On-going tribute to Twistoffate

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Topic: Creativity

Hello Aurora....Heartfelt Greetings to you. I just happened upon your writing. I've not heard from you before. My name is Fate. Here since '05.

My story is well known by most folks. I enjoyed your poem. I too am a writer, musician, artist. I'd like to invite you to my postings. The two that

are current are "SOUL DECLARATION", AND "HELP FROM MY DEAR FRIENDS PLEASE". Please feel free to read. Might help you a bit.

Sincerely, Fate

19 May 2008

In Topic: Cane Issues Greetings... My name is Fate. Member since '05. An ex-pro ballplayer. The stroke took me down....HARD. I went from wheel chair to quad-cane, to

regular cane. This cane did not suit me at all. It had no balance, the handle was a small curve, and offered no no sense of protection between me,

and the ground. One slip of the handle, and we're all on the floor. And I'm not the kind of person to follow a plain old stick around. So out of

necessity, came invention. My wife and I created the "RAISIN CANE". So perfect in so many ways. I don't leave home without mine!! Custome

made, and fit. Everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE, loves it.

For security purposes I can't say much more. If you're interested, please read my post, "SOUL DECLARATION"!! It's right below your post. I'll say this.

All my life I've been very agile. A cane never entered my mind. Neither did a stroke. I'm very grateful that with the help of THE cane, I get around very

well. Whatever it takes to improve your lifestyle.Take care, Fate.

20 May 2008

In Topic: Need Advice HELLO FRIENDS...FATE HERE, I'D LIKE TO TELL YOU TO TRULY DIG IN, AND FIGHT TO TAKE BACK WHAT IS YOURS. MY STROKE

ENTERED MY LIFE LIKE A WORTHLESS THIEF. TOOK WHAT IT WANTED. MADE THE MISTAKE OF LEAVING ME WITH A LOTTA HEART,

A TON OF SOUL, ENOUGH FORTITUDE TO FUEL AN ARMY, AND BELIEF THAT THRU HARD WORK, DETERMINATION, AND KNOWLEDGE

THAT OUR SWEET LORD WILL HAVE MY BACK. I'VE MADE TREMENDOUS STRIDES. MY RIGHT SIDE WAS MINE, AND IS MINE. THERE IS

NOTHING...I REPEAT NOTHING I CAN NOT DO. I WALK WITH A CANE, LAST NIGHT I WROTE AND PLAYED THE GUITAR A BEAUTIFUL

LOVE SONG AT A FRIENDS WEDDING. THAT CAME FROM WHAT A STROKE FAILED TO DO....STOP ME. THERE ARE PLENTY OF FOLKS

WHO KNOW ME HERE. I LIKE TO SAY HELLO, AND SEND MY LOVE TO YOU ALL. I STILL DEAL WITH THE REMNANTS OF MY STROKE, AND

WHEN IT NEEDS ITS BEHIND WHIPPED, I DO SO. MY LIFE BELONGS TO ME, NOT SOME UNWANTED, HATED INTRUDER. WORK HARD,

PLOW HARD, AND BE A WARRIOR, NOT A VICTIM, NOR SURVIVOR, A FIGHTING WARRIOR!! TAKE BACK WHAT IS YOURS!! YOU FOLKS

KNOW I'M ONTO ANOTHER BATTLE, AND I'M FIGHTING WITH ALL I HAVE. I'M GONNA LIVE, AND PROSPER. THATS EXACTLY WHAT I'M

DOING. THE VERY BEST TO YOU ALL.....FATE. . . . .P.S. - OH!! - TO ANSWER THE ORIGINAL POST - I AM 3 YEARS POST STROKE AND MY RIGHT SIDE WAS AFFECTED - THE MORE I USE IT AND MAKE IT DO - THE MORE I GET BACK - - NEVER EVER SETTLE!!!!!!!

9 Aug 2008

In Topic: Need Advice I FAILED TO INCLUDE THIS TIP. ALL MY RIGHT BODY PARTS TINGLE. MANY TIMES IT FEELS LIKE BEES ARE STINGING ME, ALL OVER,

OR I'M BEING RUBBED WITH SANDPAPER. NO MATTER, SOMETIMES THE FEELING OF HITTING MY "FUNNY BONE" EXCEPT THAT GOES

AWAY IN A FEW MOMENTS, AND THE OTHER DON'T. AND IT'S UNCOMFORTABLE, IT HURTS, AND IT DON'T LET UP. A CERTAIN DRUG

WILL HELP, BUT i'VE FOUND AN OLD MARTIAL ARTS EXERCISE WORKS.

GET A BUCKET DEEP ENOUGH TO HOLD UP TO YOUR ELBOW. FILL IT WITH SAND, OR RICE. PLUNGE YOUR HAND DEEP INTO THE

BUCKET, OVER AND OVER. SIFT THE SAND/RICE THROUGH YOUR FINGERS. GRIND YOUR HAND THROUGH THE STUFF. DO THIS

OFTEN AS YOU CAN. IT REALLY HELPS ME. I HATE THAT NON-STOP TINGLING, BUT IT'S OUR NERVE ENDINGS TRYING TO MAKE

A CONNECTION. I SAY "ROCK ON FELLOWS, PLEASE DON'T EVER GIVE UP ON ME"!! OH, AND EVEN THOUGH IT COMES AND GOES,

IT REALLY DON'T TAKE THAT LONG TO REAP RESULTS. MUCH LUCK, MONTANA, AND HAPPY DIGGING...FATE.

15 Aug 2008

Dear All -

Cathy here once again on Fate's member login. I have just had the opportunity to read all your replies and the posting containing many of his own writings here on this site. I will tell him of the love and respect you all have shown him. Three days ago his right lung collapsed. They drew almost 2 1/2 liters of fluid from the pleural cavity. It has already began refilling. His doctors tell us the CA has metastasized to the lungs also and that is causing the weakness of that lung and the following collapse. They offered a chest tube to which Fate agreed to at first. A little later he stated he knew he was dying and just wanted to come home. Through the over and above efforts of the hospice organization, we were able to get him here today, on a Sunday. Many of you can appreciate how difficult it is to get anything done on a weekend! Anyway, he is here at home and we are taking shifts staying with him. He sometimes is frightened and we all remind him whether he is here with us or not, the Sweet Lord is holding him safely in His arms. We will never give up on Fate. But he is tired. He said so himself. Whatever comes, thank you all for your kindness, the comforting words, and wonderful poems. In the hours/days to come, it is a great comfort to know all of you understand and are remembering all of us here with Fate in your prayers. I will try to keep you updated. Once again, thank you for honoring his postings as you are doing. It means the world.

Blessings and the Love of our Lord to you all -

Cathy

Cathy & Fate ~

I hold you both in my heart and prayers. God will hold your hand as you face each

day in His provisions. Like the poem in the book "come away my beloved" He will

not give us more than we can bare. Thats a promise in the Bible. :Zzzz: May he

rest well at home.

God Bless you ~ In the love of Jesus ~ Nancy

P.S. Thank you Cathy for keeping us posted! :friends:

Cathy,

Thank you for updating us on Fate. I'm sure having to recap for us must not be easy to do. Please know and let him know you are both always in our hearts, thoughts and prayers.

Maria

Cathy:

hank you so much for updating us about Fate's condition. you both are in my thoughts and prayers. Fate has taught so much to lot of people and given so much comfort to others. He will be always remembered for his kindness & strength.

Asha

May God bless you both and may you find comfort in knowing how much we love and respect you both.

with sincerity and best wishes, julie

wish there was something more we could give you or some way we could help you...................w/love,j :friends:

Thank you for the update. Patrick and I will keep you, Fate, and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

Kristen

cathy, you and fate are in my heart and thoughts i send you both lots of love and prayers to help you both through this painful time. i am glad he is home with his family. may you both find peace and comfort knowing god is with you now. thankyou so much for updating us. i'm sending you many hugs too.((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))

god bless you both,

Cathy and Fate,

I'm so glad you were able to get home buddy - your present home on earth and to be with your family rather than in the clinical setting of a hospital. God has you in his arms comforting you until it is time for you to go be with Him. While you were able to still post here on site, you probablyt don't realize the numbers of members who were recruited to your group of Warriors

Cathy thank you for updating us. I'm glad you liked the tribute to Fate thread. A member/dear friend (SedonaHeart) suggested it and I went in search of his topics and posts that I could get that were here on site still.

God Bless you and your family

Hello to All -

Cathy here, once again, on Fate's login. Fate reached out and took the hand of our sweet Lord Jesus Christ at 5:52 a.m. the morning of October 22, 2008. He would want me to let all of you know that your prayers, words, good wishes, and poems helped sustain him, me and all of his family throughout this hard time. Fate was a true warrior all the way til the end of his time here on this earth. And he continues to be an omnipresent warrior for his Lord from the sweet place where he now resides for eternity. A lot of things happened quickly from the date of August 21st until now. I was prepared to bring Fate home and care for him forever. But the Lord had a different plan. I can't at this point go into a lot of the details; it is just too painful. But he suffered through a lot these past few weeks, but he never "gave up". As he told a very close friend of ours, he was just plain tired. And he would still tell all of you to never give up - to never, ever "settle".

Fate lived, laughed, and loved life. You all know that. More than one person has told me they know in their soul that the Lord is going to continue to allow Fate to literally be active in the lives of those he loved and touched - not just through our memories of him. Already he is bringing peace and healing to people and situations that only he could do from his place in God's presence. The following was printed on his memory cards at the service:

God saw you were getting tired

And a cure was not to be.

So He put His arms around you

And whispered "Come to Me."

With tearful eyes

We watched you suffer.

And saw you fade away.

And although we love you dearly

We could not make you stay.

A golden heart stopped beating.

Hard working hands now rest.

God broke our hearts

to prove to us

He only takes the best.

I don't know when or if I'll be able to post here in the near future. If not, I hope all of you will sometimes go back and read some of Fate's words. This site meant a lot to him and he tried to log on at least once a day. A lot of thought and effort went into his writings here, just as with his music and songs that we hold so very dear.

And now to the sweetest heart I have ever known - I love you Fate. You have been, are, and always will be my hero, my knight in shining armour, my inspiration. I don't know how to even breathe in the days and weeks to come, but I know you are in no more pain, no more suffering, and would not bring you back into that even if I could. I just Love You....

If any of you would like to post condolences that our whole family can access, please go to www.dillow-taylor.com, then to obituaries and his is dated 10-22-08 under Fate LaMon Hopkins. Sometimes the internet will pop you to a site that is dillowtaylor without the "hyphen" (-). If it does that, you can re-enter with the hyphen or type in "Dillow Taylor Funeral Home Jonesborough TN" in a search engine. A lot of you knew him better than people who could see him or talk to him every day. He shared his heart and soul with you. If any of you would like a CD with many songs that he wrote, sang, played guitar/harmonica, etc. on, just email me at: catmandou777@yahoo.com and I will send you one. He would like to know that perhaps his music can carry on and bring joy, comfort, or peace to any and all. The picture posted was taken August 8th of this year. Fate gave away the bride at the wedding of some very good friends of ours and wrote and performed a song for them. He always gave a lot and took very little.

All the love and prayers to you all -

Cathy Hopkins

post-5731-1225205622_thumb.jpg

Cathy,

I an so sorry for your loss and know he is a great angel who will always be with you. He will always be a dear part of our family here. His inspirational words will forever be ingrained in our hearts. We will never forget him and of course continue to be here for you whenever you need us.

HiCathy,

So sorry for your loss. I am a fairly new member and haven't seen Fate's posts but you describe him to be such a wonderful person, I will search for his posts, I'm sorry I didn't get to meet him. Take care, Cathy, and let us hear how you are doing, <<<<<<hugs>>>>>>

Marie-Claire

Cathy,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. Fate will always be a part of Strokenetwork, even in spirit. He was a true stroke warrior and a compassionate person even through the battles he personally endured.

Fate paved the way to Heaven - my mother passed at 4:15 p.m. on 5-22.

((hugs))) and prayers and please know we are here for you.

Dear Cathy,

My heart felt sympathy goes out to you and your family. I pray that HE will bring you great comfort through HIS grace. ....God Bless you all.......Joy

cathy, i am deeply saddened to hear of your and our loss of a true warrior. he will be sorely missed around here for a long time. but as you said the good lord took him to end his suffering and pain, now he can rest in peace for all eternity. i have you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. he was a great guy and you knew he loved you and you will see him again one day. find comfort in those thoughts. please let us know how you are doing as time passes.

[Pinned by dstraugh for importance]

I WANTED TO SHARE THE FOLLOWING:

The following is a reprint of what Cathy posted in Survivor Support:

TWISTOFFATE - SEE YOU SOON.... :forgive_me?:

Hello to All -

Cathy here, once again, on Fate's login. Fate reached out and took the hand of our sweet Lord Jesus Christ at 5:52 a.m. the morning of October 22, 2008. He would want me to let all of you know that your prayers, words, good wishes, and poems helped sustain him, me and all of his family throughout this hard time. Fate was a true warrior all the way til the end of his time here on this earth. And he continues to be an omnipresent warrior for his Lord from the sweet place where he now resides for eternity. A lot of things happened quickly from the date of August 21st until now. I was prepared to bring Fate home and care for him forever. But the Lord had a different plan. I can't at this point go into a lot of the details; it is just too painful. But he suffered through a lot these past few weeks, but he never "gave up". As he told a very close friend of ours, he was just plain tired. And he would still tell all of you to never give up - to never, ever "settle".

Fate lived, laughed, and loved life. You all know that. More than one person has told me they know in their soul that the Lord is going to continue to allow Fate to literally be active in the lives of those he loved and touched - not just through our memories of him. Already he is bringing peace and healing to people and situations that only he could do from his place in God's presence. The following was printed on his memory cards at the service:

God saw you were getting tired

And a cure was not to be.

So He put His arms around you

And whispered "Come to Me."

With tearful eyes

We watched you suffer.

And saw you fade away.

And although we love you dearly

We could not make you stay.

A golden heart stopped beating.

Hard working hands now rest.

God broke our hearts

to prove to us

He only takes the best.

I don't know when or if I'll be able to post here in the near future. If not, I hope all of you will sometimes go back and read some of Fate's words. This site meant a lot to him and he tried to log on at least once a day. A lot of thought and effort went into his writings here, just as with his music and songs that we hold so very dear.

And now to the sweetest heart I have ever known - I love you Fate. You have been, are, and always will be my hero, my knight in shining armour, my inspiration. I don't know how to even breathe in the days and weeks to come, but I know you are in no more pain, no more suffering, and would not bring you back into that even if I could. I just Love You....

If any of you would like to post condolences that our whole family can access, please go to www.dillow-taylor.com, then to obituaries and his is dated 10-22-08 under Fate LaMon Hopkins. Sometimes the internet will pop you to a site that is dillowtaylor without the "hyphen" (-). If it does that, you can re-enter with the hyphen or type in "Dillow Taylor Funeral Home Jonesborough TN" in a search engine. A lot of you knew him better than people who could see him or talk to him every day. He shared his heart and soul with you. If any of you would like a CD with many songs that he wrote, sang, played guitar/harmonica, etc. on, just email me at: catmandou777@yahoo.com and I will send you one. He would like to know that perhaps his music can carry on and bring joy, comfort, or peace to any and all. The picture posted was taken August 8th of this year. Fate gave away the bride at the wedding of some very good friends of ours and wrote and performed a song for them. He always gave a lot and took very little.

All the love and prayers to you all -

Cathy Hopkins

PLEASE KEEP FATE'S FAMLY IN YOUR PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS. HIS SPIRIT WILL ALWAYS BE STRONG FELT HERE IN HIS STROKENET FAMILY. HE WAS ONE PERSON WHOSE LEGACY WILL LIVE ON. GOD BLESS, LOVE JAN

BELIEVE IN MIRACLES AND SOAR[/font]

Archived