California

smallory

I'm in Richmond in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've had three strokes. The last one was January 30, 2004.

I'm Deborah Halnon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello! I am Walter (brain2005). I live in Sacramento, California and just love this town and State. I suffered a catastrophic bleeding stroke (hemorragic stroke) in September 2005. I would love to hear from other local survivors. Thank You!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Bob! I have made a note on my calendar and will meet you on the next local chat of Wednesdays at 5:00 PM. Thanks!

Hi folks,

I'm Bob, stroke survivor, 4/9/2006, and live near Sacramento.

greetings!

I'm Shirley and a survivor 1/23/06. I live in the city of Marina in the Monterey County area. My city is between the city of Salinas and the University of California Monterey Bay, which was once the former Army Military Base, Fort Ord and the first base to turn into a university when they had started all those base closures back in the 80's. Monterey is also home to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and the famous Cannery Row made popular by prize-winning author John Steinbeck.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am in Fresno, CA

Trying to get information and meet other people who have had a stroke in the Pons of their Brain as my 6yr old son has.

Thnx~ Charmaine

The beautiful Monterey Bay! Big Sur, Carmel, The Highlands, Pebble Beach, Pacific Grove, Marina, Salinas, et.c are all within Monterey County. Santa Cruz is also nearby and the city of Gilroy where The Famous Gilroy Garlic Festival is held. Home of The Monterey Bay Aquarium and also the street Cannery Row made famous by author, John Steinbeck. Monterey was also California's first capital way back in the day before Sacramento. There is so much history here in Monterey, the Mission is in Carmel (also where Clint Eastwood was once Mayor), Bing Crosby held the first tournament (now called A T & T ) at Pebble Beach, The military base, Fort Ord which was first base to turn into a university when Clinton was closing bases in the 80's. where singer/actor John Denver died when his plane crashed into the Bay, home of The Monterey Jazz Festival, Blues Festival and in 1968, The Monterey Pop Festival where Jimi Hendricks torched his guitar (famous act or stunt of his) and so, so much more. This place is awesome!

• 4 months later...

Hi there San Jose california 32years old stroke survivor as of october 6, 2007. If there are young members out there I would love to hear your stories of successes. I have returned pretty well I have regained my leg and walking and balance but have still hardly any movement in arm . Any tips or tricks I would love to hear.

That's so awesome Steve you are back playing the trumpet! Congrats! :Clap-Hands: Blow a note for us Californian Stroke Survivors and a jurrassic note for Strokenet!...Way Cool! :oohlala: ! :bouncing_off_wall: :gleam: :Jammin: :Jammin: :Jammin: :Jammin: :Jammin: :Jammin: :You-Rock: :Jammin: :Jammin: :Jammin: :Jammin: :Jammin: :Jammin:

• 2 months later...

Hi, Dave Stucker, Lake Forest (Orange County), CA. I also play trumpet, but can't at near the level I used to.

Recently layed off, so may not live here much longer.

• 3 months later...

:welcome: Welcome Tommy !! Glad you survived. Hugs, WALTER

i am julie- stroke hit me: 6/14/07- live in Kingsburg= 20 miles south of Fresno....i am 57 1/2 ! :) Thanks for asking+coordinating these replies! :) :laughbounce:

• 5 months later...

Wesley Heldenbrand;

SOCAL

Chula Vista (San Diego County)

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

My name is joe kwon, 74-year-old, 7 years post massive bleeding stroke.

Living in Pebble Beach, Ca.

Disable to use left arm and leg.

Only wish to be able to walk using cane half an hour with ease.

Going to try on Walkaide and power outdoor wheelchair for Medicare would cover the cost.

Good news for Monterey Peninsulans. CHoMP (Community Hospital of Monterey Peninsula)

will open a new Stroke Center in not so distant future.

I hope the Center utilize the new technology quite promising to help local stroke survivors such as the new way of treating our disability by using noninvasive electrical waves or something like that invented by Dr. Sawaki at the University of Kentucky and a clinical trial being done in three states currently using magnisium which I read today in this message board.

• 6 months later...