Stroke Laugh

Hi Denny,

I enjoyed reading your blogs. You made light of something traumatic which probably kept you from going off the deep end. My stroke left me with left side paralysis, but my speech is okay. I am still able to carry on conversations, talk on the phone and share my humorous emails. I love to laugh. I've had a few minor ailments that required visits to my doctor. Once I told him that I could deal with the stroke, but it was all the other things that were getting me down. Having a positive attitude is the only way to go.

Keep blogging.

Vi

Hi Vi!

Thanks and I enjoy having you read my bogs! :D Sometimes, like this mornings article, sometimes I start running ahead of the story in my story... and I start laughing and I can't typing... lol

I for one enjoyed reading your blog, and I frequently poke fun of myself, like the day I took grandkids to school and stopped at mcdonslds on way home, and only then notice I had my shirt on backwards, well since then I've done it again only this time was to church, I just went in restroom and turned it around but I couldn't help laughing so then I had to share what I thought was so funny, and we all had a good laugh. you gotta laugh, after all the stroke has left me with the crying oroblem so it is nice to get a good laugh sometimes besides once you go through the hospital and can't even go pee or bath yourself without help, you lose the embaressment thing, no doubt the person who was ticked hadn't had a stroke, your good people by me. :roflmao:

Why not laugh at ourselves? I have friends who are survivors who don't get out very much and their only lifeline is the computer. We send jokes, emails, pictures, and alot of jabs at each other, if your friends can't take shots at you who can? I walk with a very slight balance problem, some ask me what's up with the cane, I say shouldn't have had the sixth margareta and the cane is the only thing keeping me off my face ( well something to that effect). So I laugh at myself all the time, just don't get me started about the emotion thing :)

Hey Stu...

Laugh, when you mentioned about the margaritas, I thought not too long go... I was in the supermarket and a guy why the cane... I said I was at a party last night and drunk too much. The cane was holded up so I wouldn't fall from the hang-over. lol I don't think he got the joke. oh well... :yukyukyuk:

Archived