what is wrong with me?

mische

i was dating this guy before strokeand a few time after, heb said he's freaked out about everything... i told him to take it or leave it... did i do the right thing?

HI I'M NEW HERE STR5 MONTH STROK E SURVIVR i TOO WAS DATING BEFORE MY STROKE AND HE FREAKED A LITTLE TOO BUT WE'RE NOW THE GREATEST OF FRIENDS HE ACTUALLY HAS BEEN THERE FOR MRE WHEN EVERYONE ELSE DESERTED. PEOPLE DEAL DEAL WITH TRAGEDIESDIFFERENT I'M SURE THERE'S SOMEWHERE HHE COULD FIT INTO YOUR LIFE MYBE NOT EXACTLY WHERE HE WAS BUT JUST LIKE YOU DIDN'T WANT HIM TPO GIVE UP ON YOU I SAY DON'T GIVE OF UP ON HIM JUST MY OPINION.

DOESN'T MEAN IT'S A GOOD ONE

JULIE

Right now your main priority is YOU. and getting well and working on recovery. I think it's mainly on how you feel.. if you want the relationship to work.. how much feeling you have for each other. If the relationship was going somewhere ....

Recovery from stroke is a LONG SLOW road and requires a lot of energy, and patience.

If the relationship was a strong one then it may take some time for him to adjust.. he may be frightened or not know how to deal with it right now..

You are working on recovery and adjusting to your situuation, the first year is definately the hardest..

You will go through many periods of emotion yourself... anger, frustration, acceptance and using the energy you have for working on recovery.

It depends on wether you want this man in your life and how supporitive he will be.... but only you know the answeres in your heart and what is best for you.

Best wishes Bonnie

i was dating this guy before strokeand a few time after, heb said he's freaked out about everything... i told him to take it or leave it... did i do the right thing?

At least he's being honest I'm sure you yourself have challenges indealing eith what has happened to you Don't think it's the time to push peaple away may just end up being too isolated at the end of the day. but alll in all only you can determine his what his presence in you life means to you. :forgive_me?:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Janeybee

:cheer: Well done girl! you willbe fine! it's a sad fact that the one person you think u can rely on post- stroke

turns out to be the person who you cant! My ex found the feeling of "control" very powerful.. it killed our marriage dead! and despite his reassurances, i became tottally undesirable it seemed.. completely destroyed my self esteem and confidence. im not goingto tellyou its easybeing single again as a disabled person.. cos it isnt, but.. its better than being controlled................!

I'm getting back tomy normal(woteva that was) self, finding my feet and startingto look for new relationships on my term, no one elses!

if i can do it so canyou!

BE HAPPY!

• 1 month later...
Surrounding yourself with life affirming, positive, understanding people is the best thing for any stroke survivor. I know that I benefitted from family, friends, and colleagues who understood my situation. They responded with kindness and sympathy. To me, that's the hallmark of any relationship. I met my boyfriend after my stroke, and he's been 100% behind me. :cloud9:

Archived