Pennslyvania

smallory

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I am 52 years old from Wexford, PA (suburban Pittsburgh) and am 5.5 months post stroke. I have limited use of my left arm and can walk unaided, but it isn't pretty.I am in PT.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I am 53 - 2 1/2 years post. Just moved to Pittsburgh with my daughter and our cat, Crystal. Moved from Mesa, AZ. I was born and raised in Pittsburgh - feels good to be back home.

Hello--

I am an SLP in Pittsburgh who works for the VA and we are conducting several research studies with people with aphasia/apraxia (language problems after a stroke). If you are interested in learning more, I'd be happy to provide details. I know that Pitt is also looking for subjects with R hemisphere strokes--I can give you that information as well.

Have a good day.

• 2 months later...

Hi, John Here, I live in Abington, PA which is outside Philadelphia. :happydance:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
Guest wickedwings

My name is Donia. I live in Clearfield County in the northwest central PA. I'm 38 years old and had my stroke 4 1/2 years ago. I have been deaf since birth. I was taught how to speak without being taught any sign language. I can lip-read up to a point. Most people talk too fast for me to lip-read. If there is anyone in the Clearfield area, I'd love to meet you.

My hubby (slightly hearing impaired) and I moved here from Indianapolis, Indiana 5 1/2 years ago. We have aquaintences, but hardly any friends locally. It can get lonely sometimes, as I feel like it's just the two of us against the world. We have to go out of town to have fun with other friends or family. Our immediate families are in Indiana. My hubby's closest friend is 3 hours away. My neighbor friend is too busy with work and 3 kids. At least, I have facebook....

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...