Wow, what a happenstance find the diabetes comments are. You can see my stroke was almost 12 years ago. I've been diagnosed with diabetes off and on for several years. Last weekend (2024/02/04) I was in the ER for issues (weakness, dizziness, etm.). Their diagnosis was Type 2 diabetes. So anyway, in the course of the week I haven't been able to stabilize my blood sugar. My doctor suggested that I'm a Type 1 diabetic and prescribed insulin at 8 units twice a day: "Recommend increase but 15-20% every 2-3 days until 2 hour post meal is <180 and morning fasting is <130 without lows <70". My lowest blood sugar this week has been 363, the highest has been Over-range on the monitor (in excess of 600).

In April of 2023 I was operated on for a pituitary tumor. Due to changes in employment I haven't been able to verify the results of that surgery.

So anyway, in the course of the week I haven't been able to stabilize my blood sugar. My doctor suggested that I'm a Type 1 diabetic and prescribed insulin at 8 units twice a day: "Recommend increase but 15-20% every 2-3 days until 2 hour post meal is <180 and morning fasting is <130 without lows <70". My lowest blood sugar this week has been 363, the highest has been Over-range on the monitor (in excess of 600).

With all of the above, I have dizzy spells and have fallen several times. Fortunately my laminate floor is on a sub-floor, so I haven't sustained a concussion.

I've been doing a lot of reading as I proofread for about 14 authors.

It was while I was in the hospital that they discovered I had type two diabetes.  That falling down is not good stuff. So be careful.  I'm coming up 10 years.  Exercise and oxygen current diabetes control.  Was on Jardiance.  Loved it for control.  Wore me down though.  

• 4 months later...

My diabetes has been diagnosed as Type 1 now. Insulin 5 times per day. Still fall down occasionally.

And I've been excessed 3 times in the past year. I get hire and last about 90 days, then get the boot.

This last employer held discussions with me about my disability and sent me to EAP, which will last until my insurance runs out at the end of the month.

And I had a pituitary tumor "excised" last year. I think that has come back.

Praying every day but I keep sinking in the septic tank.

My late husband Ray was diabetic. He used to call me the "food police" as I was constantly watching his diet. He loved sugar and his sugar reading would rise high whenever he got his hands on sugary foods. Dieticians are good at explaining what you can eat and what you need to avoid so consult one of you can. A good diet will keep your diabetes more under control.

I recently did a six week course designed to improve my walking and help prevent falls. If you hear about one near you it is worth taking the trouble. I had got to taking small steps and then trying to speed up. Now I can take a longer stride. My problem isn't stroke it is surgery on my left leg which has made the tendons behind my leg shorten.

Hope you can find some easy solutions to help you to get through this stage. Life is good when you can move around more easily.