a while before I decided to go. I enjoyed both events and decided that was what I would see as a new freedom to move through the community. Yes there is a risk but it is small steps and a slow emergence from a long isolation. BUT I won't be going into crowds, large enclosed arenas, crowded areas etc. A lunch with people I know, who I know to  be vaccinated, is scary enough.

Kelli we watched America fall apart from the safety of our living rooms.

While our initial lockdown seemed harsh, we are glad for it. Here in WA we've had freedoms almost like no other.

Now that you guys are heading into winter,  I hope that whatever strategies are in place keep you safe.

💚👑

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/21/2021 at 11:48 PM, Willis said:

Sitting here in the good old USA my confidence in most here doing the right things is low to say the least.

Gonna be the same here, Willis.

We've got no cases at all in WA, and when we do they are usually people off ships or overseas return travellers. 

When we open borders, no one will know what to do! No such thing as social distancing etc here.  Which is nice, but it will be hard to adapt. 

💚👑

We are allowed out into the regions now so people are put and about seeing country towns instead of driving interstate. It is good for the country economy and hopefully will continue when the other states open up again. It's good to have that advantage but until people are sure it is safe to be doing what they normally would do life won't change a lot.

As someone who's been living in one of those little country towns for the last 5 months. Its pretty scary having all the tourists back, and taking over our local cafes etc. I know we are mostly vaccinated but you still worry about catching IT. Especially as I'm now on a weekly testing regime so I can continue to access rehab. I'm not against opening up, it has to be done but the safety bubble is broken, so it's a bit confronting to see so many strangers wandering around "town"