Recovery never stops!

smallory

Steve,

:happydance: I'm very happy and excited for you :happydance: !!!

You're right, recovery is an ongoing process and we should never give up. I tell my daughter Rachel that all the time.

I bet you're on :cloud9: !!!

:cheer: Who knows what tomorrow will bring :cheer:

Thanks for sharing your great news!!! :hug:

Way to go there Steve... who ever said and could believe that improvement is only for a year or so..I refuse to believe that ..My hubby had a very bad stroke due to a blocked carotid artery that left him with a lot of damage to his frontal and temporal lobes. This caused a lot of emotional problems,affected his ability to make the right decisions, organizational skills etc ... It is now 5 and a half years post stroke and he is still improving .. We continue to hope for more recovery still but are learning to live with what he has been able to recover as it is about 75% better than at the onset.. He is now thinking much better and able to remember a lot more too.. So keep up the good work and keep on smiling :D :D :happydance: :laughbounce:

God DOES work in mysterious ways, doesn't He???? I am thrilled for you and your family. My husband is 5 months into his stroke and is at a very angry stage in his life right now. When I visit him I give him updates from all aspects of my day (so as to include him in everything)--this is one bit of very good news that I can share with him this afternoon when I visit him in the rehab facility. God Bless you and yours. Louise

Isn't it funny how our body knows when there is even the slightess change? I cannot stop smiling? :big_grin:

You go right ahead and smile your face off, it's time for a celebration ( what am I saying, anytime is time :) It's terrific to hear about this milestone, remember to use the muscles everyday because you know what they say "use em or loose em", and who better to understand that than all of us. I'm so happy to hear about this, you certainly deserve it.

Steve,

Remember the old saying "Smile, and the world smiles with you; cry, and you cry alone." Believe me, the StrokeNet world is smiling with you. Congratulations!

Vi

• 4 weeks later...
Yesterday was an exciting day for me. After more than 13 years, several of my face muscles started working; out of the blue! The left side of my face did not have voluntary movement. The right side returned after the first few years. I have always had reflexive muscle movement so if something funny happened I looked like I was smiling on purpose. Yesterday, I got the urge to move my face, on purpose, and it worked! It was very weak but definite movement. Today, it's much stronger. Hopefully, my facial muscles will keep getting better! After 13 years it just feels great to be able to move those muscles, again! :)

Don't ever think recovery has stopped!

Yes recovery never stop. after my stroke i'm back on driving after 1 month, although loss in balance, still in the right side, hearing loss in the right side, during my confinement, i can't write, now i can, but not legibly as it used to be.. may be its on way of god is telling me to slow down. As of now, i resigned from being a manager. Accepted a low pay, less stress job.

• 4 weeks later...

YEA FOR U STEVE - I STILL FEEL TINGLING ON THR LEFT SIDE OF MY FACE, BUT NO ACTUAL FEELING TO TOUCH - YOUR EXPERIENCE CERTAINLY GIVES HOPE AND INSPIRATION TO ALL OF US. THANK U AND HOORAY.

Archived