Minnesota

smallory

Guest Caregiver3

I am the caregiver to my husband, Thom, & we live just South of West St.Paul, MN. Thom has had multiple strokes & is currently hospitalized but I would like to meet other caregivers in my area.

Mary Jo (Caregiver3)

Hi:

I'm a 39-year-old survivor who lives in Hugo, MN (20 miles north of St. Paul). Would love to meet and chat with other survivors locally.

• 1 month later...

I am a 61 year old married guy that stroked in Dec 06. My wife and I live near Grand Marais 120 miles up the lake shore from Duluth. Would love to meet others. George Gradek

• 5 months later...

I am Beth Kangas and live in Woodbury. I had a hemorrhagic stroke in 2003 and brain surgery. I volunteer with Minnesota Stroke Association and American Stroke Association. I would like to e-mail, talk on the phone or meet in a coffee shop. I had a second stroke April 2008. I still am doing well, but wanting more to talk with other survivors. The loneliness is starting to get to me!

• 1 month later...

My friend, Barbie, is the caregiver for her husband Jim who suffered from a stroke about a year ago. He was incredibly healthy - active and nutritionally minded, so this completely came out of left field. They are young, both in their early 50s and have two sons in their twenties. I am here on her behalf, looking to connect her with caregivers who are going through similar experiences. Barbie and Jim live in Edina. Please let me know if you'd be interested in connecting with her - phone, email, coffee. Thanks everyone!

• 1 year later...

The Minnesota Stroke Association is sponsoring its annual Strike Out Stroke at the Dome Event on Thursday, June 4th, 2009 at the HHH Metrodome in DT Minneapolis. All survivors, family, caregivers and friends are invited to partake in this celebration of life at the afternoon Twins vs. Cleveland game.

Festivities begin at 10 am outside Gate D with the game beginning at 12:15 pm.

If you are interested, please visit the MN Stroke Association's website at www.strokemn.org

Thanks and hope to see you there!

Karen

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi I am Bob Sebastian I had a stroke april 27 2010. In the mri they foud another silent stroke in my ever shrinking brain.

I would like to meet anyone that has the same understanding as I. Strokes hurt,in more ways than one. I am located in Bloomington and Osakis I drive. Peace brothers and sisters.

Hi I am Bob Sebastian I had a stroke april 27 2010. In the mri they foud another silent stroke in my ever shrinking brain.

I would like to meet anyone that has the same understanding as I. Strokes hurt,in more ways than one. I am located in Bloomington and Osakis I drive. Peace brothers and sisters.

Hey Bob, I'm in Minneapolis, would love to have coffee with you some weekend. PM me with details.

Dean

Just read on weekend. missed that the first time Dean. maybe for dinner. We could do TGIF, Bordrodway pizza. It will be a while before i am home on weekend.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Anyone in Minnesota attending Strides For Stroke 2012? The 2012 Strides for Stroke 3.0 mile Fitness Walk/Run will take place on Saturday, May 12, 2012 in St. Paul's beautiful Como Park. This event is through the Minnesota Stroke Association.

If you are going to attend, please let me know. It would be great to meet some you.

• 2 months later...

Hi Dave!

I'm hoping my husband will agree to this event - I think it would be great for both of us! His first stroke was July, 27, 2010 (anniversary this Friday). We live in Hudson, just over the River.