Thank You vey much for the post.

You have described exactly how it seems with the children.My wife has developed the art of switching off when I talk and filtering out the important bits.Since my stroke I have tended to rabbit on and on about nothing , usually changing the subject in mid sentence.

Cheers ,

Allan :lol:

Welcome to the board! This is what keeps me sane! I have had multipule strokes! God has blessed me so much! I can walk and talk (so-so)! I cannot work or drive! It bothered me at first not being able to go on my own! My husband is my caregiver! I have been stroking for four years! We have worked things out pretty well! I had to learn to bite my tounge several times! Allan, do you have any hobbies? I know it is harder to read now! I read simple fiction when I read! I was very lucky God gave me my hands! I crochet, knit and quilt! I don't know what I would do if I couldn't do something with my hands! Hope you are better soon! You can tell it all here! God Bless!

Thanks for the reply.

I feel a bit of a fraud really,compared to other people I am 100% fit.

I am trying to put my mind to useful things.At this time I am quite happy to sit at the computer for hours at a time.When my wife asks me what I have been doing,I have no idea.Thankfully she has bought me about 20 magazines about buses and trains and doesn't mind if one minute I am chatting to her and suddenly get up and go on the computer mid sentence.

I shall try and keep going but it is hard ,perhaps if my symptoms were more pronounced I could cope better.People can see a slight limp and can't see how bad I feel inside ,wanting to do so much but unable to.

WE are going away for a week to Devon on the 10th but I have to interupt the trip to have a CAT scan and a Carotid Ultrasound.Hopefully they can pinpoint the cause and I can start some sort of treatment.

Thanks for listening.

Allan :(:unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

I cleaned my house like crazy monday, did the yardwork tuesday and am at a complete waste this wednesday, I'm pooped! Was so windy sunday night, swear I never slept or fitfully. This morning I was beat when I woke and had to get up and remember being kinda tired yesterday am, still learning to pace myself. I feel good and then tend to over do it! :rolleyes: still learning how to live with this....Has enyone gotten control (without drugs) over vertigo and anxiety, am I crazy to feel better after socializing? :huh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived