Covid jab

As you know, Western Australia has pretty much steered clear of covid.

It's coming, down south and Perth have hot spots and mask wearing etc.

We've been putting off getting the jab, but due to Wayne's work and the kids being at tafe, we have to have them.

So 3rd December we go and have the first jab.

The doctor rang me the next day, because he knew just how nervous I was about having it. Blood clots were my main concern. 

Anyway, it was like someone put a rocket launcher under my bum!!

I was great! Full steam ahead with organising drawers, tidying cupboards, sorting out whatever I could lay my hands on!!

The next day, however, I was extremely tired. Not from the needle but from my day of mad cleaning!!

💚👑

Well done Janelle, glad you had minimal reaction and managed to get stuff done the next day. My fist dose knocked me sideways. have to book in for number 3 in the next couple of weeks. Especially as I'm now back in the big city for a month or so.

Number two is the worry jab, so I've been told. That's in a couple of weeks. 

All the best for your third, Heather.

Hope you aren't back in the city long. We've stopped watching the news, not sure what Vic is up to.

💚👑

Janelle :

for the first one I did not feel a thing & never even thought about doing any cleaning at home, second shot felt lousy with chills & headache for a day & third was breeze too felt nothing. doing organization is never my forte I will rather avoid & sleep then organize anything.need to organize my clothes closet hubby is complaining for too long now.

Asha

I just had a booster, no problems with the two Astra Zenaca but the Phizer caused two days of pain from around the injection site. However if that is the price of keeping well I am all for it.

Oh Asha!! I can just imagine your husband complaining about the cupboard! Too funny!!

I'm with you Sue. Was very resistant at first, but if I want to keep volunteering at soup kitchen I had to do it.

I'll let you know how I go. 

💚👑

Not worth not getting them done.  a day or 2 of discomfort versus potentially weeks in ICU, I'll take the jabs, doing my best to stay clear of people now I'm back in the city, the case numbers are depressing I'm trying not to look and worry over what I cannot control. What I can do is have my shots, wear my mask, keep fit, eat right, avoid crowded places, wash my hands, ... and admit I'm probably still going to catch it, but the shots mean you get it with less symptoms.

It's a worry alright, Heather.

Doing what we can to help ourselves is paramount. 

August last year, we went down to Yallingup for a few days.

On the way, we caught up with friends in Perth. Only at a maccas, to make it easier for everyone to get to. I went to the loo, and this young girl was asking her little girl to flush the loo. The little girl was all over the system with her hands looking for the button. Her mum ended up pushing it. Then they walked out! No hand washing!!

If covid does nothing else, it teaches that hygiene is important. 

Apparently. 

💚👑

• 3 months later...

I've had three shots so far.  My only side-effects were sleeping for about 24 hours after each shot (a blessing for me; I've had difficulty sleeping for several years now) and a sore arm for several days.

While the protection isn't perfect, I am *REALY* glad that I got them.    I may be eligible for a 4th in the next few months, which I will grab with both hands.

One of my adult children just tested positive; she's also triple-vaxxed.  Has mild cold symptoms, only significant impact on her is that she can't go out to the shops, and has to use DoorDash to get groceries.

All the medics that I know (wife, sister-in-law, family doc, neurologist ...) agree that the benefits FAR outweigh the risks and discomfort.

I'm not a doctor, but my medical friends tell me that the risk of clots is negligible., especially when you look at the risk of getting severe COVID.  I'm on aspirin anyway, so in my case clots are moot.

One of our kids came over for supper last night.  Rapid-test negative before she arrived, lots of windows open.  She tested positive this morning, so we tested ourselves.  Wife and I both positive, two adult children visiting are still asleep, but I expect that they will also be positive.

We were planning to go Banff next week to meet one of the kids who now lives in Vancouver; that is now off.  Sigh.

Asymptomatic apart from a very mild headache.

Could be a while lot worse; thank goodness for vaccines and Ontario's aggressive (if belated) rollout.

paul