Monty

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[size="5]NEWEST ANGEL CALLED HOME

God called his name and before you knew it he was gone

On Wednesday, October 22nd, 2008.

He had lived a good life, 51 years as a matter of fact,

He was a Loving Husband and Soul Mate to Cathy, Awesome Father, Loving Son, Proud and Loving Grandfather, Friend and Prayer Warrior.

He loved life . , In fact, He took such pride in everything He did. He gave his all in everything God put on his heart. He had strong beliefs and a wonderful sense of humor.

He believed in his Country and God

He was there to help others in need. I know this first hand as his words were sent to us by God on our Strokenet Message Board. How many Stroke Survivors were helped by this Prayer Warrior. His legacy will live on. What a Blessing Fate was to all.

But today, God called him home

and within a blink of an eye he was gone

He has become one of God's Special Angels

for his job on this earth is complete

So now He can rest at God's right hand

and watch us all from up above.

Everyone will miss Fate so very much.

But we can see him each and every night

when we look up above at the shiniest, twinkling star

in the dark sky..For that will be Fate looking

down on us letting us know He is doing all right.

He is our newest Guardian Angel and He is free .. at last..

He is having his Homecoming in Heaven.

Rest in Heaven, my Friend, Fate. know how very loved and missed you will be, For you have left footprints on so many hearts

The dash between your date of birth - date of passing has been well spent in your lifetime. May those who share the memories of you remember how your life was spent in between the -dash. You were a Prayer Warrior first and foremost, a world traveled musician, accomplished and recorded guitarist, harpist (harmonica), singer, songwriter, and artist. You put your gifts from God to good use in the world. You gave praises to God with your musical talent. You lived the words which stated: Make a Joyful Noise to the Lord...

I know, in my heart, we will all be together again one day

So until then, please rest in eternity.

You heard God say to you, Well done my faithful servant,

Now it's time for you to rest

But first, I have something to say to you

Welcome Home My Son, Fate,

Welcome Home

Written with Love,

Jan Johnson

Brain Stem Stroke Survivor and fellow Prayer Warrior

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.[/size]

Cathy:

my deepest condolences for your loss. I pray for your strength to get through this trying time. Fate's words touched lot of people all around the world. It has given me lot of comfort during my own trying times

Asha

I was here when he was here, I'll be there when he is there, we shall meet again up there!

I offer my condolences for Cathy, ALL family members and friends! GOD KNOWS BEST!

dear cathy,

So sorry to har of Fate's loss.

Will keep you &the family in my prayers.

Hugs

anna

Cathy,

I offer my condolescence to you. The first post I read of Fate's was the Warrior one back when I first joined in beginning of 2007. I remember him talking about playing the guitar again and his love of life. His posts always reached out and spoked to me, inspired me so much, I loved reading his writings and I am glad I was able to communicate that to him. His words of never give up and never settle always made me feel stronger. Though I only met him through this site I felt he was special from the get go. So are you Cathy. I never did order a cane but I appreciate you sending me the brochures, I remember Fate talking about the canes with such gusto!

Indeed, Heaven just got more beautiful with the presence of Twist of Fate. He will be playing and singing his music in the clouds and in His Glory. Thank you Cathy for your suport and thank you Fate for the soul and spirit you brought to many of us here.You will be FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS :cloud9:

~ Shirley ~

Cathy

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss my condolences go to you and your family,We know that Fate is now in a place of peace and rest.

God bless you and your family

Allan

• 2 months later...

Hello to all -

Cathy (Fate's wife) here. I decided to make one last posting under Fate's login. I found a posting he was working on on our computer. He had started it August 14. For those of you who may not know him, he was my husband, a stroke survivor, and a friend to all....and he taught many on this site a new and very different way to look at themselves...not as a victim or even a survivor, but as a WARRIOR! And he was and still is. There are things he says in this posting that make me feel like he had known the ultimate outcome of the liver CA diagnosis since the first time the first spot appeared on an ultrasound, which was one year ago this month. He also leaves a strong and wonderful testimony for his Lord in all his postings on this site and continues to do so in this last one. Many times he would start a posting and save it in MS Word, coming back to it, adding more, refining it, numerous times before he posted it up. Sometimes it would take hours, days, or weeks for him to say exactly what he wanted to put out there. As you will see, this posting was never finished, but I hope, as he would, that it helps someone, somehow. Perhaps it will inspire someone to search out some of his other postings. I have also managed to get 2 videos up on youtube of him. The filming was done in late summer of 2004, before his stroke in January of 2005. The song "The Mask" is his own original and seems to speak to many people in many ways. Any and all of you are welcome to pm me if you would like at: catmandou. I will probably not post again under Fate's login. I think this one will, in effect, be his "see you soon". I refuse to say "goodbye". I thank all of you for your inspiring emails and comments that you posted on the funeral home website for him. I especially want to thank Jan. You have been and are being such a support to me. May God Bless each and every one of you. Fate loved you all, as do I. The following is the last posting he was working on just before he became ill.

Very heartfelt greetings to all of my brothers and sisters out there. Just a few words of gratitude from the heart, for the kind words,

prayer, and love, that you are showing me. I CAN tell you EXACTLY what it means to me as well...THE WORLD !! For you to take the time

to express sweetness and kindness, is certainly right on time. Like many of you, I am no stranger to depression. It will creep in any time

your guard is down, and is really never welcome. Luckily, having a strong base of friends, loved ones, and in good standing with our Lord,

minimizes my down time. Still depression...overwhelming depression, is a very hard ride.

I try to think of the progress I've made. Right side totally dead, no memory, no words. And this was two weeks BEFORE MRSA Staph set in.

Now I was quarantined for the next 5 months. Sure could have used a friend. And the thoughts that ran thru my mind. Many times I wished

I wasn't me, because I knew what that meant. I loved life, had always been blessed. I had always been an athlete, musician, had fun at HAVING fun. Didn’t hurt my feelings that the girls liked

me either. I was blessed and smart enough not to take it for granted. But in the blink of

an eye…or I should say the blow of my nose, my life was to be very drastically and

irreversibly changed forever.

I had no way of knowing the trials and tribulations, and personal changes that instantly

had already taken place.. I sometimes wonder that if I knew then, what I know now,

would I have folded. I had Holly. My beautiful, soon to be 16 year old daughter. We

were so best friends. “Hey Dad, let’s go fishin’!! She knew I’d let her drive to the lake.

Oh, she was a pro at playing the angles. I wouldn’t have it any other way. And my dear

sweet, funny Mom…. Lotta love there, and pride. I know the pain of a child passing before the Mom. No way I could give up on that…just for starters. A lot of folks knew me, and what I was capable of. No way I was gettin’ outta this, even if I had the chance.

The whole thought of giving up, and finding an easy way out, was scary… because it was

easy....and real. But in reality I knew that could never happen. Too many people spent

too much time pumping strength, belief, and love into me. Funny thing. When”visitors”

would “drop by”, I appreciated the effort, but wished they hadn’t gone to the trouble.

They had to wear masks or gloves. I always felt like the boy in the bubble. All except

for my fiance’. Bull (angelic bull) in a china shop would come in, and plow on thru….

Scoop me up with a big hug and smooch, and commence to doing

major housekeeping. See when you’re quarantined, you’re fairly neglected by hospital staff. Missed a lot of bed changes, and missed a lot of meals because of that. I thank GOD Cat had 15 Years of paramedic training with her. .She would give my room a good going over, fresh everything. And she was bound and determined to let the nurses and staff know that that was damn well not the way it was going to be – them “neglecting” me was not gonna happen or asses were getting “chewed”….!!

She had no silly fears of breathing the air I breathed. (She once had told me that she wanted me to know and understand that she was not afraid of anything IN me, ON me, WITH me, or ABOUT me……!) Between Cat (my fianc

Dear Cathy:

I am so happy you posted Fate's last post. There is much work still to be done, God gave Fate the journey and he knew exactly what he was to do along the way. His words will live on forever n ever. His legacy lives on and those very words will help so many people. In the world of today, depression hits not only Stroke Survivors, people from all walks of life have their set of problems. The neat thing about Fate is he had the gift to be like a magnet, people just loved to be around him. He possessed the gifts from God that they were searching. People see changes in their family, friends, etc. who have been touched by Fate and his words and then they share with those individuals the change in them and it goes on and on. I can see Fate up in Heaven with God and they are just giving each other a high five and are so pleased with what is going on down here.

Cathy, you and Holly are going to feel Fate and his love forever. His music and his words will live on. Know I am here for you and I am blessed I was touched by Fate. We will talk soon. Love and prayers going out to you. Believe in Miracles and SOAR, God Bless, Hugs, Jan :friends:

Cathy: I forgot to share with you I will ask Donna if she would please put this special last post in the file we have on this site which is of Fate's previous posts that she could still find, as they are so important so that others can read them and be touched by his words of wisdom. Those that were fortunate enough to be here when he was here will never forget his words. I know they have been so important to me in my recovery. I am a firm believer that my journey started when it was suppose to and I am meeting people that I am suppose to be meeting. I will keep his words in my heart always. Thanks again, he was an important member to everyone who knew him and his love was felt by many. God Bless, Love n Hugs, Jan

Believe in Miracles and SOAR

As you will see, Cathy, Fate's dear loving wife posted tonight 1-10-09 Fate's last work in progress to us. Cathy's entry has been added to the Tribute created in Fate's ongoing Tribute here at Strokenet. The tribute is a collection of his postings to us from his journey. Fate was a true Warrior.

For those of us who had the opportunity to get to know you as a member, you will always have a place in our hearts. To our newer members, we hope that Fate's words will inspire each of you to continue to forge ahead as Fate did.

Rest In Peace Dear Friend - we know you are with us all as you are with Cathy & Holly.

To Cathy & Holly please know that we love you as we loved Fate and you as well will always be in our hearts. I felt honored and humbled to be able to put this tribute together in one thread.

Archived