California

smallory

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest furiawill

If you live in California reply to this message and post your town, city or county.

I LIVE IN SACRAMENTO STROKE WASDEC31,1997

WILL FURIA

• 4 weeks later...

If you live in California reply to this message and post your town, city or county.

I LIVE IN SACRAMENTO STROKE WASDEC31,1997

WILL FURIA

Frankie, San Diego CA

• 3 weeks later...

Gavin, my age is 35. Survivor since 08. I live in the Santa Clara, CA (SF Bayarea).

• 7 months later...

Long Beach, California

Joe, age 66. Survived two large strokes in March, 2010. Left side hemiplegia, but walking and doing more every day.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Idyllwild Cali here! We are a beautiful mountain community in Riverside county. We have several handi-capable resorts, bed and breakfasts, and a hotel here. We are seasonal tourist area (Spring and Summer) I wiould be happy to host a California and surrounding states, or any one that wants to come here. I have 1 extra bedroom but the other accomidations I mentioned are very reasonable especially off season but let me assure you there is nothing like being on a mountain with some snow. I am not talking feet here just a few inches every now and again.

Let me know if anyone is interested!

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone.  My name is Edwin and I live in Ukiah, CA and have lived here, off and on,  since the begining of 1973.  It is in beautiful Mendocino Co. about 2 hr's above San Francisco and 30 miles from the Coast.   There is no Stroke surport groups in my area and I would have to go down to the Bay Area to find one if I wanted to meet with another Stroke Survivor.  I would love to meet some of you ppl.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,
I live north of San Diego, inland a half hour. Now that the holidays are here, I see 2015 will mark a decade for me having survived a stroke. I'm 50 years old and I think it's time to talk to someone who, like myself, had a life at one time. If you can "relate" to having forged a new self, and if you want someone to see who you are today, then email me. (even if you can only type 3 words which are badly misspelled)

Edited by arogers
email address removed per board policies

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Mike, Sacramento

My wife's first stroke was in 2008. The next was in late 2014 and since the middle of January, this year, she has had ayt least six more.

• 3 weeks later...

hi

my name is bob, stroke almost 2 years ago now.  64 years young.  i live in socal, irvine.  would love to talk with locals

bob

• 1 month later...

Hi my name is Joseph I had my 3rd stroke on may 1, 2015 , some weakness on right side. Josephajones963 is my stroke net user name. Interested in meeting new people. Age 46.

• 1 month later...

I am a fresh stroke survivor 7/6/15. I live in constant fear of it happening again. They are not sure why and may never know so I live everyday not knowing will this be the day again. They say how lucky I am because I am already walking and doing things for myself but I don't feel so lucky. My right side is weaker and I have bad dizzy spells. Doctors say don't worry I feel this way and they expected me to be normal. I just want someone to talk to to help me understand and let me know it is normal to feel this way

I am a fresh stroke survivor 7/6/15. I live in constant fear of it happening again. They are not sure why and may never know so I live everyday not knowing will this be the day again. They say how lucky I am because I am already walking and doing things for myself but I don't feel so lucky. My right side is weaker and I have bad dizzy spells. Doctors say don't worry I feel this way and they expected me to be normal. I just want someone to talk to to help me understand and let me know it is normal to feel this way

your stroke is very very recent.  Your physical impacts from the stroke may be minimal.  Do not let the emotional impacts from the stroke weight you down.  Some fear of it occurring again is normal. Work with your PT person on strengthening your weak side and have your MD monitor those dizzy spells.

Even though I am about seven months out from my stroke, I still do not know its total impact of my body and brain functions

• 10 months later...
  • smallory unpinned this topic
  • 9 months later...

Oh my goodness,, please share you war stories and accomplishments

• ksmith pinned this topic