What do we talk about in chat?

I always say: "Whatever topic we start a chat with we will always finish up talking about food" and today was no exception, we talked about medications, therapy, relationships and food.  Host Sally is a very good instructor for crockpot and slow cooker recipes.  I found it all interesting and sharing what we all know about a subject, pooling our information, makes that hour fly by.

If you haven't been to a chat lately or not at all why not come in and find some new ideas, some point of connection and maybe make a friend.  I have made some great friends on this site through chatting, blogging and posting and I am sure those reading this will too. It just takes a bit of organising your time so you free up that hour for chat but believe me it is worth it.

Sue.

Yes it is good to chat both as a survivor and as a caregiver, there is no need to feel lonely or that no-one else understands because there are a lot of people here with similar stories.  It is good to get involved whether you join a  chat, post a comment or start a blog there are others who will be in the same stage and be able to relate to what you have to say. I have been on here since 2005, involved in chat since 2006 and met some wonderful people on here and proud to call them friends. It has certainly saved my sanity when the going was tough so I can recommend it.

Sue.

Please don't ever feel as though you are a distraction. You go at your own pace!!! The other part is that it will help you in your recovery and maybe those slow times will become less frequent as you continue on!!! You are an asset to our family here!!!

A lot of the time we talk about change, change in our routines, in the one we care for's medication, in our relationships and in the way we feel about life.  Sometimes we talk about the changes in our lives we are not comfortable with.  That is one advantage of chat, it is not like a post or a blog it is a conversation and like a conversation can cope with a lot of different topics some of them quite sad and still leave you with a happy feeling when you finish.

This week we talked about family and relationships, medications and side effects, how to react when life disappoints you.  It is good to discuss things with people who have been there and done that and have the scars to prove it. Keep on chatting , it is doing you good!

Well said Sue. Chatting can be a very good way to meet other survivors and talk about questions about anything. If we talk fast than what you are comfortable.. tell us and no worries. You come first 

• 2 months later...

Not a lot of people coming onto the site at this time of the year.  I guess with the sun shining you still have a lot to do out of doors.  Remember chat still goes on through summer so if you are at home and have time when chat time comes around still come on, the hosts and whoever is on at the time will be there to discuss the positives as well as the negatives of life with you.  And remember if you have done something that was really positive write a blog about it - we all love good news.

Sue.

Archived