Abusing Narocotics

Guest faithycan

Guest faithycan

Faith,

I feel you are doing the right thing in lettinng go, Lettting God take care of Tom. You are doing what you can for him and not ignoring his needs. Plus, you are taking care of your sobriety. Glad you found a sponsor. You can not force Tom into sobriety. As you know, it is a decision he needs to make.

What about an intervention? What's Tom going to do once the pain medications are depleted? Be safe Faith.

Morning,

I called his sponsor and let him know what was going on (he is also my friend) needless to say he was shocked and is calling him on some stuff tonight (step - meeting) but not letting on that I know. I got home from my step-meeting last night and tom informed me that he called the doctor (it was on another issue) and i said - why did you call the pain doctor and not the reg one? Of course I knew the answer - that ignorant doctor gave him another script for percoset - i was wondering why not the valium too - I found out later why - I figured it out - because tom told the doctor he was only taking an extra one a day - which is a lie - he should of had as of today 14 of each left, his script was to run out next Friday. His sponsor told me yesterday to keep him abreast of the situation and if he gets violent or belligerent and I am in danger - he is picking him up and going to detox - tom never told him about the cops being called 2 months ago or so when he was detoxing on oxycondin?(spell) anyways, i put a call into the doctor he is out until next thurs-asked if he was reachable and if he is gave him my cell number said it was urgent but not emergency and under no circumstance. is he to call the house. He was so out of it last night I am surprised the doctor didn't notice - another thing he probably cannot get it filled because it is too soon. I needed to pray and find out when enough is enough - this is my answer. Thanks all for listening and for all the imputs,

Faith

Faith,

Be careful Friend and be safe; glad his Sponsor is also involved and has committed to help you if things get rocky. Sad to say, but Tom really has the caginess of addiction down pat - are all members of the medical team aware of him being an addict( specifically the pain doc)?

Guest faithycan

Faith,

Be careful Friend and be safe; glad his Sponsor is also involved and has committed to help you if things get rocky. Sad to say, but Tom really has the caginess of addiction down pat - are all members of the medical team aware of him being an addict( specifically the pain doc)?

Thanks Donna,

I made a conscious decision to call his doctor today. He is unfortunately on vacation until next Thurs but his assistant called me back - guess what? her husband is an alcoholic - see no coincidences:) we talked for 20 minutes and she is making the doctor aware when he comes back. so if Tom asked if I talked to the doctor - :big_grin: I can honestly say no I did not! anways, I kept repeating - why would he give him pain meds if he knew he was an addict? She said probably because he was in pain - (pat answer) I said well he fell again last night and bumped his head. I also told her that he is going to end up dead if he keeps this up not just from the meds, but also from falling. He called me 2x today - sober as a judge and that is wonderful. Also his sponsor called me and said Tom wanted him to call him but he needed to know from me what was up. Everyone unfortunately or fortunately are finding out just how addicted he is to the meds. I also told the nurse that under no circumstances should they give him oxycondin - and explained why. All I know is that I give him up to the good Lord every day, and thank him at night and just keep moving forward into my recovery and away from the abyss.

Thanks for being here for me.

Faith

Archived