New panic request

Found this message in the stroke chat opening room today, hope someone of importance has noticed it and working on the problem........

ysteriousNewbie 1d
Hello, can someone please help? Trying to get hubby registered as a new user but the form always rejects the submission, saying "there was a problem." He filled out the contact form to try to get assistance and there has been no reply. We are technical people and have tried on latest Chrome and Firefox to no avail. This has been going on for several weeks. He is terribly depressed and it would help him a great deal to engage with other stroke survivors. Thank you, Lisa
MysteriousNewbie 1d
P.S. I am sending this request on his behalf because he has trouble typing.

Deigh

Yep Jannelle, there is something seriously wrong with the site, despite 2000 new stroke cases a day in USA we havnt had a newcomer since late December! I'm very reliant on the site for my wellbeing and would hate to see it vanish into the ether. I  use the chat group regularly and am surprised you havn't found your way onto it. Perhaps the time is inconvenient for  Oz.

I also make a point of throwing something into this forum regularly just to keep it a bit alive. Call it a finger variation of mouth to mouth resuscitation!

Deigh

So sad to see people try and reach out on here to only get nothing.  I sense that no one is monitoring the site daily.  You are right with the memberships, not much really happening.  

All since Steve passed.  

Heather, I've kept in contact with Keli regularly and have put in my ideas on how to improve the sites performance. That is as far as I can go.

I'm not getting notifications from this site nowadays, I dont know whether this is the sites or my own computers fault.

The chat forum seems to be working as well as I've known it. Occasionally we have a full house there and when that happens you cant hear yourself type!

Deigh

On 2/28/2022 at 7:12 AM, Deigh said:

Yep Jannelle, there is something seriously wrong with the site, despite 2000 new stroke cases a day in USA we havnt had a newcomer since late December! I'm very reliant on the site for my wellbeing and would hate to see it vanish into the ether. I  use the chat group regularly and am surprised you havn't found your way onto it. Perhaps the time is inconvenient for  Oz.

I also make a point of throwing something into this forum regularly just to keep it a bit alive. Call it a finger variation of mouth to mouth resuscitation!

Deigh

Have not received confirmation emails at two email addresses and message not replied too. Thought registration had been rejected until I read this, have canceled account previously, now have signed out and used non existent email. If this post goes though, could a message be left here, thankyou.

Deigh this site is run by volunteers. As far as I know it is still funded by Steve Mallory's family. I don't know if any of the volunteers have a lot of knowledge of how the site works. I have been on here a long time as a chat host and blog monitor but the rest of the workings of the site are a mystery to me. We do need younger people with a knowledge of IT to volunteer on here. Maybe then they could explain how to register to people who have a problem with doing that. But anyone can answer a cry for help that is posted on this site. All you need for that is a knowledge of human nature and experience of stroke as a stroke survivor or caregiver.

I agree Sue :

If any one of you know technical side then please help out since the site is run by volunteers, I  don't have this kind if IT knowledge to help debug the issue, so I volunter here as chathost   & as a member, I think same with Kelli she along with volunteering here working so won't have time to monitor. I think sometimes instead of just sitting in sidelines & giving suggestions its better to jump in & help out more as a volunteer. advise & suggestions are easy.

Asha

On 3/3/2022 at 12:52 AM, Tricho said:

Have not received confirmation emails at two email addresses and message not replied too. Thought registration had been rejected until I read this, have canceled account previously, now have signed out and used non existent email. If this post goes though, could a message be left here, thankyou.

I apologize for that. We are aware of an issue with our email system. We have had a work order with our IT department. Again, I'm truly sorry 

Kelli honestly thanks for giving this your attention. FVERYONE here to a person understands how just getting through a simple day can be exhausting let alone taking on things like this. Much appreciated!  😘

Yep Willis, I also would like to thank Keli for working on this. We seem to have a few problems with the site at this time which could explain why we are not getting new members joining us. For instance I'm not getting notifications via E-mail when someone adds to a message of mine. I don't  know whether its my computer or the site that  is at fault!

Deigh

31 minutes ago, Deigh said:

Yep Willis, I also would like to thank Keli for working on this. We seem to have a few problems with the site at this time which could explain why we are not getting new members joining us. For instance I'm not getting notifications via E-mail when someone adds to a message of mine. I don't  know whether its my computer or the site that  is at fault!

Deigh

The entire email system is all wonky.   Sending, receiving, registration. All we see on this end is register still has to verify the email… I would re-send it and was unaware it wasn't going through or coming through. Steve had all of this running like a sailboat and normally took care of all of this, so I don't have the access that he had. Missy, his wife, can find some, but she and I have no way to find how he did it. We are trying our best,  and thank you all for understanding.

Kelli it is so hard to take over someone else's role. It's hard when they are still around to ask how did you do this, and even harder when they aren't available to ask 🙂 We thank you and Missy for doing your best to keep the site running as Steve would have wanted. (((HUGS)))

Thanks to all the volunteers on here and to those who keep the site going. I was one of the early beneficiaries of the wealth of wisdom on this site. Long may it continue to serve the community.

5 hours ago, heathber said:

Kelli it is so hard to take over someone else's role. It's hard when they are still around to ask how did you do this, and even harder when they aren't available to ask 🙂 We thank you and Missy for doing your best to keep the site running as Steve would have wanted. (((HUGS)))

Love you heathber!!

1 hour ago, swilkinson said:

Thanks to all the volunteers on here and to those who keep the site going. I was one of the early beneficiaries of the wealth of wisdom on this site. Long may it continue to serve the community.

💖

9 hours ago, Deigh said:

Deigh

👍

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2022 at 8:55 AM, Willis said:

👌 Here in Indiana!

Willis! All this time I have had you in Florida?

💚👑

• 1 year later...

There doesn't seem to be anyone in charge of approving new members. I don't have the authority as I am just the  Blog Moderator, a low woman on the totem pole. Old members can get in by changing their passwords, but new members don't seem to be able to join. If someone can contact Kelli Smith off this site she may be able to help.