BLACK AND BLUE ALL OVER

INA

I HAVE BEEN ON 75MG OF PLAVIX AND 325MG OF ASPIRIN FOR PRBABLY ABOUT 11 YEARS SINCE SHORTLY AFTER MY HEART ATTACKS ALSO 400IU OF VIT E. I USED TO BRUISE PRETTY EASILY FROM THE PLAVIX BUT NOTHING LIKE THIS. AFTER MY STROKE I WAS TAKEN OFF THE VIT E. I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL FOR 10 DAYS AND AFTER I GOT HOME I NOTICED I AM GETTING BLACK AND BLUE IN PLACES I COULDN'T HAVE POSSIBLY BUNKED MYSELF . RIGHT NOW IF I HAD TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL THEY WOULD THINK I WAS A BATTERED WOMAN. HAS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCED THIS? I AM VERY CONCERNED. MY DOCTOR IS SENDING ME FOR BLOOD WORK.

Guest veggie.vampire

Not myself but my 77 year old mum has these a bit and was told it's another great thing about senior years :wacko: I seem to remember you're in your 60s? Sorry if I prematurely aged you! Worried us with mum and you're very right to investigate.

I was on Plavix and aspirin .. i bruised very easily. I teased my husband.. be nice or I'll say you beat me...

If you are bruising that badly though you should call the Dr and go in as soon as possible. They took me off the plavix after 6 months. I am on one regular aspirin daily.

Ina yes please go to your dr. I am on plavix 75mg and 1 children's aspirin 81.mg, and I get the buped type bruises just bigger have they been doing the bleed time test on you? Ithink is ptt. let us know we care and want you taken care of. :hug: :dribble: :D

Ina I'm curious. Was your stroke ischemic or hemorrhagic? That seems like a lot of blood thinners for such a long time. I could not tale a 325 mg. aspirin because I was so black and blue so I was put on 81 mg. of aspirin. After 11 years, I had a bleed. I did not have surgery but do not know if it was because the bleed had stopped the second time and did not start again or if it would have been too dangerous.

Do check as suggested.

hi ina, i too am on the same meds as you and have been for 5 years. i also get black and blue very easily and i understand your concern, but hopefully the blood work will provide you with some answers. i have a bleeding time done pretty regularly to check how my fast my blood is clotting. since i had a clot stroke, i figure a few bruises is worth not having another stroke. i hope your problems are resolved soon.

kanderson

I'm on Plavix and 81m of Aspirin as well but I don't bruise I'm only 56yrs., could it be a senior thing, or perhaps something affecting only women?

Stu

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE FEEDBACK. I AM GOING TO THE DR. ON TUESDAY MORNING AND WILL DEFINITELY ASK ABOUT GETTING A PTT. I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT. MY DIAGNOSIS WAS A CVA BUT I ALSO HAVE TO ASK WHAT THAT STANDS FOR. ANYONE KNOW? AT LEAST I KNOW I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE THOUGH I'M CERTAINLY NOT WISHING THIS ON ANYONE ELSE. I'LL LET YOU KNOW THE OUTCOME. IN THE MEANTIME KEEP ON PLUGGING AWAY. HAVE A GREAT DAY. :cheer:

Hi INA,

First, CVA - Cerebrovascular Accident - stroke

2nd, PTT - We know it as a "pro-time", a test to see how long it takes your blood to coagulate or clot

I've seen many people who's arms look like they have large bruises on them - men and women - while waiting for my husband to go in for his routine "pro-time". It appears to be more senior individuals and I've seen men and women with the discoloring. Bill occasionally gets little red spots called petechiae. It looks sort of like a small rash and is caused by capillaries in the skin bleeding. When I looked petechiae up I discovered the conditon purpura which look like large bruises, most frequently on the arms and hands of more elederly individuals. That condition seems to be due to fragile blood vessil walls ar fragile or skin becomes thin as it does in the elderly.

For more reading about these two conditions go to:

http://skin-care.health-cares.net/petechiae-purpura.php

There seem to be many reasons for both these conditions, but the point is, as others have said it is real good you are being checked!!

Take care,

i'm glad you are getting in to dr. will keep you in my prayers. :hug: :dribble: :happydance:

Our daughter Rachel is on Coumadin and Aspirin.She bruises very easily. She came home from the hospital last week from Gallbladder surgery bruised from head to toe because of all the needle sticks. Even the tape and bandaids bruised her. Good luck.

Archived