COVID

Madade

true Sue and long Covid is still a possibility even if you only get mild symptoms especially for the children who haven't been vaccinated. This thing is going to have some very long implications for everyone's health and our hospitals etc.

No local cases we know of but I nearly sneezed while in a supermarket the other day and had to take extreme measures to muffle it rather than cause a panic.

Deigh

Ha-ha, well kind of ha-ha I guess. Yes you could have created a dangerous stampede to get out of the store had that sneeze got out. 😅  It amazes me here in the States how many different approaches people take in dealing with this. Sadly it's comical at times if that makes sense. Take care friend in New Zealand! This almost 72 year old in hoping to wish you a happy 100th someday.  

• 1 year later...

Had all he injections but covid caught up with my wife and I at the same time but were both different. I had long covid and I think I'm at last through it. It was pretty uncomfortable and just kept coming back every few days. For the last week I've felt good and am having to take care not to overdo things. Masks are seen only rarely here in New Zealand and there is no compulsion to wearing them.

Deigh

Tough go your having with that Deigh.  So good to hear that you're hopefully over it though.  

What is the secret to not over doing it?

Masking mandate has been lifted everywhere including hospitals.  It's up to the individual as to whether to mask or not.

The news still reports deaths due to the covid virus.  Last week there were 3 covid related deaths.   I'm not sure of the details of that data though. 

Funny Face Masks With a Sense of Humor | The Healthy

I still haven’t worked out how to not overdo it. And its been 13 years now since my stroke. I appear to be a unicorn, so far I haven’t caught covid. But saying that, probably means I’ll get it tomorrow.  Only place masks are still seen regularly here is healthcare and supermarket checkout staff. I still wear a mask in lifts and when shopping but very few others do. 

Take care Deigh, hope you’re feeling more yourself soon.

Heather

• 3 weeks later...

We've all had covid.

It was awful.

I'm not well at the moment, but with nothing. 

Headaches, tiredness and occasional sniff.

Tested for covid but negative.

💚👑

• 2 months later...
On 5/25/2023 at 9:47 PM, heathber said:

I still haven’t worked out how to not overdo it. 

Heather

Heather I think I have this thing under control, sleeping well, routine going well, doing things that I want to do...

BAM!!

One thing, one tiny thing, and it's all over red rover.

It doesn't take much at all to upset the apple cart.

Trouble is, it's not just fixing that one little thing means a total restart

👑💚

I believe there has been a bit of a re-surge of covid here in NZ so am keeping my masks for use whenever I feel threatened. Public shows are starting to re-commence and next week we will have the 'Age Concern' show where all us pensioners and people with disabilities can wander around and pick up hints, advice and free pens with large bodies for extra grip. I will wear my mask to that and grab enough pens to do my crosswords with for the next year!

Deigh

Sue, school holidays are the worst, for so many reasons!

Mainly because kids don't care about walking in front of me when I'm using my wheelchair or walking stick. 

Not frustrating as such, but more a stumbling hazard.

The local nursing home, getting back on track, is in lockdown as they have had 7 covid cases.

Take care everyone. 

💚👑