I just wanna read my damn book!

Being one handed these days, I read on my phone.

I found an awesome app where for $13.99 a month, I can read as many books as I like.

Some months are slow, one or two books. One month I read 16 books!

Obviously an avid reader, I love it.

Been having technical issues the past few days and I'm so frustrated!

Not like I can pick up a book and read until it's fixed!

First world problem I know, but yet another thing not understood by the real world.

💚👑

A few months ago I bought a pad specially to read E-books. I download the books for free using 'Libby'. This has been a great boon because I dont have to carry heavy books home from the library, It has similar problems to selecting a book from the shelf inasmuch as you are not sure you will like the book but at least if you dont like you can instantly dump the thing and select another.

What it has done is increase the range of books I normally read and that is not a bad thing.

Deigh

It's amazing how reading a book has changed!

I have mine sorted now, not satisfactorily, but at least I can find out what happens next!

I love British police novels!

💚👑

I still buy mine from the church Op Shop. It costs me a dollar which I call rent as I return them so they can be sold again. I have also joined the library, as I still drive figure I only have to carry them into the house. I haven't borrowed any yet but will soon. Usually I stockpile them for winter but didn't this year as I got busy with other things. My day is housework, shopping, reading, crocheting and gardening if the weather is reasonable. So I keep busy.

• 4 weeks later...

My daughter is learning to crochet, Sue! She's really enjoying it!

Gone are the days of being taught, she's watching you tube videos. My mum would love to teach her, but her arthritis is stopping that. So would Wayne's aunty, but she's in Perth.

Carrah is asking them both for advice, so that's lovely. 

💚👑

It is great when one of the grandkids likes an activity you like or comes to you for advice. None of my grandkids crochet but I do cook with Christopher and do jigsaw puzzles with Alice when she is here. The others only come for short visits.

All our grandkids have grown up and most of them have partners, There are no great grandkids in the pipeline which is a shame but understandable, I wouldn't want to bring kids into this present world. 

Deigh

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure how I feel about grandkids.

Not that there's any forthcoming!

I know they are little for such a short time, but I won't be able to change nappies, bathe them, carry them ... makes me sad.

💚👑

Well. its obvious that I'm not on my own with this train of thought, Scientists tell me that in twenty years time the average age will be 60, but scientists have been wrong before. Many years ago that said that when they could split the atom the world would have limitless clean power!

Deigh

Scientists also used to encourage the use of mercury as a laxative.

But on the rise of the average age, I'm inclined to believe it!!

💚👑

You may surprise yourself Janelle when it comes to baby care. A hell of a lot can be done with one hand only. But they do know/feel if you are nervous. New borns are easier than a few months old they squirm less, especially if their parents have swaddled them before giving to you to hold.

• 1 month later...

atomic power is frowned on by climate extremists, it is clean and safe but is not relied on enough.Too many uninformed opinions on it.On log Island where I grew up we had Nuclear power for 40 years, here in georgia also.It kkeps the cost down and reliability up

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Green Queen, have you had a look at the chat function? I've been on it for a few years and its rather fun. you can get to it via the main site and three days a week the  evening chat is sometime in our morning. Have a look at it sometime.

Deigh