Fear of having another stroke

Hi Linda,

I had two strokes to. My first stroke was in 2006. My second onw was due to my having an Aortic Anurism surgery on Sept. 20th 2010. My blood presure dropped and caused me to have a second Stroke due to my T-8 spinal corde ingery. So I'm parlerized from the waist down!

Bruce Schwentker

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed on this forum no one talks about the fear of having a second stroke. I had my stroke because of atrial fib and is still not well controlled but I'm on Coumadin to keep my blood thin. When I discovered my stroke, the CT scan showed I had to previous small ones, I did not even know of. I worry a lot. What are others thoughts on this? I tried to be positive but the thought does haunt me. I know people on this forum have had multiple strokes, I would like to hear their stories and the time lapse between. Is there a time frame when you start feeling a little more secure?

Hugs, Linda

I think about it all the time. It has gotten so bad that they have had to put me on anxiety meds. I had a blood clot in my brain stem. Now if i feel anything in my head, i think im in trouble. this is driving me crazy.My entire life was turned upside down over night. Now I live in constant fear. Please any suggestions will be helpful. i am going on two months, had my stroke on 6/28/11. None of my friends call or visit, and I dont really feel like going out alot. HELP!

Xan

My stroke was started by blockage in my neck. They have since cleaned it out. BUT, today the wife and I were outside washing off our sleeping bags. The heat reminded me so much of the day of my stroke, I had to come inside for a few minutes and calm down.

• ksmith pinned this topic