Strkoke Victum or Stroke Survivor

I counted the replies, Survivors the most, Victims next with one not liking either saying.

My thoughts are if and when we are victimized by stroke, robbery, car wreck, cancer or whatever and we live, we survived, if we don't we are a fatality, dead as can be. We can be a hospital or doctor's patient including rehab at any time. :stretcher: Even on a stretcher!

WOW! Your response has gotten me to thinking. hemideb's thinking is right on. We are more than stroke anything! I was uncomfortable with using stroke victim or survivor. I am more than that. I am an writer, a friend, a husband, a father, an advisor, and the list goes on and on. Thanks hemideb!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I will say this, because I've said it all along. Every correspondence will bear witness to this as well.

If you are unfortunate enough, like most of us to be slammed by a stroke, then you are definitely a victim. If you are fortunate enough to survive the stroke, and the aftermath (in my case a very deadly staph infection), then yeah, you ARE a survivor.

If you are not content to be neither victim OR survivor, and you get up, and come back swingin’, with all you have, over and over again, and take what the good Lord has left you with, and absolutely drive on, then in my book, you are a WARRIOR !! What other folks wanna call you is so irrelevant.

Personally, I prayed so hard, and dug so deep into my own heart, that I far surpassed all expectations of my Doctors , family, friends, and even my self, as far as what kind of “comeback” I would make. My life is now deeper and sweeter than I ever thought possible. I am very thankful to all that would not give up on me. I am so very thankful to our dear sweet Lord, and I do take the time to pat my own back, for I know that I am truly a WARRIOR !!

Til next time -

Fate here....!

Archived