PFO Closure

Thanks to all of you for thinking of me this past week. I came home from the hospital yesterday. I am pretty weak. Lost a lot of blood. The procedure went very well though. So I guess I guess it is all over but the healing.

Again, Thanks to all of you.

Kelly

hi kelly, thank god you are home and the surgery went well. its all over now, so now you can heal and not have the worry of another stroke. get the rest you need and take it easy. give yourself plenty of time to heal. be safe and well, i hope to see you back in chat as you feel up to it.

Kelly,

I am so happy things are going well for since surgery. Rest,Rest, and rest..and drink your fluids. I haven't been on for a few months but your post caught my eye today so checked back on your other ones. I too had a stroke on Nov. 17, 2007, had that wonderful TEE in Dec. after they drs. couldn't figure out from other labs/test why I had one(turned out to be several strokes on the MRI) and the cardiologist refused to do the bubble due to the multiple PFO's that showed up. He wouldn't touch me and referred me to another one, who is uneasy about doing the PFO patch since the FDA wants me to have another stroke nowthat I am on Warfarin. I am frustrated after 5 months-7 years -wow!!!! I too was in the bathroom, recognized I wasn't talkign right, could hear myself, had the tunnel hearing, and had the right mind at the time to grab an aspirin immediately.

I truly pray your healing goes well and am thinking of you.

Sheila

47 y.o. stroke survivor on Nov. 17, 2007

Nurse, Wife, Mother of wonderful 9 .o. daughter who is my Hero and with me during 'the One'.

Thanks to all of you. I am taking it easy as possible.

Shelia it is very nice to meet you. I understand your frustration. I was told up until jan of this year...no it is too dangerous to try to close this hole! I was thrilled that they could do it the way they did. I was awake the whole time. Where do you live? I want to help where I can to get you to a top cardiologist.

Kelly

Stroke survivor since dec 31, 2000. 41 yrs old

Hello and Congrats on your closure. I am a newbie on the message board or any message board al all. I too have just had my PFO closed. Dont know where to start or who to talk with but I am feeling a weird pain in my chest. Cant explain it though... pressure, or feels like something is stuck... Anyone have any thoughts? (Im on PLavix and Aspirin 325)

Griff

griffey,

welcome to the site! i hope you'll post an intro of yourself n the appropriate section for all to see so we can get to know you. you really should discuss your symptoms with your doctor so that he/she can do what's necessary so you can be treated appropriately.

Griffy welcome.

Have you spoken to your cardiologist? I have chest pains right now when I push myself too hard. That is the stupid stuff I do to myself.

Good luck. I would be more than happy to chat with you in more detail.

Kelly

I am so glad everything went well. It was a load off my mind to get my closure done. I wasn't so much worried about the procedure, as I was about having another stroke. So now, on with life!

Blessings,

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Patrick C
Hello and Congrats on your closure. I am a newbie on the message board or any message board al all. I too have just had my PFO closed. Dont know where to start or who to talk with but I am feeling a weird pain in my chest. Cant explain it though... pressure, or feels like something is stuck... Anyone have any thoughts? (Im on PLavix and Aspirin 325)

Griff

Hello I also am a newbe and had a closure on 2/14/08 Stanford Hospital. I also get that feeling of preasure or somthing feels off. turns out to be arithmia! Doc claims it will ease and disapear in 3-6 months. The cardio seal they put in needs to skin over. Feels better every day!

Patrick

welcome patrick,

i hope you feel better and get stronger with each passing day. there are many people here who care and will offer support anytime you need it. stroke has forced many of us to accept, adjust, and adapt to a new way of life but we're moving forward. don't hesitate to post any questions or concerns you have. take care and hope to see you on the board or join us in live chat so we can all get acquainted!

Hi I get that heavy feeling in my chest. It happens when I push myself too hard. I had a talk with my cardiologist about it he said pretty much what you did.Hang in there

Kelly

Archived