Zelnorm Can Cause Heart Failure & Strokes

parksnet

I just found out through a newsletter that I subscribe to called, "Best Pills/Worst Pills" that Zelnorm (tegaserod maleate) made by Novartis Pharmaceutical Corp., a medication prescribed for constipation was pulled from the market on March 30 of this year because it causes strokes and heart attacks. My dad was taking Zelnorm for years up until his stroke and also afterwards. I bet people are still taking this and I wouldn't be surprised if it is still being prescribed. My brother and I have been on the internet investigating and attempting to determine a course of action. What's the most horriffic thing is that the pharmaceutical company, according to the article in Best Pills/Worst Pills knew long before the FDA pulled the drug that it wasn't effective and showed very little promise in clinical trials and was very risky and they did nothing.

Nettie,

In my area there are many lawyers advertising on TV to contact them if you have this sort of case with medicines that has caused problems. I am sure if you contact injury law firms they will be glad to take your case without fees until you win the case.

Archived