Dreams

chofvander

Has anyone had an experience like mine? I had a seizure at the end of September and I was in intensive care for 4 days as a result I lost my speech, movement in my leg and arm. But after 6 weeks not only has my speech, my arm and leg movement has returned but now I am dreaming. I have not dreamed since my stroke 3

Welcome back Chuck!!!!

We've missed you and are happy you are feeling better:)

I haven't begun dreaming again prompted by a seizure if that's what you mean, but I only recently began dreaming or being aware of them again after 2 1/2 years.

Good to have you back, see we're still here

Maria :friends:

Hi All,

Bill is home and last night he was talking in his sleep! Now, this may seem weird to you - but he ALWAYS used to talk in his sleep and had not done so since his stroke in October 2004. Maybe it's the season, Chuck!! One thing he said was that he would be taking a few days off work!!!

i hope the dreams we're all having are good dreams! it's been a year since my stroke and only now i have had dreams. i prefer to think that it's part of the healing process. my neuro has told me the brain is a mysterious thing. dream on!!

While in the hospital in intensive care during a afternoon nap I laughed for 10 minutes straight. My wife caught on video. Here's the link.http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=71...39380&hl=en

Got to admit it was pretty funny Chuck, get better ok man.

Very cute We were all very worried about you. Who knew you were having such a grand ole time at least in your dreams. You look very good buddy thanks for sharing

My daughter had stopped dreaming after she had her stroke. I did not know she had stopped dreaming. It wasn't until about a 1 1/2 year after her stroke that she woke up one morning very excited and told everyone that she had a dream. I said don't you dream every night and she had said no, she did not have a dream since she had her stroke. She was so excited about having a dream it that she started a dream notebook and writes about her dreams every morning.

I never lost my dreams. In them I'm still normal. I have dreamed my fingers worked, they do in a fashion now and will in the future. The same with a normal walk. I figure if I dream it then I can do it. How's that for positive reinforcement.

Guest lwisman

It was comforting to read these posts. I did not dream for several years after my stroke. Some people would say I did not remember my dreams. I do now dream (or remember the dreams), but only occasionally. Also every dream I have I am able bodied. I lose all my physical problems when I am dreaming.

Archived