Recovery never stops!

smallory

• Founder and Owner

Yesterday was an exciting day for me. After more than 13 years, several of my face muscles started working; out of the blue! The left side of my face did not have voluntary movement. The right side returned after the first few years. I have always had reflexive muscle movement so if something funny happened I looked like I was smiling on purpose. Yesterday, I got the urge to move my face, on purpose, and it worked! It was very weak but definite movement. Today, it's much stronger. Hopefully, my facial muscles will keep getting better! After 13 years it just feels great to be able to move those muscles, again! :)

Don't ever think recovery has stopped!

Guest thegoodlife

:Clap-Hands: :Clap-Hands: :Clap-Hands: :Clap-Hands:

Now tell me why I feel like I am going 'downhill' :laughbounce: !!!!!!

U lucky guy---congrats!!!!!

Yeap, recovery does keep right on coming it surprises u to know that and experience it!!! My driving / sight came kinda like that.

Thx for sharing!

Nancy

Steve,

I'm so happy for you Oh Fearless Leader of Ours!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is terrific news - Congrats!!!!!! Not only is this site an inspiration but you are as well.

:happydance: :cloud9: I concur with everyone else, that is really great news! For me, I have observed when something wants to start working. It will just start working. Keep up the great progress.

DOUG

post-8488-1188955751_thumb.jpg

steve, what a great bit of news. i am so happy for you!! as your family must be also. recovery never stops, you are truly an inspiration to so many of us. if i was closer to you, i'd give you a huge (((((((( HUG))))). keep smiling and getting stronger.

Certainly something to smile about :big_grin: and very cool that you have the ability to do so!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

:congrats:

Steve,

That is great news :congrats: :You-Rock: :Clap-Hands: . As you said recovery never stops.

Hank

• Founder and Owner
Congrats from me too!

This oughta give extra hope to those that have been told by a doc that recovery stops after a year or so.

That's what i'm hoping, perry, and in fact, a couple more face muscles got feeling and some movement, just this morning! :bouncing_off_wall:

congratulations steve...awesome! I am 15 mo post stroke and have come a long way since the beginning and I know I'm not done. You give me hope that maybe I will be able to one day do some things I cannot. You are indeed an inspiration and must have the patience of Job! Leah

hi steve

Yhat's indeed great news.

I hope my thumb and wrist muscles heard that.

keep up the good work&god bless

love

anna

hi steve,

wow! i am so thrilled and inspired by your great news! i just read your bio and realized that you are our founding father -this site is a blessing . learning to use the computer has been great therapy and i have found the strength, courage and support of the members a resource that i am so grateful for. thank you, thank you!- cheers - kathy

SMILE even when............,congrats,what a blessing. Ima from chi-town

:laughbounce: CONGRATS - GOD is in the healing business and he's blessing you now. Very,VERY HAPPY FOR YOU. I HOPE TO ONE DAY TO WAKE UP AND BE HEALED - I TRULY THINK THAT WILL HAPPEN. YOU'RE INSPIRING.

Yesterday was an exciting day for me. After more than 13 years, several of my face muscles started working; out of the blue! The left side of my face did not have voluntary movement. The right side returned after the first few years. I have always had reflexive muscle movement so if something funny happened I looked like I was smiling on purpose. Yesterday, I got the urge to move my face, on purpose, and it worked! It was very weak but definite movement. Today, it's much stronger. Hopefully, my facial muscles will keep getting better! After 13 years it just feels great to be able to move those muscles, again! :)

Don't ever think recovery has stopped!

Dear Steve Thank You for a much needed shot of "Hope. The stroke I had was almost 6 months ago and took my left hand. I get very discouraged about the progress or lack of it, yet I do see little things, like this very week, for the first time I was able to grasp and hang onto one end of the towell and almost dry my back after a shower , so all I can say, is Yea!!! Team Way to go!!! Thanks, Susan

Archived