Prevalence of mind altering stroke and dementia in post stroke period

It will take probably 48 to 72 hours for the lexapro to be out of her system.. Some antidepressants take a week or more to work, and on some people the difference is seen/felt right away.

That is wonderful she took some steps on her own.. and recognized the fact she did it.

I am sure you are making sure she has enough water/liquids to drink. sometimes with the confusion and things going on we at first forget to eat or drink enough without someone reminding us. Dehydration can also cause some confusion and weakness.

I knew your grandmother's things were in France, but as Kimmie suggested.. maybe a few momento's of her favorites.. or things that are similar in her room. Maybe a doll to hold and comfort. would help her when she is crying hard.

It will take probably 48 to 72 hours for the lexapro to be out of her system.. Some antidepressants take a week or more to work, and on some people the difference is seen/felt right away.

That is wonderful she took some steps on her own.. and recognized the fact she did it.

I am sure you are making sure she has enough water/liquids to drink. sometimes with the confusion and things going on we at first forget to eat or drink enough without someone reminding us. Dehydration can also cause some confusion and weakness.

I knew your grandmother's things were in France, but as Kimmie suggested.. maybe a few momento's of her favorites.. or things that are similar in her room. Maybe a doll to hold and comfort. would help her when she is crying hard.

thank you bonnie. i spoke with my mother and we are doing as you guys recommended. we are going to ship a few small things to hold on to until the big move. also my mother is going to france and will bring more of her "things." as you can imagine moving to the US after spending your life of 84 years in france is no small thing. we have been on it as far as water/liquids. her apetite has been pretty good until today, today she is very tired, dementia, shakes and high blood pressure (first time since she is back home). i don't know if switching the meds could be one of the reasons? the doctor just left our house. so, we willl just have to wait and see. i am glad to hear about lexapro. i thought i t would take longer to get out of her system.

again, thank you very much for all your help.

have a wonderful week-end.

sandrine

• Founder and Owner

Hi, when a stroke survivor gets excited their muscles sometimes spasm involuntarily. It's a very strange phenomena and I know that I do things, like raise my hands or legs. I'm actually thinking about doing this movement and use the involuntary muscle strength to move to another body position.

This might explain her strange strength.

Archived