REQUEST FOR "OLDIES" AND "NEWBIES"

Guest hostmel

Guest hostmel

Hi -

I see some of the "oldies" come in and post to questions and wonder how you've been and would like to ask you to post a quick update in a blog or as a reply here just to let us know how your are - WE Miss YOU!!!

And "Newbies" that come in and hang out a lot for a while and then disappear for a while - this aplies to you too! WE MISS YOU, WORRY ABOUT YOU, AND WONDER HOW YOU ARE - please let us know :) :hug:

Thanks

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm alive, not well, but above ground so what can I say, I'm here and I'm home! Most of the time I'm in and out slowly.

But then, sometimes I'm so fast you don't know I been here. :out_of_here:

I guess at at the ripe old ahe of 35, and by being on the site for 4 years that would make me an "oldie", but as to how I am I'm doing good, returned to work full time this past June, after being off work for 3 years, but I still try to come on here at least once a day after work to check on my friends.

God Bless you all!

Tom

I am doing good. I am able to make myself understood all the time.

I am traveling to Dallas, Florida, Atlantic City, Las Vegas, etc. much of the time. When you're traveling you don't have to talk much.

Hi Mel; I guess I'm somewhere in between, I moved from the beaches of So. California to the deserts of Arizona, because I thought it would be cheaper to live, Ha Ha the joke was on me. between getting new doctors, tests and physical therapy. I'm pretty busy right now, but I still check out the site, every day if I can. I wish everyone well. Steve H. :beer: :party:

I STILL POST FROM TIME TO TIME, BUT MY SPOUSE DIED JANUARY 28TH SO I'VE BEEN A LITTLE DOWN LATELY. WE'D ONLY BEEN MARRIED 17 MONTHS, SO I MISS HIM LOTS. AS FOR ME I SEEM TO BE DOING OK. I LIVE ALONE, BUT I DRIVE, PAINT, READ AND I'M KEEPING BUSY UNPACKING BOXES BECAUSE WE HAD JUST MOVED TO A NEW TOWNHOUSE. IT'S A SLOW PROCESS, BUT I'M GETTING THERE. <_<

Glaidice,

I'm glad HostMel started this topic or I wouldn't have known your spouse had passed on the 28th of January. I don't want to hi-jack her topic, but you have my condolences and keep in touch. You are still family you know.

• 5 weeks later...

:big_grin: :D Hi everyone

Yup, I am around too !!!

Gladice....I am sorry for your loss .... I can relate too, as I lost my husband just over a yr ago, and we were only married 7 months when he died... And you know the funny side of his death was his best friend ran away with his insurance money...some friend , huh ?

Well anyway .... Back to the topic at hand !!! I am checking in and saying a big HI :big_grin:

CLAIRE

Hi All,

I am still around. Usually come by every day to check out the latest posts. I guess I am what you would call a lurker as I do not post much. I have been busy working on my new 64 thunderbird convertible, or as much as I can do.

Hank :big_grin:

I am still around. I usually log in here twice a day to read the new posts. However, I don't post much either so I guess that qualifies me for "lurker" status as well. :big_grin:

Larry

Hi I'm doing well,We have moved to a house with pool and hot tub , I fell on snow andice broke elbow and shoulder, starting new volunteer job in April , looking forward to summer. Also adopted a beagle mix dogand 2 cats from Humane society

Kent

don't think you were referring to me but my big mouth is here every day, nice to see some of the oldies, though, especially the ones helping out with animals needing homes, that is the best news of all. i wish i could give them all a new home, i love them all.

hostkimmie

i signed up in december, then lost internet until about a week ago, had series of strokes during the night on 3/12/06 still have lots of problems with left side, getting back some of the mental facillities, started driving so feel like i am progressing. i am on ss disabilty, :yadayada: :yadayada: i am on almost every day, and just jump in some of the time. :yadayada:

• 2 weeks later...

hey hey every one, god, the time for me just pass's last month on the 28th made it 4 yrs post stoke still alive and kicking every week is the same ole same ole work/come home but i am planning a trip to upstate n.y for a reunion good thing i-81 is a sraight run from va. get lost? hope not lol not going alone tho 2 daughters and 1 of there boyfriends just hate the 10 hr drive :yukyukyuk: ya'll take care

Exroofer

Don't want to steal thread but wanted to congratulate you on the 4 year mark. Here's to many, many, many more :beer:

P.S. Hope the reunion and your trip are great and safe.

Hello everyone..

I still stop by this site on occasion, when I have a functioning computer. It's been 7 yrs. since my stroke and I am still as ornery and stubborn as ever. I guess that I'm an example of someone who doesn't have the sense to stop trying.

I had to sell the motorcycle that I purchased when the state finally let me drive again after a couple of years. I decided that Goldwings are not the best rehab tools on the market! I should have bought a Harley. Anyhow... I now have some bolts in my left leg....but heck, it was my left side that was affected by the stroke, so I was limping anyway.

I also returned to school see if any portion of my intellect remained intact. I graduated and satisfied myself

although I'm still considered "disabled" and that just plain tick's me off. Folks have such screwed up perceptions of people with disabilities.. Heck I can do more with mt good side than a lot of "normal" folks.

I'm having a problem with the computer... I can't edit this post and the above sentence looks as though I lost my hooked on phonics book! Well......... I will try again later if the board is behaving better.

Yeah good to see so many "checking in" Hello to all.

I am still here.. have had a name change.. from host bonnie to bstockman (for some of the oldies..) and a new updated avatar from Steve. :)

I have been a looky-loo,sometimes adding to a thread.I just bought a scooter used,so I can get around campus for my plant i.d. class. For 2 hrs every week week go all over campus for lecture and specimen collection.I had been using a power wheelchair for this class.So I finally gave in.I was worried I might get too used to riding and wouldn't get better with my walking.I won a scholarship!I am pursuing a degree in horticulture,garden design with CAD skills,specificallly.I'm so excited!I will hit my 3 year mark on July 27, just about a month before my 49th birthday.

Best,

Mary

Chinese proverb You cannot prevent the birds of sorrow from flying over your head, but you can prevent them from building nests in your hair.

I have been a looky-loo,sometimes adding to a thread.I just bought a scooter used,so I can get around campus for my plant i.d. class. For 2 hrs every week week go all over campus for lecture and specimen collection.I had been using a power wheelchair for this class.So I finally gave in.I was worried I might get too used to riding and wouldn't get better with my walking.I won a scholarship!I am pursuing a degree in horticulture,garden design with CAD skills,specifically.I'm so excited!I will hit my 3 year mark on July 27, just about a month before my 49th birthday.

Best,

Mary

Chinese proverb You cannot prevent the birds of sorrow from flying over your head, but you can prevent them from building nests in your hair.

Hi folks

I am still here pop in when I can and read the posts, I work part time and look after my mum who is sick but try to get online when I can. I like to see how my friends are doing, and whats going on

Hi All,

I too haven't posted for a while, but do try and come on line at least once a week and lurk. I try and see how some of the other "oldies" are doing

I do feel guilty sometimes about not passing on any help I can offer. I find it hard to be reminded what the early days were like. I cant always put what i want to say in the correct words. Many other people are much better at that than me.

I am doing well apart from some minor "set backs" like fatigue and falling. I have gone back to part time work, running the house on my own as hubby is working abroad at the moment. So all in all life is relatively good. It didn't come easy tho. I put in a lot of hard work but it has paid off.

Four years this May, which coincides with our silver wedding anniversary.

Best wishes to all, thanks for being here at the beginning.

:cheer: :cheer:

Mary

Archived