THE UNMISTAKABLE POWER OF BEING POSITIVE!!

hi fate, what an inspiration you are to me and others i am sure. everything happens for a reason. hard to understand that at first, when a stroke hits. but as most of us here know, you have to pick yourself up and begin again. sheer determination and love of life is what you need to recover, i think. i am so happy for you and your recovery, may god bless you further on your road to recovery. keep posting, yours are a joy to read.

hostkimmie

What a wonderful posting. I hope many read through this and glean inspiration from it.

I too played guitar, albeit a strummer, now and again. It's been a year for me since my stroke, and no right side movement still, but I keep praying one day I'll get movement back, so I can play again.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Heartfelt Greetings To All - -

I'd like to take a moment to speak with everyone that has something to do, in one way or another, with StrokeNet. I first became aware of StrokeNet in April of 2006. I was one year from being felled by a major stroke/MRSA Staph. I was fighting so hard to get a handle on everything that had happened. And my wife suggested trying to find a local Stroke Support Group and we quickly found there were none available in our area. We then turned our search to the internet. And lo and behold, here everybody was!! I was a year into a vigorous rehab program of my own, yet I didn't have answers to a whole lot of questions nor did I know where to turn. My guardian angel wife, who I still give credit to for knowing everything... :sleazy: ....admitted that she too was at a loss for some of the things I wanted to understand better. So I turned to the StrokeNet once we had found it. Admittedly I was scared and and thought the best thing I could do was to be quiet and follow others lead. I quickly read about problems that a lot of people just like me were having. I quickly found, however, that this was the place I could truly open up and speak what was in my mind and in my heart.

In the beginning I would spend hours upon hours upon hours....into EVERYBODY'S "business" :huh: . . I wanted to know everything NOW!! Perhaps the biggest revelation was that I was nowhere near being alone - - not by a long shot!! It is my nature not to be still, not to be quiet - - but to get involved, be a survivor, and yes, a warrior. I felt like any questions I asked, any discoveries I made, and any questions that were answered, were of benefit to everyone. I still operate on that premise today. I have learned that by opening up my heart a lot of folks can benefit. And so I do. And I know I always will. Those of you who know me, know that I don't have a "short" answer for anything!! :rolleyes: My postings tend to go on and on and it's because there's so much to know and I care.

I want to thank everybody with all my heart for the unbelievable kindness and tolerance that I have been shown here. When I read comments like:

"Your words come to life and breathe as they are read. Very moving, touching, and inspirational. Thank you."

....and all the other wonderful and heartfelt comments, I feel inspired and motivated to continue sharing my life and thoughts with everyone. I will continue to do so and I hope in the meantime I will forge friendships for life. Again, I am very deeply appreciative. Until next time, remember my motto - "A bad day is a gift and a good day is a treasure".......

Fate

hi fate, your posts give alot to others, please don't think they don't, you show determination, courage and strength and patience, which all is what is needed to beat the stroke demon. please keep posting to let us know how you are doing. you trully are an inspiration to many.

thankyou

k. anderson

Fate,

Although "fate" has brought us all together, I believe it was through a Divine intervention that we all landed here and have "become friends forever. I look forward to your future "sharings" as I am sure others will too. :D

Archived