Be an encourager, we all need that encouragement to keep going.

Hi to the small community of people that post on here now. Thank you to those who comment on posts and blogs, those who encourage others on their journey. To those who read but are shy of posting a comment just think of a few words: good for you, you are doing well, keep up the good work etc Comments don't have to be long to be encouraging. I have had so much support over many years that for me it is a privilege to be here and continue to watch as people find support here. Like I said keep up the good work all of you.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi friends, hope you are not in isolation now and for those in the northern hemisphere taking advantage of your summer. If you have still feeling lonely and disheartened reach out to others. We may not be "all in this together" as we are told on the media right now but we are close enough to be here for one another. Keep coming on here and posting and  make the most of the company we can share with each other.

Hi Sue

I have been absent, once again.

I miss being here, being encouraged by everyone. 

These days I become overwhelmed very easily and things I enjoy are the first to go.

I haven't made a card in weeks.

Putting the needs of everyone else in 'real life' is something that I need to pull back on.

I want to feel important too.

So it was a great reminder coming along your blog first.

Thank you 

💚👑

Janelle, it has been slow on here lately with a lot of people missing, I put it down to the weather, too hot in the States and too cold here in Australia. In time people generally come back though some disappear altogether. Being here for others is part of what I do, and I have so many people that I am indebted to from my caregiver days. So I want to have the time to be here for others.

Good on you, Sue.

Paying it forward is so very rewarding. 

👑💚

On 5/31/2021 at 5:28 PM, swilkinson said:

Hi to the small community of people that post on here now. Thank you to those who comment on posts and blogs, those who encourage others on their journey. To those who read but are shy of posting a comment just think of a few words: good for you, you are doing well, keep up the good work etc Comments don't have to be long to be encouraging. I have had so much support over many years that for me it is a privilege to be here and continue to watch as people find support here. Like I said keep up the good work all of you.

Sue, thats an easy one for me. My only complication is that I write too much oftentimes, and my mind keeps going on and on. I sometimes have to catch myself and stop, or just delete my post entirely. Pre-stroke, I was mostly the quietest introverted guy on the periphery, now post-stroke sometimes I can't curb my thoughts, they just run on...I apologize for doing this as I'm really not a blabbermouth:tongue:. At home there are weeks that go by and the only words expressed were to the cat. You folks are my invisible friends from afar...

Will, I am nowadays a regular user of the chat section which gives me a lot of opportunity for actual contact with other stroke survivors. It took me a while to find out how to use the site but now it fills a lot of gaps for me.

Deigh

Will, whatever you post is a bonus for someone on here. By all means prune back what you write if you think it is too wordy but don't delete it if it is a new thought for you. I have been the Blog Moderator for many years now and have rarely had to suggest an edit to a blog. People's thoughts are important and someone will benefit from what you have to share.