Stroke Laugh

First, I did not where to put this posting on StokeNet. I closed my closed my eyes and pointed my finger and VIOLA! guess where it landed! :Clap-Hands:

Ok, I have looked at just about everyone's blog on here at StrokeNet and they are excellent! I am very big on advertising.... the more you advertise, the more you get noticed. The only I realized is that the only persons reading are "stroke-related" people. So why not go for a bigger audience?

Many of you all ready know, I have a blog called, Stroke Laugh. It can also see it at: http://dennytesting.blogspot.com/ This morning I added something to it... on the left side entitled "Blogs I Recommend" What I want to add are blogs by people in the stroke-related community.

I have one blog already listed: StrokeNet. That's when it popped into my head to list your blogs here on StrokeNet. Here's all you do.... reply to this posting with your name or handle and your blog address, and the name of your blog. That easy! I will in turn add it to the list... More people see it and hopfully clicked and come to your blog and that time see the StrokeNet blog... and then again hopfully maybe get a little more educted with stroke related articles. Even if you an a blog elsewhere you wanted listed as long it is stroke-related. No commercial blogs allowed.

If you have any questions, just ask. Never is a charge at all... totally free... repeating TOTALLY FREE. :yikes:

Any opinions? comments? :happydance:

Denny,

There is or was some sort of link in the blogs to have others link up to read the blog. Not sure if its still there. I don't blog often but I did today.

I think you have to sign in to Goggle to link into what you mentioned here or you don't have any yet.

OK, here it is:http://www.strokeboard.net/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=138&showentry=5892 I'm not up on all this stuff, hope this is right.

Denny,

This is an update 6/14/07, the blog name is Closed Doors.

Hi Fred...

No, that isn't want I mean. I will put your blog address in my line up. People see your blog name and click on that name and they will be brought to directly to your blog there.

as for me it is fine, hopefully it will help someone else, let me know if you need anything else from me. :hug: :dribble:

Hi Denny,

Mine is a "caregiver" blog, but if you'd like to add it, go ahead. Mine is entitled "Life as I See It"

Thanks for thinking about Strokenet!

Ann

Denny,

I made the change above in my first post to your topic.

http://www.strokeboard.net/index.php?autom...&showentry=5892 and here.

thanks denny, let me know if I need to do anything wqhen I update my blog, yippe, now we wqill all be famous :oohlala: :gleam: :hug: :dribble:

Denny,

Feel free to add my blog to your list. I don't know off hand what the link is, but I just blogged and it's under Betty Jean, Just Mindless Stuff. If you can't find it let me know what I can do to help.

Betty Jean

Guest thegoodlife

Hello:

I don't quite understand this but my blog is just :thegoodlife" blog. If there is anything else I need to do, tell me??????

Thanx,

Nancy

Hi Nancy!

Good as done! I would be able to advertise everyone's blog here on my blog... I put your blog name on my blog and then when people come to my blog, they will be able to click on your blog name and come it also. :big_grin:

Denny,

I think people are reading the blogs and looking around on strokenet for other information about strokes and care giving techniques. The guest count is way up in recent days.

Many people just don't know the common indicators of a stroke. I didn't and would have called 911 had I known when my arm went numb and could not stand up. As it was, I lay passed out on the floor for hours before my wife got home to call 911.

I've got a question for everyone... and I would like to encourage everyone to offer an opinion. I am going out on a limb here and saying that I hope everybody has even read my blog Stroke Laugh.

I have always been of this opinion that laughing at one's own self has been key to getting along in this life. After my 6th stroke I have come to the conclusion that I had a choice to make: I could sit and feel sorry for my self, making myself miserable and making everyone else around me miserable also.... OR try to me, my old self, and get on with my life with some reservations.

I received an email from someone (no one from here) and told me that I seemed to make fun of people with Strokes on my Stroke Laugh blog. Also that I should also take into consideration other people's feelings. I swear I am not making fun of ANYONE but myself and how I look at myself, understand?

You know the question I have.... what is your opinion? I want your honest opinion. Do I go overboard? :yadayada:

To be honest, I have not had a chance to read your blog - sorry, but of course I have an opinion. Let me start with a shocker. I once had a Dr. who when he'd mention having another stroke (probably that it wuld be bad) make a face like his face was drooping on one side. ) That is bad! That wasn't why I left him; he just had other faults and he probably wasn't a very good Dr. anyway.

If, you do not joke about something or make it clear that it is you, what's wrong? Your attitude is right where it should be. Pity parties get no one no where. Basically, I don't advertise that I've had a stroke although I do wear a lightening rod charm arond my neck 24/7. It is a symbol I earned. I was asked about it and said it was for TBI. well, a slight stretch on my part. When asked what that meant, a girl who I had told, said oh. One I had not told and is religious made some religious type remark which was ok. Someone asked if it could happen again and I said yes. Guess I should have said- to anyone.

So, I walk like a drunk, drop things (thankfully not breakable) and in general look like the biggest lush in the city. I refer to stroke support meetings as AA meetings and then say- no, not really. Some people would probably say that is wrong - but everyone knows what AA meetings are and going to them is 100% correct. Hopefully, they are the end result for people with that problem. I have a friend who gets calls all hours of the night that her son is in the hospital in critical condition and to come- (he's also on drugs). nfortunately, he is still going his merry way.

I'm going to go to your blog, but it won't make me feel any differently, I'm sure. You are not an outsider making the remark (as that Dr. was) you are a member of the group and yu know the problems. Those people who made the remarks need a life.

Long winded and opinionated Phyllis

Denny,

I for one, find humor very theraputic, plus we know who we are and what we can do based on our stroke. If we can't laugh and be glad to still be alive then we are feeling pity. Something we need to stay far away from in our minds and lives.

hi denny.

i for one agree with fred, laughing is good and makes the world go round. i think everyone laughs at themselves at one time or another, regardless of stroke or at least i do. i don't take it as offensive unless its done in a mean way. i can't help what happened to me and we all do the best we can with what we have. we don't look any different than a baby learning to walk or talk, and we chuckle at them at times, we are just bigger in size. if you can't laugh at yourself, who can. just my thoughts anyway.

Archived