This Thursday (May 24th.) is the Big day

This Thursday (May 24th. ) is the big day. Hopefully I will pass it and regain my independance back. I'm not looking to go on long trips, I'd just like to be able to go to go visiting , or the supermarket without having to book handi transit two days prior.

So here I am trying to remain positive about this, but the pressure is getting tough to handle ( wish it was over already) so I could get back to living.

Stu

Stu,

I'm sure you'll be just fine. Where is that positive attitude I'm always seeing exuding from you. I can understand your fear - had you not clinched the other 2 tests, I would see reason for concern. My :2cents: says you'll be "cruisin" real soon. You'll be fine - just remember to breathe so your lips and face don't turn blue. :big_grin:

Wishing you the best.. You have been practicing, I am sure you will do fine. Like Donna says.. remember to breathe.. can't have you pass out during your driving test.. wouldn't be a good impression, and you might scare the heck out of the "tester"

You will have great thoughts with you... go out and have a few more practice drives before the test if you can.. :thumbup:

:cheer: You can do it. I'l be cheering for you. I have every confidence you'll pass and so should you. You can succeed. ROCK ON STU! :gleam:

I know you will do fine, this just made me remember when I took the driving test for my cdl to drive the big trucks, I was in a class that started out with about 50 students but by the end there was only about 20 left, when it came my turn the truck broke down and by the time the school was able to get another one there they said it was to late, the next day I finally got my turn, my tester got a good laugh when we climbed up in the cab, I am only 5 ft tall and had to use a big pillow to keep me up close to the front to be able to reach all the controls, yhe tester said the same thing happened to her when she had driven a truck for a short while before she joined the dmv,( yes I did pass the test) so yes definitely breathe, I hope you do well on the test and have a tester that treats you well. :dribble: :hug: :hiya:

hey stu, calm down, you will do fine, i am sure. say alittle prayer before you do the test and do the best you can, they can't ask for more than that. i will be thinking of you on that day.

best of luck and god bless, hang in there, all will be over soon.

kanderson

Hey Stu; I know you'll do just fine, just close your eyes and relax, say "I can do it, I will do it " and you will be just fine. Good Luck ! Steve H. :big_grin:

:yikes: try not to .look like this on your big day smile,good luck -youll do fine ima ,from chi-town

This Thursday (May 24th. ) is the big day. Hopefully I will pass it and regain my independance back. I'm not looking to go on long trips, I'd just like to be able to go to go visiting , or the supermarket without having to book handi transit two days prior.

So here I am trying to remain positive about this, but the pressure is getting tough to handle ( wish it was over already) so I could get back to living.

Stu

Update.

I missed getting it back by one point, ONE POINT !!! can you believe that? Atleast I passed the parallel parking so don't have to do that again.

The tester said I drove very well for a left side stroke, and that I must of really worked hard in rehab to get the right foot to work so well. I was pleased at hearing that, but not sure if he said that to soften the blow of failing ;)

Going back next week to take it again, now I know what I did wrong ( bad habits), so hopefully I can avoid it this time.

Stu

Stu,

Sorry about the outcome this time. Look at it as a trial run. And, like you said you don't have to do the parallel parking again. Parallel is difficult sometimes without having deficits. So, the celebration is pushed back a week :big_grin:

Like Donna said think of this as a practice test.. wow one point and now you know what you did.. And yes... the parallel parking is over.. still not my favorite thing to do...

Gooo Stu.

I'm still clapping :Clap-Hands: for you, still cheering :cheer: for you and you still ROCK! Stu. :gleam:

So, Stu...have you taken the retest yet? (waiting with baited breath to find out:)

I'm hoping to regain my independence soon also (this having to depend on others for everything is for the birds).

Ladibluej

So, Stu...have you taken the retest yet? (waiting with baited breath to find out:)

I'm hoping to regain my independence soon also (this having to depend on others for everything is for the birds).

Ladibluej

They book 60 days in advance, I've got an appointment for the 20th. of July at noon, unless a cancellation somes available. Gotta be patient :)

I started driving again last Monday. Ever happy even to going to the grocery again! You'll be a new man again Stu!

I know, just can't wait to be crusin again ;)

i echo what donna said. i cant wait to hear what i'm sure will be good news,because driving again soon is my goal.

ima from chi-town :big_grin:

way to go stu, keep thinking positive thoughts and you'll pass with flying colors. you are alot further than most of us on this driving issue. be proud of that.

kanderson

• 2 weeks later...

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Well I thought I'd share this with you.

I got a letter from the Deputy Registrar of Motor Vehicles for the Province of Manitoba that says "Based on the information from the reports obtained, you meet the requirements required to hold a Manitoba drivers LICENCE"

No further driver test will be required.

I stood in the kitchen with the letter and started to cry, damn I'm a big suck but to have my independence given back to me is a special gift.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Stu

Stu,

Wooooohhooooooooooooo!!!!!! :congrats: :thumbs up: :laughbounce: :monkeydance: :music_band: :worthy: :wtg:

In case ya didn't notice, I'm happy for you!!!!! :beer:

stu, how wonderful for you, congrats and wooooohoooooo. see how far you have come, you should be so proud of yourself, we all are. hey can i bum a ride from ya to go shopping in arizona. just a jot down the road...... we can pick up donna too. be safe now.

kanderson

Archived