On-going tribute to Twistoffate

Thank you Fate for your words and you were missed too. You know we are all rooting for you. Under "A Call For Prayer" forum under the topic "Give a Shout Out" I put in a request for prayers and thoughts on your behalf...Others replied with keeping you in their thoughts and prayers. Fight on Warrior! :swordfight:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, as you can see we're still here communicating and recuperating from this stroke thing. Glad you are okay. I'll keep you in my prayers just as my church does me on a weekly basis. Better health to you and look forward to hearing more from you a bit later.

Dear Fate,

So glad to "meet "you. I've heard you are an awesome person and have kept you in my prayers. I can tell by your post you are a real go getter, keep the positive attitude and the Lord in your heart and you can't go wrong! I look forward to hearing more from you! God Bless and Keep You! :) pJoy

Hello to All -

This is Fate's (twistoffate) wife, Cathy. I don't log on much as Fate pretty much has the knack for saying all there is to say...LOL! But I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of you who have also written private messages of encouragement to him. He has had a little trouble with some depression as is normal with new news such as we've had, but he is fighting the good fight every day to get his mind "wrapped around it" and be able to go on. The doctors at Vanderbilt University Hospital, the morning after the chemoemobilization procedure said they felt it went very well, and that the way to beat this "junk" is that attitude is literally 90% and only 10% is physical, and that they feel he is going to do fine with this thing. And when I asked them for any "instructions" to follow once back home, they said stay healthy, eat a good diet, stay active as much as possible, listen to your body when it is saying it needs to rest and then to enjoy the summer and FORGET ABOUT IT!!!! - - - Which we ARE getting better at! :rolleyes:

Fate truly IS a warrior :whack: . Has been one all his life because he's HAD to be. He also "ran" from God as hard and as fast as he could for many, many years. And God finally was forced to slow him down a little (I believe that to be the stroke) to get his attention.....and it worked. Fate is not only a gentleman, he is a "gentle-man" and that is also how he shares his testimony and love for our wonderful Lord. Just by living his life and speaking the truth. All of you are truly family to him. He worries with you, he prays with and for you, he laughs and cries with you. And just to remind all of you, we are BOTH here for any of you any time you need us. That's what family does. They stick!! Any of you are also more than welcome to write to me at my email address of: catmandou777@yahoo.com - - just because I tend to check it more often than I check here on the strokenet. Here is kind of "Fate's thing" and that's OK. We would both do anything within our power and abilities to help any of you at any time. KNOW THAT!!!! :bouncing_off_wall: Some days when Fate is so down or so fatigued he can hardly function, he still finds the strength to check in here on his friends.

If any of you have not checked it out yet, you'll get a kick out of going to his "myspace" page. Four of his original tunes are posted there that you can listen to and bunches of pictures. Also scroll on down to his "friends" and click on my picture and check out more pics and such. Just go to: www.myspace.com/atwistoffate7 and you will find him.

Once again, much, much love and gratitude to you all for your love, support, and wonderful words. YOU are a big part of where Fate finds the strength and fortitude to STAY the warrior he is. God's blessings upon you all now and eternally.

Cathy

OH!!! & "P.S" - Monday, August 11 is our 2nd Wedding Anniversary!!!!! (Speaking for myself)....I FINALLY got it right@!! :cocktail: LOL!!

• 1 month later...

HELLO TO ALL:

THIS IS CATHY (FATE'S WIFE). I AM HERE LOGGED IN UNDER HIS NAME BECAUSE I KNOW MORE OF YOU WILL RECOGNIZE IT. I HAVE AN URGENT REQUEST IN REGARDS TO FATE. PLEASE PRAY FOR HIM! WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH A SERIES OF EVENTS SINCE AUGUST 23RD THAT HAS ENTIRELY CHANGED OUR LIVES YET AGAIN. I AM WRITING FROM THE HOSPITAL FAMILY & GUEST ROOM WHERE THERE IS A COMPUTER AVAILABLE. THERE ARE OTHERS WAITING TO USE IT SO I MUST BE BRIEF. I DON'T KNOW WHEN I'LL BE ABLE TO LOG BACK ON WITH YOU. MANY, MANY OF YOU KNOW FATE AND I KNOW, LOVE AND KNOW HIM FOR A WONDERFUL MAN AND STRONG PRAYER WARRIOR - A WARRIOR PERIOD. "WARRIOR" - - THE WORD HE HAS CHOSEN TO USE WITH YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE INSTEAD OF BEING "SURVIVORS".

THE WORLD OF MAN AND EARTHLY DOCTORS TELL US HE MAY ONLY HAVE 2 TO 3 MONTHS. WE BELIEVE THE REPORT OF THE LORD BY WHOSE STRIPES WE ARE ALREADY HEALED. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO ADD FATE TO YOUR PRAYER LISTS AND TO ADD HIS NAME TO ANY AND ALL PRAYER GROUPS AND LISTS THAT YOU KNOW. A LOT HAS HAPPENED THAT HAS ALMOST BLINDSIDED US. BUT WE KNOW THE LORD IS GOING BEFORE US. DUE TO MEDICATIONS, WEAKNESS, AND OTHER THINGS, FATE IS SOMETIMES LUCID, SOMETIMES NOT. BUT I DO BELIEVE THE SWEET LORD IS SPEAKING WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT AND PEACE FROM HIS LIPS STRAIGHT TO FATE'S EARS AND INTO HIS SPIRIT. THE "ENEMY" HAD ME FEELING VERY WEAK AND SEPARATED FROM GOD, BUT NIGHT BEFORE LAST THE LORD BEGAN LEADING ME TO THINGS AND PEOPLE THAT HAD MESSAGES FOR ME AND I NOW FEEL THE STRENGTH FLOWING INTO MY HEART AND SOUL THAT I HAVE SO DESPARATELY NEEDED THESE PAST FEW WEEKS. THE FOLLOWING EXCERPT FROM A WONDERFUL BOOK CALLED "COME AWAY MY BELOVED" BY FRANCES J. ROBERTS WAS THE FIRST THING OUR SWEET LORD LED ME TO. I SHARE IT WITH YOU AND BY DOING SO, I PRAY THAT IT BOTH STRENGHTENS YOUR BLESSED PRAYERS FOR FATE AND MAY ALSO LIFT THE BURDEN OF SOMEONE HERE ON THE SITE THAT IS LOOKING FOR THE EXTRA STRENGTH AND FAITH TO CARRY THEM THROUGH. FATE LOVES YOU ALL.

"COMFORT IN AFFLICTION"

"O My people, hath not My hand wrought for thee with many signs and wonders? Have I not ministered unto thee in miraculous fashion? How sayest thou therefore in thine heart, "I will turn me again to the arm of flesh"? How oft have I spoken unto thee, and never failed to keep My word? Will ye not, then, trust Me now in this new emergency, even as ye have trusted Me in the past? Thy need is deeper this time, and so I have made the testing more acute. I deepen you in the furnace of affliction, and purify your soul in the fires of pain. Lean hard upon Me, for I bring thee through to new victories, and restoration shall follow what seemeth now to be a wind of destruction. Hold fast to My hand, and rest in My love, for of this ye may be very certain: My love is unaltered; yea, I have thee in My own INTENSIVE CARE. My concern for thee is deeper now than when things are normal. Draw upon the resources of My grace, and so shall ye be equipped to communicate peace and confidence to thy dear ones. Heaven rejoices when ye go through trials with a singing spirit. Thy Father's heart is cheered when ye endure the test and question not His mercy. Be as a beacon light. His own glorious radiance shall shine forth through thee, and Christ Himself shall be revealed."

LOVE AND BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL,

CATHY

Cathy and Fate,

My thoughts and prayers are with you both. You have been and always will be an inspiration to many of us Fate. You forever will have a space in my heart.

May our Lord gently hold you both and help you along the way.

I will continue to pray for a miracle for you if it is God's will.

God Bless, love, and (((HUGS)))

cathy, thank you for the update on fate, it brings tears to my eyes. i definitely will add you both to my prayer list. he is a warrior and fighter, perhaps god will let him win this battle too. i wish you both the very best. let him know how much he is loved and admired for his strength and attitude he has always had. god bless you both.

Cathy, add my prayers for yourself and Fate too.

Here is a poem I wrote many years ago called "Our love":

I have walked the long dark corridors of night

I have seen the angels dancing in the soft light of dawn

I have joined the lark singing in joy

In the depths of a clear blue sky.

I have slept by your side

Shed a tear

Squeezed your hand

Watched you cry.

Should I die

Don't despair

I will come back to you

Be with you always.

In the words of a song

The fragrance of a flower

The touch of the spring sun

The comfort of a warm fire.

Don't lose hope

Our love will not die

Wherever you are

There will I be also.

Copyright mine. 1999.

I hope that you will feel the comfort and support we offer you as you face the trials ahead.

Sue.

hello cathy and fate.

you both and the family will be in my prayers for sure,

be stromg

love

anna

Dear Cathy,

I will be praying for both you and Fate. Fate doesn't really know me but I have seen a post from him and his faith and love for the Lord is truly evident even to me. I know HE is already with you both. I pray God will bring a Miracle to Fate and strength and courage to you. God Bless you both now and always......Joy

I've prayed to God for the both of you and that he will have mercy for Fate. In my own case I go day by day looking for better days ahead.

Cathy and Fate ... sending warmest wishes.. loads of warm hugs and prayers to you both.

you are both very very special. I know your concern is for Fate right now, but please, remember to take care of yourself also.

Warmly, Bonnie

:Tantrum: so very sorry 2 hear whats happining i will deff keep u both inmy nightlyprayers i was brought up 2 belive that life dishes out no more than we can handel.wehaveal had our ups and downs .both ur thoughts and well wishes are on my mind so take it easy and GET WELL REAL REAL SOON.

BESSY :big_grin:

We have a member, TwistofFate, who has been a Warrior ever since a stroke entered his life. Twist has shared and inspired other members with his topics.

Twist and his familly are now warriors again as Fate was diagnosed with cancer and has been given 2-3 months.

As an on-going tribute to Fate, some of his topics are being moved to this thread in one collection to provide an opportunity for newer members to get to know Twist and appreciate and learn from his message.

This thread is being set up as a read only so not to take away from Fate's words and inspirations. As we read his words, let us hold his words and beliefs close to our hearts.

The following are topics that were originally posted by TwistofFate - they have been copied and placed in this thread.

9 May 2008

Heartfelt greetings to one and all !!

Fate here. It’s been a while once again since I posted, but as always, I enjoy monitoring the site, to keep up to date, and to see how folks especially old friends are doing. I sincerely hope that everyone is getting as much from the site as I did, and in fact, still do. I feel like an alumni. My stroke occurred 1/17/05. I was hospitalized until 4/7/05. As I have told before, the stroke hit out of the blue. I had an abnormally low platelet count. I blew my nose a little too hard one cold morning and the result was a blowout and bleed in the lower right-rear of my brain. It was stopped in a relatively short period of time, but not before my right side was initially paralyzed. The table was then set for my rehab. I was a week into that when the unthinkable occurred. A deadly staph infection. I would now have to fight for my life. I went from a 210 lb. athletically gifted man to a 140 lb. shadow of my former self. My family was told to prepare for the worst, and it took a last resort by my very gifted and tenacious Infectious Disease doctor, to find the staph and stop it.

I narrowly escaped death, and I will never forget it. I thank our dear sweet Lord everyday for the chance to carry on. There are so many dreams I have been able to fulfill given my “second chance”. I will be celebrating my first wedding anniversary this August 11th. My beautiful daughter Holly soon turns 17. I’m her hero…yahoo-- I’ll take it!!! I have made great strides rehabbing. My right arm is no longer “locked”. I don’t drag my right leg any longer. I do gardening… a lot. I play guitar again and create sweet music in my home studio. I continue to sing the praises of the “Jacuzzi” for therapy---a MAJOR help. A good medicine regiment…major help as well. Life is sweet and I love being positive. I cannot overemphasize the importance of keeping a positive attitude. As I’ve said before, yes, I’m a survivor, but even more, I am a WARRIOR!! I will plow on. I will dictate the extent of my handicap. I will not be saddled by a “slow side” or pain. That’s what good medicine is for.

I am a member of another website, a guitar site. Where “guitar geeks” congregate. Much like this site except everybody is right, and all have a better opinion, and all are well “geeks”. –Question: How many blues guitarists does it take to change a lightbulb?? Answer: Twenty - - 1 to change the bulb, and 19 to complain how good the old one was…LOL!! I happened to be on the site one day, exchanging ideas etc. My talk drifted toward how guitars have always played a major role in my life (see picture proof in my profile). How guitars were propped up in my room as inspiration and incentive, to work hard if I ever wanted the pleasure of playing again. My wife surely knew the effect that little stroke (no pun intended) would have on me. At the time I was literally too weak to hold a guitar. My work was cut out for me. As I shared my story, I knew folks on the site would draw inspiration from it. It has happened before. But this time was different. This time a reply came to my posting from a fellow named Thomas. Thomas introduced himself in an extremely nice manner. He was not a member of the guitar site, or the stroke site. He had been web-surfing, and being a guitar player, found his way to the guitar site. There, hidden away amongst an avalanche of “geeks” playing around in a ton of categories, was me.

From time to time, simple occurrences do happen in my life, and of course it is way too easy to dismiss them as a “twist of fate”. Be that as it may, this was one of them. Thomas was very touched by what he read. He could easily identify with my “brush with death”, and went on to speak of his own near death experience. Thomas was involved in a very bad car crash. So here we were, on an out of the way, back road in “guitar land’, and both with something much deeper and infinitely more profound to be drawn together by. I won’t infringe upon Thomas’s privacy by going into details, suffice it to say Thomas is extremely blessed to be alive. He is inspired by my very positive attitude, and where I’m at as far as my recuperation and recovery. Early on, I was lost. I thought I would be the way I was for life. I was scared. I was hurt. Then pity crept in, and I got enraged!! The “why me” question rapidly turned to “why NOT me?!!” At that point, as I’ve said here before, the stroke and subsequent Staph infection had had their way with me long enough. I told the S.O.B’s. to leave, and leave me with the business at hand. Recuperation and recovery. And it took all the fortitude and heart I and a great team of Doctors, nurses, my guardian angel wife and heartfelt praye, could muster. But I did it, and continue to plow on!! Thomas picked up on this, and was inspired by it. That’s a beautiful thing. We truly hit it right off. We are like minded, and our hearts and spirit are intertwined. We refer to each other affectionately as “Brother”. We both have actual “sibling” brothers, so we know of what we speak.

Thomas draws inspiration from me, and in turn, it warms my heart and inspires me immeasurably to be of help to such a man as Thomas. I know where he’s at in life, and I know where he will be in time. I treasure greatly the role of a positive “warrior” in the life I have now. I love being a “hero” to people I love. I am now in my third spring since I was struck down. It seems like another lifetime ago. I am very proud of what I have done, and what I continue to do. I know myself like never before. Without a doubt, I cherish most of all the fact that I no longer feel like I am in charge of my life. That it’s all about me. I have turned my life around. I know there is a supreme force that is ultimately the guiding light AND force in my life. That would be our dear sweet Lord, GOD, Almighty..Amen.

Spring brings out the “new” in me. Shake off the winter cobwebs. It’s time to “garden” again. It’s time to reaffirm love of life again. It’s time to rejoice, Hallelujah. Always fight the good fight, and always know the unmistakable power of the positive action and the positive word. I wish for everyone, from the folks who were “grazed” by the stroke, to the folks who were slammed…HARD, the heart and the fortitude to fight back. Take back as much as you possibly can, the life that was/is yours. Be selfish!! It is your precious life. May God bless us all, and guide us along the way. Till next time--

Fate.

--------------------

Survivor - 1/17/05 - Tennessee

Never Ever Settle....

A BAD DAY IS A GIFT, A GOOD DAY IS A TREASURE.

12 May 2008

Heartfelt Greetings to all.. :welcome: ..This is to all who have had their lives so RUDELY, and TOTALLY interrupted, by ANYTHING from a stroke, to a heart attack,

and ANYTHING in between. To those who have fought back with all the FORTITUDE, HEART, and even STUBBORNNESS, that you can possibly muster. To

those of you who know that your own, sweet life has been intruded upon in such a way, that if you don't DECLARE ALL-OUT WAR, then you will settle

for a life that is anything but...the kind of life that you dream of, you desire, YOU WISH FOR WITH ALL YOUR HEART !! It can be yours. It is within your

grasp. Just DO NOT SETTLE...EVER!! :Tantrum:

You good folks know me. I have the sweet privilege of knowing many of you. You know I came here a confused, but hopeful victim. So incredibly blessed

and inspired to be alive. A survivor of a horrible stroke, and of subsequent MRSA staph. A survivor of a long hospital stay, that at times left me with but

a PRAYER for life. You know that against all odds, with care of my HERO DOCTOR, MY GUARDIAN ANGEL WIFE, and the will of OUR SWEET LORD, combined with my overriding desire to live, I do just that. AND I LIVE LIFE WITH GUSTO !! I SO LOVE LIFE !! I live in the country, in the beautiful, rolling

hills of EAST TENNESSEE. I never even went back to the 2 story log cabin I was carried from when my stroke hit. My sweet wife, (girlfriend at the time)

knew I might not be able to climb stairs, so her, my 15 year old daughter, and my mother, went to work, and prepared a sprawling home that my

girlfriend's Mom had built many years ago.

It was here that I would find the peace and sanctuary, as well as the room to rehab, that would allow me to mend. I garden, and grow beautiful plants.

A bonus in my rehab has been turning a 100 year old home (where Cathy's great grandmother lived) into a personal Museum. Here I am able to display a

lifetime's worth of Music and Sports things, (from being a Musician, and Ball player), as well as many, many things of interest. I continue to make music, from Smoky Blues, to World Music, in a nice, self-contained Studio, I was able to put together. These things are so important to me. They were my life

P.S. (pre-stroke), and I'm determined to not miss a beat post-stroke. I can't stress how important it is to me to continue a life I was living when I was

side-tracked. I'm even determined to up the ante. :bouncing_off_wall:

I call on the help of a cane much of the time. The stroke tried to take my right side. My DOMINATE side. So I use a cane from time to time. Know

what?? My wife (Cathy) is also my Guardian Angel. She is also so talented and creative, it's not even fair!! Stained Glass, painting, drawing, refurbush

ing old stuff. She takes my cane, and makes it a work of art!! Wraps it in leather, feathers, beads. Adds touches here and there, and BINGO!! IT's

a HIT!! Every where we go, folks love my cane. EVERYWHERE!! So we were inspired, by peoples stories, and I would share mine, and we prayed for

guidance, and we've started a business....making Beautiful, personalized walking canes. Check 'em out!!...you can pm me for more information [[ edited by MBA Donna to remove personal contact information to protect the privacy of the member]]

Chalk this one up to "if life gives you lemons, make lemonade". WE ARE SO PROUD!! You all know how I feel about taking on life, not as a VICTIM,

not as a SURVIVOR, but as a WARRIOR!! Ready, willing, and able to take on life's challenges. So with my chin up, my heart full of drive and desire,

I'll dig in and be the MAN I know I am. I want folks to be proud of me, and comfortable around me. My people all know what happened to me. It pains

them to see someone so full of life get smacked down, HARD!! So I make it easier for them. I try real hard to be the me of old. Know what?? A very

cool thing has happened in my life. While I was busy trying so hard to be as "normal" as I could, I surpassed my own self. I have become a "better

me". I am more patient. I am more understanding. More sympathetic. I have more empathy towards life in general. IT SURE FEELS GOOD!!

I would like to welcome all folks, EVERYONE associated with the STROKE NET, to DECLARE!! DECLARE your life, no matter what the circumstances,

no matter how capable, or incapable you may be. No matter how tired or weary you are. DECLARE the life you have as YOUR life, worth fighting

HARD to make it a comfortable, easy going, pain free, trouble free, relaxing, enjoyable life!! Many of us live in a degree of constant pain. Such is

the nature of a Stroke, unfortunately. But that pain can be tempered, thanx to the right meds. You've heard me say it before, and I'll always preach

the benefits, and enjoyment of a good, powerful jacuzzi. I can't do without the heated water blasting my body at least 2 hours a day. It loosens me

up to perform other things.

I'll close this way. Bless the ones who have been forced to change their lives in order to get along, or even more so, to just live. If you must adapt,

as most of us do, put thought into it. Make it really work for YOU. Let your loved ones, and friends help with your "new life". "Customize" your

life!! Make it ALL that you want. We deserve it!! DECLARE FOR YOUR SOUL.....AND THEN LIVE A GOOD LIFE!! :gleam:

MY NAME IS FATE.....ANDI DECLARE MY LIFE !!

--------------------

Never Ever Settle....

12 May 2008

:forgive_me?: A very Heartfelt Greeting to all. It is my sincere hope that everyone is of such a mindset that they want to take on life "on your own terms"!! Expect

nothing but the very best for yourselves, and NEVER,EVER, SETTLE FOR NOTHING ELSE!! I'll say it again. Truly adopt the heart of a WARRIOR, and

you WILL surprise yourself at what you will accomplish!!

You all know that I am a fighter. I will always be willing to lead the way, and thru fortitude, love of life, love of our DEAR SWEET LORD, and hatred

of all things that would try and rob us of what we so richly deserve, a sweet, beautiful, and full life. Just keep your chin up, your heart open, your

mindset on "RIGHT".

My stroke resulted in me blowing my nose a little too hard, of ALL THINGS!! It was Winter time, and I was clogged up due to Asthma. The result was

a "Baseball" sized bleed in the left side of my brain. THAT resulted in a complete short circuit of my right side. My dominate side. Bad news. Two weeks

in, and I contracted a nasty, and deadly case of MRSA STAPH INFECTION. From then on, it was a fight for my life. A fight that I eventually Blessedly, and most humbly won.

Now good folks, another battle awaits me. I have spoke many times of my "family of Doctors". How the Doctor that saved my life, was the "Best Man"

in my wedding. I love them all, and they do me. I carry the remnants of the stroke/staph with me. I walk with my glorious "RAISIN CANE". And I walk

proud, like a WARRIOR!! I have a Doctor who I love, and trust with my life. She monitors the internal organs of my "right side". Lately an ultrasound

detected 2 lesions in my liver. I was sent to Vanderbilt Hospital,(a 600 mile trip) and I got word today, the lesions are malignant tumors. DANG!! I can

sure do without this! Yet another battle. Time to dig in, and PLOW, PLOW, PLOW!! I'll spend time extra appreciating my life, and more time talking with

my DEAR, SWEET LORD. He did not bring me this far, and seen me through the battles I've born, to leave me now.

I will buck up and be the WARRIOR you all know me to be. You sweet folks are my friends, and family. You have seen me through going on 4 years

of my life. May I please ask for your thoughts and prayers?? I promise them to be well founded, and to keep you posted. Promise.

MOST SINCERELY, FATE :forgive_me?:

--------------------

Never Ever Settle....

A BAD DAY IS A GIFT, A GOOD DAY IS A TREASURE

12 Jun 2008

WHEN I FIRST CAME TO THE SITE, I IMMEDIATELY FOUND FOLKS IN NEED OF A LISTENING EAR. SO I BECAME ONE. I KNOW FOR A FACT IT HELPED.

NOT ONLY DID IT HELP, BUT IT INTRODUCED ME TO SOME FINE FOLKS, IN NEED OF AN EAR, I BEING ONE OF THOSE FOLKS.

I JUST HAD TWO SUBJECTS UP FOR DISCUSSION IN STROKE SURVIVOR. ONE WAS FOR A CHANCE TO DECLARE. TO DECLARE YOUR INDEPENDANCE

FROM THE TIES THAT BIND YOU FROM A HANDICAP. THE OTHER WAS ASKING DEAR FRIENDS FOR PRAYER PERTAINING TO A CANCER I HAD BEEN

SADDLED WITH. IN ALL SOME 400 FOLKS READ ABOUT THIS. 15 REPLIED WITH KINDNESS. I DO APPRECIATE THE FOLKS THAT REPLIED. i'M AT A LOSS

AT THOSE THAT DID NOT. GOD BLESS YOU ANYWAY, AND MAY FOLKS EXHIBIT THEIR LOVE WITH KIND WORDS, AND CARING. AND IF YOU FEEL ONE

OF THOSE FOLKS, BY ALL MEANS DO. MANY TIMES YOU CAN DO INFINITE GOODNESS BY BEING A PLAYER, AS OPPOSED TO BEING A SPECTATOR. A

KIND UNDERSTANDING WORD, AND SYMPATHETIC EAR, HAS MEANT THE WORLD TO MANY A PERSON IN NEED. THANK YOU, FATE.

--------------------

Never Ever Settle....

9 Aug 2008

VERY HEARTFELT GREETINGS TO ALL, AND MY DEAR SWEET FRIENDS, I HAVE MISSED YOU GREATLY. AFTER MY LAST POST A WHILE AGO,

I HAD TO BACK UP AND APPROACH THIS AGAIN. I SIMPLY HAVE MISSED THE FAMILY TOO MUCH AND BEEN OUTTA COMMUNICATION A

LITTLE TOO LONG TO JUST POP IN WITH A ..UH,HOWDY Y'ALL. SO HI TO MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS !! I'VE TRULY MISSED YOU, AND I

SINCERELY HOPE LIFE IS BEING KIND TO YOU. I STILL DO SNOOP AROUND, TO KEEP IN TOUCH, AND IT DOES MAKE ME FEEL GOOD TO

HEAR THE SAME MESSAGE AND ADVICE, AND LORD, THE POSITIVE ATTITUDES ARE FLOWING AND PREVAILING. BLESS Y'ALL..OVER AND

OVER. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT WELCOMED ME IN, AND LET ME KNOW I'D FOUND A PLACE TO CALL A HOME. A HOME WHERE A LOT OF

FOLKS LIKE ME WERE PICKIN' UP THE PIECES, AND SEEING WHAT KIND OF PUZZLE WAS LEFT TO WORK WITH.

YOU KNOW MY STORY, AND MY APPROACH TO DEALING WITH THE WAY OUR LIVES WERE ALTERED. RIGHT FROM THE GET-GO I WAS

WELCOMED SWEETLY, AND EMPATHIZED WITH. SO MUCH HELP, AND SO MUCH MOTIVATION TO GET IT ON. I TOOK THE ADVICE I WOULD

READ, AND APPLY IT TO MY OWN LIFE. I KNEW I WAS UNCOMMONLY SLAMMED HARD, SO IT WOULD TAKE ALL THE AMMO I COULD

MUSTER TO HAVE A CHANCE. I WANT YOU ALL TO KNOW, THROUGH HARD WORK, STAYING BUSY, GETTING PROPER REST, JUST DOING

WHAT I SHOULD DO, I HAVE WELL SURPASSED MY GOALS...AND DREAMS. I WILL ALWAYS CARRY MY REMINDER OF HOW FRAGILE LIFE

IS, BUT I'M REMINDED HOW SWEET AND BEAUTIFUL LIFE TRULY IS. I HOPE ALL WILL FEEL FREE TO TAKE A PAGE OUTTA MY BOOK, TAKE

THE PAGES, ADVICE...ALL YOU NEED TO HELP YOU AS I AM. I'M ALWAYS HERE. SHOOT, FROM TIME TO TIME, I READ SOME OF MY OWN

WRITINGS. THEY MAKE ME SMILE. I AM PROUD. I TOO AM ETERNALLY THANKFUL.

AFTER THE STROKE, THE MRSA STAPH, AND MY BATTLES WITH THAT, I HAVE A NEW BATTLE. I ASK FOR PRAYER, AND I WILL KEEP YOU

POSTED. WELL Y'ALL, THE VERY BEST TO YOU, AND MAY THE GOOD LORD BE WITH US ALL. TIME TO SHINE MY ARMOR. THAT'S WHAT A

GREAT WARRIOR DOES. SEE YA, FATE.

--------------------

Never Ever Settle....

9 Oct 2008

HELLO TO ALL:

THIS IS CATHY (FATE'S WIFE). I AM HERE LOGGED IN UNDER HIS NAME BECAUSE I KNOW MORE OF YOU WILL RECOGNIZE IT. I HAVE AN URGENT REQUEST IN REGARDS TO FATE. PLEASE PRAY FOR HIM! WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH A SERIES OF EVENTS SINCE AUGUST 23RD THAT HAS ENTIRELY CHANGED OUR LIVES YET AGAIN. I AM WRITING FROM THE HOSPITAL FAMILY & GUEST ROOM WHERE THERE IS A COMPUTER AVAILABLE. THERE ARE OTHERS WAITING TO USE IT SO I MUST BE BRIEF. I DON'T KNOW WHEN I'LL BE ABLE TO LOG BACK ON WITH YOU. MANY, MANY OF YOU KNOW FATE AND I KNOW, LOVE AND KNOW HIM FOR A WONDERFUL MAN AND STRONG PRAYER WARRIOR - A WARRIOR PERIOD. "WARRIOR" - - THE WORD HE HAS CHOSEN TO USE WITH YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE INSTEAD OF BEING "SURVIVORS".

THE WORLD OF MAN AND EARTHLY DOCTORS TELL US HE MAY ONLY HAVE 2 TO 3 MONTHS. WE BELIEVE THE REPORT OF THE LORD BY WHOSE STRIPES WE ARE ALREADY HEALED. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO ADD FATE TO YOUR PRAYER LISTS AND TO ADD HIS NAME TO ANY AND ALL PRAYER GROUPS AND LISTS THAT YOU KNOW. A LOT HAS HAPPENED THAT HAS ALMOST BLINDSIDED US. BUT WE KNOW THE LORD IS GOING BEFORE US. DUE TO MEDICATIONS, WEAKNESS, AND OTHER THINGS, FATE IS SOMETIMES LUCID, SOMETIMES NOT. BUT I DO BELIEVE THE SWEET LORD IS SPEAKING WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT AND PEACE FROM HIS LIPS STRAIGHT TO FATE'S EARS AND INTO HIS SPIRIT. THE "ENEMY" HAD ME FEELING VERY WEAK AND SEPARATED FROM GOD, BUT NIGHT BEFORE LAST THE LORD BEGAN LEADING ME TO THINGS AND PEOPLE THAT HAD MESSAGES FOR ME AND I NOW FEEL THE STRENGTH FLOWING INTO MY HEART AND SOUL THAT I HAVE SO DESPARATELY NEEDED THESE PAST FEW WEEKS. THE FOLLOWING EXCERPT FROM A WONDERFUL BOOK CALLED "COME AWAY MY BELOVED" BY FRANCES J. ROBERTS WAS THE FIRST THING OUR SWEET LORD LED ME TO. I SHARE IT WITH YOU AND BY DOING SO, I PRAY THAT IT BOTH STRENGHTENS YOUR BLESSED PRAYERS FOR FATE AND MAY ALSO LIFT THE BURDEN OF SOMEONE HERE ON THE SITE THAT IS LOOKING FOR THE EXTRA STRENGTH AND FAITH TO CARRY THEM THROUGH. FATE LOVES YOU ALL.

"COMFORT IN AFFLICTION"

"O My people, hath not My hand wrought for thee with many signs and wonders? Have I not ministered unto thee in miraculous fashion? How sayest thou therefore in thine heart, "I will turn me again to the arm of flesh"? How oft have I spoken unto thee, and never failed to keep My word? Will ye not, then, trust Me now in this new emergency, even as ye have trusted Me in the past? Thy need is deeper this time, and so I have made the testing more acute. I deepen you in the furnace of affliction, and purify your soul in the fires of pain. Lean hard upon Me, for I bring thee through to new victories, and restoration shall follow what seemeth now to be a wind of destruction. Hold fast to My hand, and rest in My love, for of this ye may be very certain: My love is unaltered; yea, I have thee in My own INTENSIVE CARE. My concern for thee is deeper now than when things are normal. Draw upon the resources of My grace, and so shall ye be equipped to communicate peace and confidence to thy dear ones. Heaven rejoices when ye go through trials with a singing spirit. Thy Father's heart is cheered when ye endure the test and question not His mercy. Be as a beacon light. His own glorious radiance shall shine forth through thee, and Christ Himself shall be revealed."

LOVE AND BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL,

CATHY

--------------------

Never Ever Settle....

Archived