Angels and the reason it happened.

Guest Richard Lee

Guest Richard Lee

Hello everyone. I had my fun thing happen to me seven years ago and didn't know this place existed. I'm glad I found it. And no, it wasn't fun, but many miracles have come from it. I learned the miracle of foregiveness, which is a really big one. I also learned compassion and understanding. And alot of LOVE. So you see, there is a reason why it happened to us. It all depends on how you look at it. You can feel bad about it and be on the pity pot, or you can feel so glad and happy that you survived it and are still alive to learn more about life. And yes, I went through major bouts of depression, but medication has helped that out. For awhile there all I wanted to do was die. When I left the stroke ward of the hospital I went to school to become a certified nurses aide. Can you believe that? A stroke victim giving care to other stroke victims? But that is where I met who is now my wife. She is lefthanded and has the middle name of Lee. The same as me. A match made in heaven. But due to previous circumstances, they wouldn't allow me to be a caregiver, so I went back to work as a machinist. Now your going to say "You can do that after having a stroke?" I didn't mention to you that one night while in the stroke ward I had a visitor. It was an Angel. She healed me of my stroke and other ailments I had. I have written a book about it which I will send you the PDF of if you can get your email address to me. You can read about all of the hell I went through until I had the gift of my stroke happen. It will make you feel a whole lot better about what happened to you and make you understand that there was a reason why it happened. Life is so wonderful and we need to appreciate every second of it. I have so much more to say, so please feel free to corespond with me. I love you all. We're all in this together. Peace and joy.

Richard Lee Taylor.

Richard ,

That was a beautiful posting above. It is great that you met your wife in school and that things have worked out for you.

Hank

Hi Richard and welcome,

Sorry to hear of your stroke. I'm happy it brought about so many wonderful things in your life, you are very fortunate. God does work in mysterious ways.

This is a wonderful site full of warm, caring, friendly, people who are always happy to welcome a new friend, and are excited to encounter such inspiration ~more of God's Divine intervention.

Looking forward to getting to know you

Maria :friends:

Richard,

Welcome to the site and welcome to our corner of cyber space. You've got a terrific attitude and have come far since stroke entered your life. You have been blessed also by meeting your wife/Angel here on Earth. Having the support and encouragement from our loved ones is so much a part of recovery.

We've got "live" chat sessions throughout the week - the chat schedule is in the drop-down menu under Members Area at the top of the message board. Chat sessions are for members only. We also have a blog community which is beneficial to the writer and the readers.

Look forward to getting acquainted. See you around the board.

Guest Richard Lee

Hi, It's Richard Lee, the newbie, and I just want to tell you all thank you. You sound like a wonderful group of people and I look forward to chatting with you. Joy and Love.

Richard.

hi richard,

welcome to strokenet! i'm sure you've discovered there are many wonderful people here. i'm glad you found your angel that helped you to recver from stroke. the path to recovery is long, but i look at everyone here as angels looking over my shoulder and giving encouragement to keep going.

Welcome Richard and thank you for your words. As the others have mentioned, we have blogs and live chat. Hope to meet you in chat, pleasure to meet you. :bouncing_off_wall:

hi Richard:

your attitude sounds wonderful, due to my stroke I found out I had already married my angel. I too griened for my loss after stroke but as soon as I started looking life with gratitude attitude, life indeed became worth living every second of it. As Donna mentioned we have wonderful blog community where you can journal your daily thoughts and it's highly therupetic

Asha

Another believer! While there are many who believe in a Higher Power, there those of us who go even further in our beliefs. With you, it is an angel; with me, it is similar being in a spiritual sense as well. They use a different term for angels at timrs, but the term is lost in my upstairs computer which had a bleed. LOL!. In a day or so, the word will just pop into my mind.

I am a firm believer in Fate though. To me, it was meant that I, like you and the other survivors were made that so that we could be around to learn and do things. I also believe that helping those who have strokes after we have are to be guided - that is our pay for being made survivorsand therefore our duty.

I loved what you said because I completely understand and agree. I dauble in meditation having finally allowed it to happen after going to Reiki Circles (a healing modality) and being attuned to be a Reiki II., which is as far as I choose to go (have no desire to be a Master)

I will be contacting you. Oh and :welcome:

Phyllis

Hi Richard Lee.

Welcome. It sounds like you have found the purpose driven life that Rich Warren talks about in his book. Thanks for posting - I love your spirit.

Vi

Another Welcome Richard,

Hope you stay tuned to the site whenever possible, I work too and time just slips away somehow. We are glad you joined and look forward to your comments and replies. Take care and continue to get better.

Hi Richard,

I believe in angels too. I meet new ones all the time. Angels are strangers who hold the door open for you or strike up a friendly conversation when you meet them in the neighbourhood.

My attitude has been changed since my stroke has changed my interactions in my community.

Life is so much easier when we can regard strangers as friends that we don't know yet. My faith in mankind has been renewed ever since the public has to deal with my stroke.

welcome to our neighbourhood

Pat

Hello, Richard!

I need to thank you. I was feeling really down the other day when I read your initial post. I recently had a tricky hysterectomy (which is complicated to do with someone who's stroked--it's been a year and a half for me--and on anti-coagulants) which has led to a painful recovery, and I was starting to get angry with God--"I can't handle any more. Why are you giving me more?" etc. Then, I logged on and read your Angels and the reason it happened posting and started to cry. It couldn't have been better timing!

You are a blessing!

Karen

:welcome: LOVE TO HERE STUFF LIKE THAT RICH ME BEING A GOD FEARING PERSON IT NEED TO BE MORE INSPIRATIONAL,MESSAGE,TO PEOPLE THAT WANT TO HERE IT,BECAUSE IT IS THE PURPOSE,OR ARE BEING,ARE LOVE FOR EACH OTHER,AND ARE LOVE FOR OURSELF,BECAUSE THERE IS A HIGH POWER THAT WATCH OVER US AND DIRECT US AND BAD TIME AND GOOD GOD BLESS YOU.

Hi Richard and Welcome, glad to hear you have turned negatives into so many positives.

And as everyone we are overwhelmed at first... I also believe in angels.. My son was diagnosed with cancer at 5.. he went thru chemo, etc. Back in the 70's treatment was still very experimental. He told my girlfriend he was not afraid to die.. he was going to be with God and he would be an angel.

So stroke is not the worst thing to happen in my life........ my peace is knowing my son is an angel and watching over us.

Sometimes it is difficult to take lifes lessons and turn them into positives.........

I am Very Happy for you. And a BIG WARM Welcome to our family here.

hope to see much more of you on site and to meet you in chat..

Archived