April showers made a flood….

ksmith

So April normally is my favorite month for it’s my birthday month. I had two outpatient procedures done, in as many days, that kept me down and out.  Good new is the biopsies came back negative for new growths. So plus.. then on the 21st, my parents and I went to North Carolina to surprise my twin sister for an early birthday. On the 26, she turned 48 and I turned 30…..for the 18th time. lol. We returned on the 24 and on the 25 I went back to work. I had a migraine on the trip back ( Sunday) but I was looking at my tablet for about 9 hours and allergies. Felt good Monday and Tuesday ,  with the exception of diarrhea that night but I get that way when I eat foods I’m not supposed to eat and the duration of the trip, I could barely eat. Let me explain- Went to Crackle Barrel for breakfast and out of the ENTIRE menu due to my food allergies ( gluten,soy and dairy) I was able to eat a side salad with a side of bacon. So the whole time there, I ate salads. I mean they are good for you but geesh.It is what it is. So when I came home I went crazy and ate food again.I normally get Oak allergies and I had the right on schedule….spring 

Thursday morning I got a phone call from my supervisor that my co worked tested positive with Covid. So I took my the home test kit, given by the CDC , and before the 15 mins were up..POSITIVE. Took another one and same. So my supervisor said that day 0 was Monday. So she assumes I got it from her or me to her but, no one really can be sure. On the12th,  I had a Covid test for my procedure( negative) and she had to take her test ( for work this past Saturday) and she was negative. I take all the precautions, mask, washing hands,etc..and still. It happens ,I know but I’m not returning to work this Sunday for I don’t know when I was infected or exposed. I work in a group home and even through I am vaccinated and a booster, I’m not going to chance it. The CDC says 2-4 days before symptoms is when day 0 should be. I have no idea what symptoms would be my 0? Am I being a little to worried? No. I tested positive on Thursday and that’s when I started experiencing symptoms. One can’t assume that my headache was Covid when I have vision problems anyway. Yes, I have allergies but who’s to know. My vertigo is really bad due to me nose and ears clogged. I’m exhausted.  I still have my smell and taste. Some people can function when not feeling well but I am not one of those people. I have so many things damaged in my brain that a change in the weather effects me.I have a telemedicine appointment on Monday with my doctor but I’m sorry if my supervisor has to work all the time. I’m sorry that 6 individuals, in another program, tested positive. Thankfully my parents and my sister were negative. My guy came over Tuesday and the Wednesday to….today I mean we’re quarantine together for he was here and didn’t want to be around his family with out knowing. He’s not vaccinated. 

I’m just glad that it’s not as bad as so have had. 

Am I wrong for not wanting to work sick? I mean, before my stroke, working while not feeling well was doable but now, not so much and it’s hard to try to explain that to “ non-stroke “ people. My supervisor has to cover the shifts that my coworker and I are missing. I’m not going to come back because you don’t want to work as much. Yes working a lot does suck but……..

wow, that was some report you gave us there. I've had a near permanent headache for the last few weeks and was overjoyed when a brain scan early this week showed that there was no malignant growth to blame. Home tests for Covid showed that I was clear and now we are a search for a solution to the problem which is high blood pressure.

Take care, there are not many of us left you know!

Deigh

Wow Kelli, I can relate to the eating salads with all my allergies, and some of your other problems. I remember going to work with sinus headaches because there was school holidays and we were short staffed. But I didn't have the post stroke side effects as you do. Hope you feel better soon and can feel comfortable with life again.

Hi Kelli, they are warning us here that headache, and gastro type symptoms need to be considered covid symptoms. So you 're right you can't say when you became symptomatic with Covid.  As for working while you're sick. If you push too hard (i.e. work) you'll only be sick for longer so don't feel guilty about not going to work. You'll just be ill for longer and more likely to give it to others.

That's been one of the good side effects of Covid here, no one with even a sniffle goes to work and it's just expected. So if you have the sneezing allergies like I have at the moment you get dirty looks wherever you go, even if you're wearing a mask.

Take care of you first, it's the only way you'll fully recover.