I wish I could move

I can imagine it hard on my son taking of the of me, but lately he has been very abusive in the talks to me. He even threw me my cat from my bed trying the dog from under my bed. I dont think my son would hurrt sould. My mom is trying to back to texas but it is such a long list of things ahat have to be done. I have to special dr for the illness I have and pain meds.

I have two strokes and I brain sursery all in the past year, it is just hard to take all this in. Lould think my son would be ......he has just told me he sorry but is just to much been going on lately. i can't till I can will to my mom's.

Sorry it is hard to read what I am tying sometimes, it the aphaya or how it is spelled.

Hope everything it doing well. hugs to you all. diana

well I'm sorry to hear that news but maybe some good will come of this soon. As far as the spelling if you are using IE7, there is a spell check at the top, just click on it and all of what you have typed will let you see what you want to correct.

Diana,

Sorry to hear you're having some low times with your son. It will pass soon I hope. If he apologized, then he is hopefully aware of his behaviors. Hope he's sincere in his apologies.

Take care and please keep us informed on how you're doing.

gramma, bless your heart. you have endured alot lately. hopefully your son will realize he needs to learn patience and understanding now, its not easy for a caregiver or survivor to get through a stroke and the deficits it leaves behind. don't worry about your spelling, i'm sure you are trying the best you can. i hope you have much better days ahead. hang in there, it will get better. NEVER GIVE UP HOPE we are here for you and understand. i'm sending you some((((hugs)))). keep us updated on how you are doing.

hi,

I am sorry for what you are going through. if this continues to distress you then you need to talk to someone you can trust...a neighbor,doctor,nurse,etc.

I wish you the best!

beth

gramma,

hope things will improve. being a caregiver is a huge responsibility. maybe your son had an 'off' day and had a few things on his mind that were bothering him. i think it was unnecessary to lash out at you and the cat, but i'm glad he apologized to you for his behavior. hope there will be better days all around!

(((Diana))) You don't need to apologize for your aphasia, we understand what you are saying. How old is your son? And is he your only caregiver? Are you living in his house?

well, I will be moving in with my mom in. I don't when I will me the trip from colorado to texas, my one daughter will still be here isbut will get to see my youngest again and my sister. I'm not happy here and I have need to put myself first so can get getter. I will miss me son and grandson so much. It is hard for me to do, but it has to be done.

Like Louise said, maybe your son was having an "off" day. Sorry you are going thru this but I am glad he apologized. You will be in my thoughts Diana and I wish good things for you. Hang in there....you are strong! :cloud9: :hug:

Sorry to hear all you are going thru. May God bless and keep you and your family - just don't worry and keep surviving.

• 2 weeks later...

First off Diana, please never worry about the way you type. Let me applaud the effort you are making in typing as well you do. Listen....can you hear me cheering?

I never liked Colorado anyway. Don't blame you for scooting off to Texas. Always found it to be a beautiful state. Is that where you're from?

Me, I crawled out of the Kentucky hills a long time ago.

All I can say is I hope your son gets a little calmer at this. Everybody has a bad day once in a while. We're only human, and we all make mistakes. Don't hold the bad days against him, and tell him not to a bad day against you.

Don't know about everybody else, but my life is way to short for unpleasant memories.

Next time he does that, shake your finger in his face and tell him...."Quit that! You know cats can't fly."

But do pop in, let us know how you are. Even when you get to Texas....don't forget to send us a postcard.

Diana, I'd give you a Momma's hug if I was there.

Spook

• 2 weeks later...

If all goes as planned, my mom will be moving here in a couple of months, we hope sooner. In a few days I will be making the long trip to tx with a family friend. Everyone could use a brake and I will get to see my youngest who is 21. it will be great to see family I haven't in four years!

Diana,

There is a silver lining to every cloud. Enjoy your get-a-way with your friend to Texas and enjoy your time with your youngest son. The time away from family will do everyone good.

• 3 weeks later...

:forgive_me?:i hope that things will improve for you soon. One thing that I have learned is that while they said to me in the hospital that stroke survivors typically get depressed, I read on this site that stroke caregivers also get depressed. It is very typical for depressed people to lash out at their loved one (out of frustration of coarse.)

I would encourage that you and your son get some councelling. I hope that you are not offended as I know that many people seem to be prejudiced about the subject of mental health.

I plan on starting up a support group in my community which focuses on the stroke caregivers. One thing that I am adament about is that every stroke survivor and stroke caregiver receive a visit from a mental health professional prior to being released from the hospital. I pushed to have my husband seen by such a person once he was out of the hospital. I could not get an appointment for him for 2 months since his first emergency medical event.

Thankfully, the first week I was with him in the hospital I made sure to call up my own doctor because I realized I needed her help. I was on such a high from addreneline I had to stop drinking coffee for 3 days. I found that I would run on emptly for a few days and then crash when I couldn't really afford to. Later that week I had to call friends to drive me around to various places, including the hospital, because I realized that it was dangerous for me to drive since I had had very little sleep. My husband was, quite frankly, not nice to me for 4 or 5 weeks, the sixth week he was nicer and even started to use some affectionate words. He acted normally with everyone else, but with me he showed me signs of depression; all of the signs that are listed for stroke survivors.

Archived