Circumstances

GreenQueen

So I've finally watched this show, Rectify.

Really, really enjoyed it.

Last episode, four ex prisoners are debriefing, one of them says something along these lines:

If you don't like your circumstances, change them.

If you can't, change how you view them.

Isn't that an awesome way to look at being a stroke survivor?

💚👑

YES I like that kind of stuff and those sayings. I have seen it said so many ways and they are all very helpful. I shared your comments about being a couple now as opposed to before our strokes with April, my wife. We both could relate to my feeling with your description. Thanks for that. I don't think we get that show in the US but with streaming. these days I guess everything is available one way or another.

Yep its all in how you decide to approach stuff.  Not saying it doesn't suck or is always easy to do.  But choosing to be happy is a real thing and it makes a big difference to your mental health.  As stroke survivors we have experience in the ability to rewire our brains so why not use that for mental stuff as well as physical.

• 2 weeks later...

A wonderful way of thinking! Trust me it is much simpler to see, feel, grieve all the negatives but I know I have reaped the positves from opening your eyes, heart and head to your current circumstances and see/feel what you can get from that (the positive, new blessings you may have never paid attention to, the choice to find the joy).

I am so much better at slowing down to smell the roses as they say.

On 11/30/2021 at 5:59 PM, heathber said:

Yep its all in how you decide to approach stuff.  Not saying it doesn't suck or is always easy to do.  But choosing to be happy is a real thing and it makes a big difference to your mental health.  As stroke survivors we have experience in the ability to rewire our brains so why not use that for mental stuff as well as physical.

❤️

On 12/10/2021 at 5:11 PM, HostTracy said:

A wonderful way of thinking! Trust me it is much simpler to see, feel, grieve all the negatives but I know I have reaped the positves from opening your eyes, heart and head to your current circumstances and see/feel what you can get from that (the positive, new blessings you may have never paid attention to, the choice to find the joy).

😍

• 4 weeks later...

Tracy I'm so glad you are smelling the roses!!

You are so right, it's easier to see the negative, and sometimes I definitely still do. 

I never feel better when people say that someone is always worse off. 

That makes me feel bad for feeling down.

Looking on the bright side lifts my whole day.

Willis: there's two amazing Aussies in the show Rectify. If you can find it, it's a great show. On Stan here.

💚👑