Narcotics

ekh92206

I am now as some of you may know pregnant. It is def a bittersweet occurance. When I stroked my husband Loren and I had been trying to get pregnant for about 2 months with out luck. We've recently found out that we'll be expecting in early January. We had always planned to have 4 children, but after the stroke thought we would wait. I have no idea how it happened but it did and now we're working with it.

Before I found all of this out I was taking several medications for my stroke related problems, CPS, headaches, and other pain. I've since stopped taking those medications. (topomax, percocet, tegrotal, cymbaylta, fioricet) Needless to say I'm now in a lot of pain, my PCP says it would be alright to take percocets when absolutly needed but I disagree. With my boys I didn't even drink caffine or take tylenol.

Before the pregnancy I was taking up to 8 percocets a day for pain. Sometimes I was taking none at all. But when I needed them they helped. They did enable me to get out of bed, do a load of laundry, and be an active role in my boys' Colman and Devin's lives. Since I've stopped my meds I'm a wreck, I'm sooo tired and I have terrible headaches about 4-5 times per week. In the last 6 weeks I've accomplished nothing. I have also talked with my obgyn who says if absolutly necessary it would be alright to take them. It just doesn't sound like a good idea, especially when the sentance is began with "if absolutly necessary". Who is to determine that??!!

you may want to discuss with them what the danger is for the baby with these drugs, that way you can weigh out the risk versus the improvement you can get if you take just one occasionally, sounds like you have your head on staight as far as going overboard, in other words if it causeslow birth weight and you could do otherr things to help increase birthweight you may be able to get the occasional help fot the pain, you will be in my prayers. :hug: :dribble:

Archived